Anime Mid Atlantic '10 FINALIST

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
SammySamaProductions
Org Profile

Re: Anime Mid Atlantic '10 FINALIST

Post by SammySamaProductions » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:56 am

Here's the link to my romance submission. Hopefully it will job your memory ;)

http://www.youtube.com/user/SammySamaPr ... Gs79O-NI4o
ImageImage
ImageImage

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:01 am

I sent an e-mail like nearly a week or two ago, and have yet to get any sort of reply from either Gene's e-mail or the Con coordinator's e-mail regarding prize shipment. I never was able to confirm if the plaques were sent out for free, or what kind of shipping I'd need to get the other prizes shipped, because I'd be very interesting in covering the cost of shipping if it was necessary.

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:05 am

If we're asking for anyone to cover shipping for their prizes I haven't been made aware of it so I'm assuming that's our burden. And yes, he's hard to nail down. We've been trying to lure him into a cage with Naruto CCG booster packs but he moves too fast and de-baits the traps before they're sprung. Anyway, it's only two weeks removed from AMA. I dunno what everyone else is doing but rest assured you all will receive your awards as soon as can be arranged... :sweat:
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020 - 2021)

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:20 am

Deuce Loosely wrote:If we're asking for anyone to cover shipping for their prizes I haven't been made aware of it so I'm assuming that's our burden. And yes, he's hard to nail down. We've been trying to lure him into a cage with Naruto CCG booster packs but he moves too fast and de-baits the traps before they're sprung. Anyway, it's only two weeks removed from AMA. I dunno what everyone else is doing but rest assured you all will receive your awards as soon as can be arranged... :sweat:
Oh, ok then! I read on the first page that it was our burden, and I was wanting to make arrangements. I'm fine with waiting, I was just concerned that no arrangements had been made. :lol:

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:35 am

Code wrote:
Deuce Loosely wrote:If we're asking for anyone to cover shipping for their prizes I haven't been made aware of it so I'm assuming that's our burden. And yes, he's hard to nail down. We've been trying to lure him into a cage with Naruto CCG booster packs but he moves too fast and de-baits the traps before they're sprung. Anyway, it's only two weeks removed from AMA. I dunno what everyone else is doing but rest assured you all will receive your awards as soon as can be arranged... :sweat:
Oh, ok then! I read on the first page that it was our burden, and I was wanting to make arrangements. I'm fine with waiting, I was just concerned that no arrangements had been made. :lol:
Crap - my bad. I never heard this discussed at any of the meetings so I didn't think we were doing that.

"If the contestant is not attending the convention, he/she is responsible for arranging for receipt of their prize at their own expense. However, plaques and certificates will be mailed out after the convention courtesy of Anime Mid Atlantic."

:shock:

I can see how this is confusing. Maybe the first part refers to the gift cards? I'm a little lost myself. :oops: I'mma contact the DH this weekend and see what the deal is. I apologize for any inconvenience...
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020 - 2021)

Midnyte
Org Profile

Post by Midnyte » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:08 pm

Deuce Loosely wrote: JUDGES' CHOICE
Winner: Midnyte Thunder - "WE_R_1"
Audio: LoveShadow - "We_R_1"
Anime: various

No Wai. I should pay more attention. Are you just kidding? And here I was about to change my sig to always a finalist, never a winner.
That's my first ever win. Im just so.. much more then speachless.

I can't seem to find AMA2010 in the participation list, am I blind?

Minimoto
Org Profile

Post by Minimoto » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:32 pm

Midnyte wrote: I can't seem to find AMA2010 in the participation list, am I blind?
I said the same thing but so far nobody has addressed this concern.
Robert F. Young wrote:Day Before Yesterday I saw a rabbit, yesterday a deer, today you.

Midnyte
Org Profile

Post by Midnyte » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:36 pm

Deuce Loosely wrote:Crap - my bad. I never heard this discussed at any of the meetings so I didn't think we were doing that.
"If the contestant is not attending the convention, he/she is responsible for arranging for receipt of their prize at their own expense. However, plaques and certificates will be mailed out after the convention courtesy of Anime Mid Atlantic."
:shock:
I can see how this is confusing. Maybe the first part refers to the gift cards? I'm a little lost myself. :oops: I'mma contact the DH this weekend and see what the deal is. I apologize for any inconvenience...
Is there something I am eligable for that I need to arrange to get? Not that just an acknowlagement after all this time isn't enough. (hours later from reading the news, still giddy)

moonbunnychan
Org Profile

Post by moonbunnychan » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:39 pm

Ya, I haven't heard back from emailing him either.

SammySamaProductions
Org Profile

Post by SammySamaProductions » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:04 am

It has been my experience that Gene is a very hard man to get a hold of lol. It took me a month and a half to hear about my contest entries so give him some time. at the award ceremony he did say he was mailing stuff out so hopefully it will be there soon, as well as an AMA '10 participants page.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “AMV Contests”