Guide: How to upload AMVs

Asrai
Org Profile

Re: Guide: How to upload AMVs

Post by Asrai » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:07 pm

Okay~ I think i found my mistake (and it seems it was indeed my fault..). So for all the others here (also I don't think, there's another Idiot like me..):
One or two years ago I already tried to upload a video, failed and gave up (frustrated). But now it seems that I didn't complete failed there and the upload-request still waited in the deepth of my account for me to take action. And because of that no new "upload video" - Button showed up. So after I detected this, I deleted it aaand.. There was the link. :)
So~ now let's see if this Idiot will master the last steps and finally upload the first video O__o"
Btw~ Thanx for the fast reply! :)

RADX888
Org Profile

Post by RADX888 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:18 pm

Sigh, okay I'm trying to enter in the video info.

I typed in my info, added the music info and selected what anime. Click next and it says, "Before you can add a link you need the following info entered (Premiere date int the past, music, anime)" Which was all the stuff I just did!!!

Uhmmmmm what am I missing here. I don't know is their a tutorial on this adding a new video information??

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:22 pm

:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:40 pm

RADX888 wrote:"Before you can add a link you need the following info entered (Premiere date int the past, music, anime)" Which was all the stuff I just did!!!
This is your problem. I could only see it because you made a deletion request though.
Your video's premiere date is set to November 30, 2010 (which is not in the past). Nobody else can see the entry yet because you set the date available to sometime in the future as well.

You can go to this page to request the premiere date be changed (and I can approve it after you make the request). That should let you get upload permission, but unless you make a new entry with an available date in the past as well, nobody will be able to get to your video. I'd suggest making a new entry, just be sure to pm me if you do so I can delete the old entry.

RADX888
Org Profile

Post by RADX888 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:32 pm

Alright thanks, I clicked that link and just typed in the suggested premiere date. I guess I'll see if I can upload now or go back and make a new entry. But here was what I don't understand.

I made a video this weekend. So do I select the 10th as the premiere date(when I started making it) and then today's date because that's when I am posting it?

SeNniN
Org Profile

Post by SeNniN » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:41 pm

I've uploaded videos in past, but for some reason when I click on "upload Video" it says "no video with complete information is available".
I'm not sure why it's saying this since I've already added new entry, and I've rechecked it several times to check for any errors.
The premier date is fine, Anime has been selected, song has been selected, so what can be causing this?
Just getting frustrated here since nothing seems to be wrong.

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:21 am

@RADX888:
Premiere date is (as the name would suggest) the day that you first showed the completed amv (or when you finished the amv/made it downloadable).

@Sennin: You have to have a confirmed anime listed in your video to be able to upload a video. "The Wolf Brigade" isn't yet confirmed, and won't be until after we finish gathering input to update the site definition of anime.

SeNniN
Org Profile

Post by SeNniN » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:14 am

Kariudo wrote:@Sennin: You have to have a confirmed anime listed in your video to be able to upload a video. "The Wolf Brigade" isn't yet confirmed, and won't be until after we finish gathering input to update the site definition of anime.
Okay thanks, but how long will this take? Can't you confirm it?

SeNniN
Org Profile

Post by SeNniN » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:23 am

nvm, I found it here titled as "Jin-Roh", sorry about that.

bloodlust421
Org Profile

Post by bloodlust421 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:56 pm

i dont know what to do the progress bar just keeps filling up over and over again ive been trying to upload for 2 hours now :(
someone please help :cry:

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”