Vegas not responding

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
mtg1302
Org Profile

Vegas not responding

Post by mtg1302 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:49 pm

This week has been awful, ive had so many computer errors its rediculous, not sony vegas 9.0 is being super slow, and when things do work a not responding will come up, i just started editing something and first it took 1 hr to upload all my footage, then after saving it i closed it and later came back to it and opened it and now when i open my project is actually will take 1 and 30 mins then when it opens i click on something not responding came up some one please help.

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Re: Vegas not responding

Post by Nya-chan Production » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:29 pm

Your RAM size?

Vegas 9.0 is pretty demanding regarding RAM size - I edit on 1GB RAM and switched back to V8.0 because it was too slow in 9.0, for example. My guess is it's because of low RAM :<

mtg1302
Org Profile

Post by mtg1302 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:59 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:Your RAM size?

Vegas 9.0 is pretty demanding regarding RAM size - I edit on 1GB RAM and switched back to V8.0 because it was too slow in 9.0, for example. My guess is it's because of low RAM :<

i bilieve i have 4gb of ram so that shouldnt be the problem.

Nya-chan Production
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:23 pm

Okay, let's dig deeper.

Do you have 64bit OS? 32bit OS can use only 2GB on single process even when you have more.
"first it took 1 hr to upload all my footage" = what does this mean? How do you "upload" footage?

mtg1302
Org Profile

Post by mtg1302 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:10 am

Nya-chan Production wrote:Okay, let's dig deeper.

Do you have 64bit OS? 32bit OS can use only 2GB on single process even when you have more.
"first it took 1 hr to upload all my footage" = what does this mean? How do you "upload" footage?

i have a 64 bit. so i had my clips just in a folder and for some reason when u open the folder it will freeze up loading the clips then will let you put them in. also when i open up my project, it takes about and hr to open up the project if i click on anything while its uploading it will say not responding then i have to force quit. but say if i wait and let it open, ill click on anything to start editing again it will just not respond it so weird. i might just need to edit with vegas 6.

Nya-chan Production
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:06 am

Can you give me a screen of working on some project and said folder? This sounds really weird.

mtg1302
Org Profile

Post by mtg1302 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:37 am

Mastamind
Org Profile

Post by Mastamind » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:44 am

Wait, this happened to me a lot when I was importing some non-editable-codec files or fake AVIs. Sometimes even with files that are just huge (never happens to me with properly encoded footage though). Probably the best format to have the footage you import is lagarith AVIs. Using these should give you no problems.
If you're already working with good footage though, I don't see what could be causing this... you might have to go for some more drastic measures of trying to correct it, but I'd wait for some more responses before doing so.

mtg1302
Org Profile

Post by mtg1302 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:53 pm

Mastamind wrote:Wait, this happened to me a lot when I was importing some non-editable-codec files or fake AVIs. Sometimes even with files that are just huge (never happens to me with properly encoded footage though). Probably the best format to have the footage you import is lagarith AVIs. Using these should give you no problems.
If you're already working with good footage though, I don't see what could be causing this... you might have to go for some more drastic measures of trying to correct it, but I'd wait for some more responses before doing so.

yeah im using lagarith lossless codec, so i dont know the problem, its so weird. if anyone knows some drastic measures please tell me, cause i have no idea what to do.

Nya-chan Production
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:37 pm

Do you have enough space (few GB) on HDD?

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”