Premiere CS3 Crashing While Using AVISynth Scripts

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
Mysterious Pharaoh
Org Profile

Re: Premiere CS3 Crashing While Using AVISynth Scripts

Post by Mysterious Pharaoh » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:28 am

I don't know where is the AVI but here is what i have:

When i export with these settings it exports with MP4 but it didnt even complete exporting as usual it had an error. I have HUFFYUV codec i always used when i was using vegas.
mirkosp wrote:Try to change the SetMemoryMax(8) to SetMemoryMax(1024). Sounds like you aren't giving it enough ram. Removing it entirely might 'cause memory leaks otoh, but it could also work.
I'll also guess that yeah, exporting as Microsoft AVI (and perhaps "None" instead of selecting a codec) would help. I know it helped me in the past on CS3.
When i try exporting without media encoder as Microsoft AVI (i tried both hyffyuv and non codec) it shows different error everytime i try, but most of times it stops responding on 30% or 40%. The last error i got was "Error compiling movie" and then it says "Adobe Premiere is running very low on your system memory. Please save your project and proceed with caution" then it says "sorry a serious error has occurred that requires Adobe Premiere Pro to shut down. We will attempt to save your current project".

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:15 pm

Heh, you gotta bite the bullet and exports in small segments of a few seconds each and put everything together. I had to do so myself in the past on big projects.

Mysterious Pharaoh
Org Profile

Post by Mysterious Pharaoh » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:37 pm

mirkosp wrote:Heh, you gotta bite the bullet and exports in small segments of a few seconds each and put everything together. I had to do so myself in the past on big projects.
What's a pain :shock: Do all premiere users do that? but my project is 1 minute is it that big?! Seems like I'm going to use losses AVI. And the media encoder doesn't have AVI code, right?
Just a last question, isn't there a way to use AVS files? or at least what's the maximum number of AVS files i can use? And if i want to buy a new laptop, what's the features that may let premiere open AVS files without crashing?

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:01 pm

Mysterious Pharaoh wrote:
mirkosp wrote:Heh, you gotta bite the bullet and exports in small segments of a few seconds each and put everything together. I had to do so myself in the past on big projects.
What's a pain :shock: Do all premiere users do that?
Nah, not really. I've never had the issue anymore with my new pc and CS4.
But my project is 1 minute is it that big?!
It's less about length and more about amount of things in the timeline and imported stuff, really.
Seems like I'm going to use losses AVI. And the media encoder doesn't have AVI code, right?
Media Encoder for cs4 does, but in cs3 you're stuck with straight export.
Just a last question, isn't there a way to use AVS files? or at least what's the maximum number of AVS files i can use?
Not sure what you mean with these. Like I said, I've edited with 26 scripts and more loaded at the same time and exported just fine. It really goes from vid to vid and from pc to pc...
And if i want to buy a new laptop, what's the features that may let premiere open AVS files without crashing?
If you have intention to get a new pc, you should really think about getting a desktop. Possibly along with a TBs worth of HDD space, so you could just use lossless files to edit. Editing with avs files directly can be somewhat of a pain, although loading losslesses through avs (I've had to do this in the past due to some sort of bug with 23.976 fps) is fine.

Panky
Org Profile

Post by Panky » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:19 pm

I have edited with almost 30 AVS files with only FFvideosource and not any more filters, and while it worked, it would crash randomly while editing, and when exporting the result wasn't always good (there were green frames), not to mention that it would fail a lot of times trying to do so. I blame in part my computer and the overuse of AVS scripts. And yes, 19 are less than the 30 I have used, but they are buggy. Remember the support for AVS in premiere isn't official, so there's even more chances that it will break something.

Mysterious Pharaoh
Org Profile

Post by Mysterious Pharaoh » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:09 pm

Nah, not really. I've never had the issue anymore with my new pc and CS4.
I have tried CS4 but when exporting the media encoder didn't show and i couldn't export the video, and i heard that CS4 is worse than CS3 and needs new processor.
Not sure what you mean with these. Like I said, I've edited with 26 scripts and more loaded at the same time and exported just fine. It really goes from vid to vid and from pc to pc...
So it all depends on luck? O.o
If you have intention to get a new pc, you should really think about getting a desktop. Possibly along with a TBs worth of HDD space, so you could just use lossless files to edit.
I can't buy a desktop, i travel a lot and i need a laptop to take it with me so i can edit wherever i am. So if i'm going to buy a new laptop how much RAM and velocity may be good? Space isn't my problem, i have 1 TB external hard disk i think it's enough for losses AVI. Do losses AVI make problems too?

I tried exporting with the losses AVI files but i got something weird in the clip:
The first time i exported it appeared in other clip now it appeared here, why is that?

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:28 am

The junk at the top is probably due to the codec if you exported with huffyuv or lagarith. Premiere is known to seldomly fail export with those. If you're referring to the frame blending, then that's either due to the clip's blending enabled in premiere (kicks in when you have a different timeline framerate than source framerate or when you change the clip's playback speed ─ you can disable it with a right click and chosing the appropriate option, but I forget the exact name) or the source being already blended to begin with.
As for specs, I'd say that at this point you should be going for an i5 w/4 GB RAM for a laptop. Make it a 64bit Windows 7 if you can, so you could use Premiere CS5... although loading avs directly in CS5 is a bit... uh... worse. I'm not going to dwelve into this, but basically, if you have the space to make lossless files, then by all means do so.

Mysterious Pharaoh
Org Profile

Post by Mysterious Pharaoh » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:31 am

mirkosp wrote:The junk at the top is probably due to the codec if you exported with huffyuv or lagarith. Premiere is known to seldomly fail export with those. If you're referring to the frame blending, then that's either due to the clip's blending enabled in premiere
Thanks for telling me, yes i exported with huffyuv, then what's the best codec for exporting in Premiere? And frame blending won't be a problem when the clip moves.

I noticed something when exporting from Premiere:

You see, the exported clip seems to have sharp ends and the quality is worse, why is that? That also happened with me in AVISynth:

Code: Select all

FFVideoSource("G:\video1.mkv")
SetMemoryMax(1024)
fielddeinterlace()
spline36resize(1024,576)

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:57 pm

Remove the fielddeinterlace from your script. You're trying to deinterlace an already progressive source, so the end result is of course aliased.
As for export, pick "none" as codec.

Mysterious Pharaoh
Org Profile

Post by Mysterious Pharaoh » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:44 am

Thanks, when i exported with "none" codec there was no junk in the video. But it's still sharp, i removed the fielddeinterlace from the script and made a new losses AVI, the losses AVI itself looked good, but in Premiere it looked sharp and here's what i got after exporting:

When i unchecked "deinterlace" choice in Premiere exporting settings it looked even worse. Not even the "Recompress" choice did effect it, it's sharp whatever i do. Is it normal to be like this?

Return to “Adobe Software”