Angel Beats!

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Re: Angel Beats!

Post by CodeZTM » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:23 am

I arrived a little late to the AB party, but since it came more highly reccomended than God, I decided to check it out [or perhaps it was my friend that tied me to a chair and forced me to watch it].

Gotta say, 6 episodes in, and this is really on its way to my top 10 list. :D

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:40 am

I'm glad that the Blu-ray includes a creditless opening that still has the red pulse/ flatline. I plan on making 2 Angel Beats AMVs fairly soon.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:34 pm

I actually meant to ask this months ago. Are people in Japan really OK with naming their daughters "Yuri"? I'm not prejudice against yuri.......it just seems like a awkward name. I mean....what if someone in America flat-out named their daughter "Lesbian"? When the series first came out, you couldn't even google "yuri angel beats" without getting yuri of Yuri and Kandae (Angel at the time).

Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Org Profile

Post by Enigma » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:40 pm

kireblue wrote:I actually meant to ask this months ago. Are people in Japan really OK with naming their daughters "Yuri"? I'm not prejudice against yuri.......it just seems like a awkward name. I mean....what if someone in America flat-out named their daughter "Lesbian"? When the series first came out, you couldn't even google "yuri angel beats" without getting yuri of Yuri and Kandae (Angel at the time).
there was an incident here where a person was named lesbian :mrgreen:

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:47 pm

kireblue wrote:I actually meant to ask this months ago. Are people in Japan really OK with naming their daughters "Yuri"? I'm not prejudice against yuri.......it just seems like a awkward name. I mean....what if someone in America flat-out named their daughter "Lesbian"? When the series first came out, you couldn't even google "yuri angel beats" without getting yuri of Yuri and Kandae (Angel at the time).
i thought that Yuri and Yaoi were american designated things, bastardized by some japanese term. :uhoh:

REally, Kionon is the best person to ask that to.

Plus, it might be like our American Mary Marie and Merry. Just assuming though.
Spoiler :
So... In the ending... Kanade and Otonoshi were reincarnated and Kanade's humming of those lyrics reminded Otonshi of them in the past? Does this possibly mean that the band members were reincarnated back as well and had a hit song? :D I can hope, can't I?

WHY WAS THERE NO TK BACKSTORY. YOU BASTARDS. I WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT TK.

Same with ninja lady. She probably had a very interesting backstory. :lol:
EDIT: ZOMG

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:20 am

Code wrote:
EDIT: ZOMG

Quoted Image converted to link:
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/ ... 616519.jpg

OOOOOOH MUUUUUUHHHH GOOODNEEEEESSSS
:ying:

Anyhow, I liked it. Don't get what the fuss is. 8/10, just cuz it's missing stuff. Tell me how all the characters died, damnit! I also want to see the characters in their next life...
Image Image

kenisama
Org Profile

Post by kenisama » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:58 am

George Orwell wrote:People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:15 pm

kenisama wrote:Good News!!!
Hells yeah.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:20 am

This was probably the funniest episode in the entire series. It wasn't the "Everything will be revealed and all questions will be answered" epilogue that I was hoping for, but even so, it was so worth the wait. I really hope that there will be something in the future that will explain the series finale though.

Note: the current release is a low video quality one by Mazui, but they said that they plan to eventually have a 720P version available. Even so, I feel that the quality of the current release is bearable.

kenisama
Org Profile

Post by kenisama » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:22 am

I noticed at the very end of the episode it said, "Bad End" So I wonder if they're making another special for a "Good End"
George Orwell wrote:People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”