So You Want To Be A *GOOD* Anime Music Video Editor?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Pie Row Maniac
Org Profile

Re: So You Want To Be A *GOOD* Anime Music Video Editor?

Post by Pie Row Maniac » Wed May 19, 2010 4:43 pm

That makes the graphic artist in me smile.
Image Image

YoKo-
Org Profile

Post by YoKo- » Thu May 27, 2010 3:32 am

I truly enjoyed reading all that! Great job! :) Personally I didn't really find anything to be against what I think and some of the simple facts you said reminded me what I had forgotten long ago, thanks :up:

ainsworth176
Org Profile

Post by ainsworth176 » Fri May 28, 2010 6:10 am

whats the best video effect editor? or best movie maker?Hope you can help me. thanks

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Mon May 31, 2010 7:02 pm

ainsworth176 wrote:whats the best video effect editor? or best movie maker?Hope you can help me. thanks
There is no 'best' really, it's largely a matter of what you're used to and personal preference. That being said, Windows Movie Maker, Magix, Sony Vegas and Adobe Premiere seem to be the most common ones.

Windows Movie Maker is free and comes with recent version of Windows (I think it's an optional download for Windows 7 instead of automatically included, but still free). However it is very limited in capability and generally viewed as fairly worthless. Think of it as like MS Paint vs Photoshop. It may be worth playing with to begin with to see if editing really is something you enjoy, but you'll probably want to upgrade to something else if you do get into editing.

Magix is a pretty cheap program. I've never used it, but I've always gotten the impression that it's somewhat limited. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Sony Vegas is moderately inexpensive but still powerful enough to do most things you'd want. Quite a lot of respectable videos have been created in it. If you *REALLY* get into effects you may find it a bit limiting, but even so it's still quite workable.

Adobe Premiere is expensive (assuming you get it legally), but it has a lot of capability. The biggest advantage of Premiere is probably it's easy integration with After Effects and other Adobe suite programs, which is something a lot of editors don't do so it may not be worth the cost for you. If you do decide to get it, look for student discounts and the like, that can save you a lot of money.

Most of these programs have trial versions, so I'd suggest getting the trial and playing around with the program to see which you like best before buying. There's also a bit more discussion, and options, listed in this thread and the Video Editing Software forum would probably be helpful once you get your program.

pan_dbgt01
Org Profile

Post by pan_dbgt01 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:23 am

Having fun is what's it's all about! You're on the internet so no one knows if your upset or cares.

Pie Row Maniac
Org Profile

Post by Pie Row Maniac » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:01 pm

pan_dbgt01 wrote:Having fun is what's it's all about! You're on the internet so no one cares.
Fixed that for ya :awesome:
Image Image

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:30 am

You... Put your troll post in,
edit your typo out,
put your lolcat in,
and you BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ it all about.

you piss off all the vets
and you turn their words around

cuz that's what it's all about!
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:51 pm

Kionon wrote:You... Put your troll post in,
edit your typo out,
put your lolcat in,
and you BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ it all about.

you piss off all the vets
and you turn their words around

cuz that's what it's all about!
Don't you have your own thread you can fag up? This thread is for me to spread my brilliance to fucking noobs in the hopes that they will learn something about editing. I would attempt to teach you how to edit, but by this point I think that's a waste of time. When you're dealing with a 20+ year old retard who is so god damned stupid they can't even wipe their own ass, you gotta wonder what are the odds that you're going to get through to the cocksucking moron? So anyway, this thread is srs business! None of your crap here, everyone knows you're a worthless troll. How would you like it if I fagged up your thread?

sircrackpot
Org Profile

Post by sircrackpot » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:20 pm

Wonderful. I was making a few the mistakes myself, slowly fixing what I had noticed was throwing videos off. Now I have them in my face to help improve my videos DRASTICALLY. Thank you!

Those videos...man, talk about inspiring. Leaps and bounds beyond my current skill, but gives me something to strive toward.

PS: The last post is the best post in the history of the internet.
...Yeah, I know she's a trap.

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:39 pm

sircrackpot wrote:Wonderful. I was making a few the mistakes myself, slowly fixing what I had noticed was throwing videos off. Now I have them in my face to help improve my videos DRASTICALLY. Thank you!

Those videos...man, talk about inspiring. Leaps and bounds beyond my current skill, but gives me something to strive toward.

PS: The last post is the best post in the history of the internet.
Glad to provide. Both the help and the amusement at insulting kionon.

Return to “General AMV”