ANIME EXPO 2010 Amv Meet & Greet (WEDNESDAY NIGHT!!)

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Re: ANIME EXPO 2010 Amv Meet & Greet

Post by The Wired Knight » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:34 pm

Rider4Z wrote:UPDATE: Today Stryyder and I went to Oiwake to confirm our reservations and had an interesting development. For those of you who have attended the previous 2 years this could be good or bad, but i'm leaning towards overall good. Time is still set so we are still starting at 6pm, just expect it to be a little different this time around.... And no, i'm keeping my mouth shut as to why ;)

AMV knife fights?
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:33 pm

HEY i might actually get the %&*#in' poster done :D

UPDATE: Okay poster and quiz are finished. yayyyyy. well technically i finished the quiz a while ago but where's the suspense??

Sequence of events is gonna go like this: Stryyder and I are going to arrive at Oiwake around 5pm for set up. Officially we are starting at 6pm. which really just means i'm going to start the playlist of oldies and goodies, many that were previous AX finalists and some that have become famous (or infamous) here on the org. and then some of my own personal faves.

at 8pm all quizzes are due!

8:15pm the playlist will stop and the Video Answers will be played. video is about 10 minutes, then after that winners will be announced and given free range of the schwag. following that will be the drawing of the winner of the Meet & Greet poster (which everyone will have signed) and the original artwork (colored) of this year's version of our mascot "Amp".

and if you think you just can't handle anymore excitement, there's moar! We will then be giving away our raffle prize which will be in public display all night so you can take your time deciding how much you want it and how many tickets to buy. (proceeds of the raffle will be going to our host, Oiwake.) donations are also welcome! yeah i know we're all broke but if your heart compels you... (drawing of Amp and the poster are free, when you arrive your name will be written down and put into a hat.)

so this should take us to about 8:45pm at which point i will start the new playlist which will include requests and vids belong to those in actual attendance. again, if you're attending and want your vids shown TELL ME. i don't have time to check everyone's profile and just pick and choose. i've already got plenty to fill in the extra 2-3 hours we'll be hanging out so lemme know!

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:37 pm

Heya, got a favor to ask.

Anyone willing to carpool or walk together over to Little Tokyo and back on Day 0 for the dinner? I'll be in the area really early (around 12-1) for reg and I'll be parking inside the convention center. I sure as hell don't wanna leave and pay for parking again at Little Tokyo and AGAIN at the convention center since I'll be staying over at the hotel next to the convention center. I don't wanna pay $12 (initial parking at convention center) + $6 (Little Tokyo parking) + $12 (convention center again) again just for one day of parking. :x

In short, I need a ride/or walking company to and back from the dinner.

Walking over to Little Tokyo in the day will probably not be so bad, but I definitely don't wanna walk at night (although I've done it many times in New York after hours, but I don't wanna do that again. :sweat: ). Lemme know if anyone's up for it. Thanks!

Edit: Got it all covered.
Last edited by Castor Troy on Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Stryyder
Org Profile

Post by Stryyder » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:44 pm

What about taking the metro? There's a stop on Pico, 2 blocks from LACC and then one at 1st and Alameda, if I remember correctly 1.50 on the gold line.
Anime Expo: Tabletop Game Room Manager 2014-
Anime Expo: Tabletop Game Room staff 2010-2013
Anime California: AMV Staff 2019-
Anime Conji: AMV Staff 2014-2015
Anime Vegas: AMV Contest Coordinator 2010-2013

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:59 pm

Stryyder wrote:What about taking the metro? There's a stop on Pico, 2 blocks from LACC and then one at 1st and Alameda, if I remember correctly 1.50 on the gold line.
It's all good, I got it covered.

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Re: ANIME EXPO 2010 Amv Meet & Greet (WEDNESDAY NIGHT!!)

Post by Rider4Z » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:43 pm

hasta mañana mis amigos |:>

machina21
Org Profile

Post by machina21 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:16 am

I might be there, i might not. I doesn't matter either way. no one will ever know who I am.

Ninja Style son! :bzz:
"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere."

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:41 pm

machina21 wrote:I might be there, i might not. I doesn't matter either way. no one will ever know who I am.

I'm gonna ask everyone there if they're you now. :ying: :awesome: :twisted:

I will not leave without meeting you.

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:42 pm

Castor Troy wrote:

I'll tell you what, I'll come down so just make sure to wait there so you'll meet me too.. You might want to bring a sleeping bag though as I might be a "few" days late :P

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

machina21
Org Profile

Post by machina21 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:00 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
machina21 wrote:I might be there, i might not. I doesn't matter either way. no one will ever know who I am.

Are you gonna try to kill me? |:>
"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere."

Return to “Anime Conventions”