Otakon AMV Dinner Thursday

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
Parodic Productions
Org Profile

Otakon AMV Dinner Thursday

Post by Parodic Productions » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:39 pm

Good time to get this started, I believe.

UPDATE: 7/23/10

On July 29th, I'd like to get enough editors together to join one another for dinner that evening down at the Inner Harbor. Now, to avoid any problems, I made a few changes from last year.

Instead of the standard seven like previous years, I've decided to push back dinner to somewhere after 8:00PM. This may give editors ample time to arrive, pick up their tickets, and head over to dinner. If anyone has an opinion on the time, please leave a comment.

I have checked out several spots downtown to see our options better, compared and contrasted which suited best, and eventually limited the choice down to the complex system of HEADS VS TAILS. And with that, I came to the conclusion:

FIVE GUYS FAMOUS BURGERS AND FRIES

It's relatively cheap, it's very good food, it's a short wait, no reservations are necessary, and they're open til 10:00, so we can meet at 8:00 with no need for a rush. And it's right by the Inner Harbor on the Pratt Street side, NOT in the Gallery, so it's a short distance. So I found it to be the most convenient place to meet on Thursday night. If this is all right with everyone, then feel free to send a response.

Now, for those who will be coming this year, I need a commitment. Which is why I'm asking for anyone seriously interested to private message me with their confirmation, including number of people with you and whether or not you will be able to make it on time. No need to confirm right away, just make sure that I receive a PM eventually so that I can expect who will show up and when. For now, just send comments on where you want to eat.

For anyone who will not show up on time, I will make certain you find the right table if you come in late.

UPDATE: I WILL BE WAITING AT THE FIVE GUYS FAMOUS BURGERS AT 8:00PM ON THURSDAY NIGHT! THE LOCATION IS AT THE INNER HARBOR ON PRATT STREET SIDE, SECOND FLOOR! I WILL BE WEARING THE GIT-R-DONE HAT, PROBABLY SITTING AT A TABLE, MAYBE READING BRANDON SANDERSON'S NEW WAY OF KINGS BOOK! COME EARLY IF YOU LIKE! SEE YOU THERE!

I'll make sure to update this post accordingly. For now, share your comments as much as you like.

Oh! Before I forget. On Saturday, after Iron Editor, we will be having another dinner get-together, this time at Uno Chicago Grill. To meet up, just stay after Iron Editor along with the others. That's usually how that works. I'm usually not in charge of this anyhow. It usually amasses to a group of people following one another and we all end up at Uno's. Anyone have anything better to come up with, feel free to share.

I DO!

There is also an M&S Grill down there that is also open til midnight. I haven't eaten there yet, but I've seen the food and it looks pretty good. A little pricey, but then what isn't? So, if anyone is interested in eating there instead of Uno's on Saturday, just speak up.

After reading the schedule for Iron Editor, I'm not sure what the situation for Saturday is now. What with AMVSalad and everything being a tad fubar, it's hard to distinguish what's going on at all over there. Luckily, this isn't my part, so I'll just go with whatever flow is available when and where. We'll see.
Last edited by Parodic Productions on Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:36 am, edited 6 times in total.

Angelyco
Org Profile

Re: Otakon AMV Dinner Thursday

Post by Angelyco » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:29 pm

A few of us will probably be up for Uno on Saturday :up:
ImageImage
ImageImage

Brakus
Org Profile

Post by Brakus » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:11 am

Not to derail this, but why Uno? Some of the people that went last year (and the year before) didn't get the best service from the waitstaff.... I personally didn't have any problems with it, and Lord knows it was awesome to have leftovers for breakfast the next morning, but would there be any other good places to check out on that Saturday after Iron Editor?
~BRAKUS~
Otakon AMV Theater staff

"Oh, leggings. That's right, everyone in this country wears them. Do I have to?"
-- Rider (Iskander), Fate/Zero

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:28 am

I may not join everyone after the Iron Chef, as I swore to myself that I was not going to allow myself to miss the fan parodies yet again this year (especially after AnimeNEXT had NO fan parodies at all this weekend, unless you count the YGO! Abridged showings). Whether that means I see the Friday night block or the Saturday night block depends on the schedule and other circumstances.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Angelyco
Org Profile

Post by Angelyco » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:24 am

Scintilla, if it helps, I heard that the Friday night fan parodies block will be mostly new videos, and Saturday night will be older/classic videos.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:39 pm

damn. I don't think that I'll be able to go to the one on Thursday. Arriving in Baltimore on Thursday would save me money on plane tickets, but I'd have to extend my hotel reservation. I'll be at the one on Saturday though.

Brakus
Org Profile

Post by Brakus » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:46 am

Angelyco wrote:Scintilla, if it helps, I heard that the Friday night fan parodies block will be mostly new videos, and Saturday night will be older/classic videos.
Yes! Time for me to see how much of "This Is Otakudom" I still know by heart. :)
~BRAKUS~
Otakon AMV Theater staff

"Oh, leggings. That's right, everyone in this country wears them. Do I have to?"
-- Rider (Iskander), Fate/Zero

Jefferys
Org Profile

Post by Jefferys » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:40 am

Parodic Productions wrote:There are also Phillips Seafood, Edo Sushi, La Tasca Spanish Tapas, and Hooters (good wings). Any more restaurants people have in mind, feel free to share. I'm mostly leaning on the first two.
Other options:
1. California Pizza Kitchen - Although, like Cheesecake Factor and other chain restaurants, they tend to crumple under the weight of too many people under one reservation.

2. Tir Na Nog - Not all that bad, really...I liked it when I went there some years back...
Jefferson Eng - As heard on the Otaku Generation podcast
http://twitter.com/jeffersoneng | https://www.facebook.com/JeffersonEng
Tom Servo: Oh, they're flying into a Roger Dean album cover.
Crow T. Robot: They're very into Yes on this planet.

Cyanna
Super Rad!
Org Profile

Post by Cyanna » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:57 pm

Scintilla wrote:I may not join everyone after the Iron Chef, as I swore to myself that I was not going to allow myself to miss the fan parodies yet again this year (especially after AnimeNEXT had NO fan parodies at all this weekend, unless you count the YGO! Abridged showings). Whether that means I see the Friday night block or the Saturday night block depends on the schedule and other circumstances.
I, on the other hand, wouldn't mind meeting up with everyone after Iron Editor. :P

Parodic Productions
Org Profile

Post by Parodic Productions » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:13 am

Jefferys wrote:
Parodic Productions wrote:There are also Phillips Seafood, Edo Sushi, La Tasca Spanish Tapas, and Hooters (good wings). Any more restaurants people have in mind, feel free to share. I'm mostly leaning on the first two.
Other options:
1. California Pizza Kitchen - Although, like Cheesecake Factor and other chain restaurants, they tend to crumple under the weight of too many people under one reservation.

2. Tir Na Nog - Not all that bad, really...I liked it when I went there some years back...
Not sure of the Irish one, didn't faze me well at the time; maybe for Saturday, pending on everyone's thoughts on Uno's

As for Californy, I'll have to scout that out when I get the chance

Return to “Anime Conventions”