Clips in timeline are 'blinking'

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
Wished
Org Profile

Clips in timeline are 'blinking'

Post by Wished » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:00 am

I saved my project as a .veg yesterday and opened it back up today to work on it.

The clips are okay, but the timeline states that they are offline and the preview of it is a bright red color.
Well, actually, they aren't TOTALLY okay.
They play fine but up to some points, it will have one totally black keyframe, the next will be fine, and the next will be totally black again several times,
so the clip looks like it is "blinking" really fast for several keyframes.

How can I fix this? Thanks in advaced! :)

If anyone needs me to upload what it looks like or post screenshots, I'll be glad to.

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Re: Clips in timeline are 'blinking'

Post by Nya-chan Production » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:08 am

Do you use lossless avis for editing? Sounds like typical xvid/divx editing issue.

Wished
Org Profile

Post by Wished » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:47 am

I assume a lossless avi contains xvid/divx codec? If that is the case, then yes I am. I know I'm not supposed to use it, but it's really really short [just shy of 4 seconds] & I thought it was the perfect scene to mask T_T haha. Is there any way to convert this?

I opened it again today and now it doesn't have the blinking problem anymore but I am afraid it will come back again -___-

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:00 am

Wished wrote:I assume a lossless avi contains xvid/divx codec? If that is the case, then yes I am. I know I'm not supposed to use it, but it's really really short [just shy of 4 seconds] & I thought it was the perfect scene to mask T_T haha. Is there any way to convert this?

I opened it again today and now it doesn't have the blinking problem anymore but I am afraid it will come back again -___-
lossless avi does NOT contain xvid/divx codec - it's somthing like lagarith or huffyyuv.

You might want to look into this guide...

Wished
Org Profile

Post by Wished » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:57 pm

Thanks! That guide really helped me understand a lot more about codecs and whatnot. ^^; Hahaha, I feel really silly now. Anyhow, thanks to you, I was able to fix the problem. Thanks a lot! :)

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”