Anime Mid Atlantic '10 FINALIST

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

Re: Anime Mid Atlantic '10 FINALIST

Postby SammySamaProductions » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:23 pm

KitBikyuu wrote:i'll be downloading what i can of the contest and i'll re-watch them all and give whatever feedback or opinions to the people who want them. i love being able to re-watch the contest to learn new tricks. anyway, just being in the finals is an honor, sure it is nice to win, but the best thing is to have people see your amv, and like it. the thing about a contest is that only one can win. but just because yours didn't place doesn't mean that it isn't good, it just means that it was good, and there is more you can learn.



Mine for the most part are on YouTube rather than here on org. Editor name's the same. I don't have the final draft of King Arthur up yet but the earliest one's good enough. Thanks and look forward to hearing your feed back. I agree it was such an honor see mine up on the big screen this year and it being the first time I've submitted anything really made the weekend just awesome for me ^_^
ImageImage
ImageImage
User avatar
SammySamaProductions
 
Joined: 22 Mar 2010

Re: Anime Mid Atlantic '10 FINALIST

Postby Minimoto » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:17 am

I should release mine... I'll get to that morrow after school.
Image

Robert F. Young wrote:Day Before Yesterday I saw a rabbit, yesterday a deer, today you.
User avatar
Minimoto
 
Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Location: Wherever I smell good food!
Status: Trying to Live

Re: Anime Mid Atlantic '10 FINALIST

Postby KitBikyuu » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:22 pm

if you can, post your works on the org. if you dont know how, i'll send you the tutorial.
User avatar
KitBikyuu
 
Joined: 16 Jun 2008

Re: Anime Mid Atlantic '10 FINALIST

Postby Minimoto » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:57 pm

I released it on AMV Announcements.
Image

Robert F. Young wrote:Day Before Yesterday I saw a rabbit, yesterday a deer, today you.
User avatar
Minimoto
 
Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Location: Wherever I smell good food!
Status: Trying to Live

Re: Anime Mid Atlantic '10 FINALIST

Postby moonbunnychan » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:52 am

I mostly use YouTube too...mostly because I like having more control over my videos. I'll generally only release stuff after they've run their course and then host it on my own server.

Though I was also wondering, as this is the first time I've submitted to a con I didn't go to if stuff gets like, mailed to you if you won.
Image
User avatar
moonbunnychan
 
Joined: 16 Feb 2004
Location: Northern Virginia

Re: Anime Mid Atlantic '10 FINALIST

Postby SammySamaProductions » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:11 am

moonbunnychan wrote:I mostly use YouTube too...mostly because I like having more control over my videos. I'll generally only release stuff after they've run their course and then host it on my own server.

Though I was also wondering, as this is the first time I've submitted to a con I didn't go to if stuff gets like, mailed to you if you won.



Yeah. Contact Gene Starwind 21122 and tell him you heard. He should have mailed it already but just incase ^_^
ImageImage
ImageImage
User avatar
SammySamaProductions
 
Joined: 22 Mar 2010

Re: Anime Mid Atlantic '10 FINALIST

Postby Minimoto » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:55 am

Also, I don't see Anime Mid Atlantic in the '10 contest area so when I entered my video, I can't mark participation into this con.
Image

Robert F. Young wrote:Day Before Yesterday I saw a rabbit, yesterday a deer, today you.
User avatar
Minimoto
 
Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Location: Wherever I smell good food!
Status: Trying to Live

Re: Anime Mid Atlantic '10 FINALIST

Postby SammySamaProductions » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:03 am

Minimoto wrote:Also, I don't see Anime Mid Atlantic in the '10 contest area so when I entered my video, I can't mark participation into this con.



I'm not sure about that. I think that once this get's updated with the whole ranking list (other than top two) that the link will be available under the contest area. When all this will be updated I'm not sure, though I hope it's soon. I'm anxious to see how far down in the poll I was lol
ImageImage
ImageImage
User avatar
SammySamaProductions
 
Joined: 22 Mar 2010

Re: Anime Mid Atlantic '10 FINALIST

Postby yokochan2010 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:47 pm

SammySamaProductions wrote:For those of you who went to AMA this past weekend. What did you think of the King Arthur Trailer and the Romance On The Wing video. I didn't place and it was my first time submitting so I'd like to get some feed back on it if possible.

I really enjoyed the King Arthur trailer. I haven't finished watching Tears to Tiara but I think everyone was placed in the right parts.

I'm trying to remember your romance one...
yokochan2010
 
Joined: 13 Dec 2009

Re: Anime Mid Atlantic '10 FINALIST

Postby SammySamaProductions » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:02 am

yokochan2010 wrote:I'm trying to remember your romance one...

was it not that memorable?? lol. it was the first one show from the ticket. The Owl City song with Place Promised in Their Early Days footage.

And thanks! I loved my KA trailer lol. I'm cooking up evil plans already for next year....muwaahahahaaaaha
ImageImage
ImageImage
User avatar
SammySamaProductions
 
Joined: 22 Mar 2010

Re: Anime Mid Atlantic '10 FINALIST

Postby SammySamaProductions » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:56 am

Here's the link to my romance submission. Hopefully it will job your memory ;)

http://www.youtube.com/user/SammySamaPr ... Gs79O-NI4o
ImageImage
ImageImage
User avatar
SammySamaProductions
 
Joined: 22 Mar 2010

Re: Anime Mid Atlantic '10 FINALIST

Postby CodeZTM » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:01 am

I sent an e-mail like nearly a week or two ago, and have yet to get any sort of reply from either Gene's e-mail or the Con coordinator's e-mail regarding prize shipment. I never was able to confirm if the plaques were sent out for free, or what kind of shipping I'd need to get the other prizes shipped, because I'd be very interesting in covering the cost of shipping if it was necessary.
User avatar
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
 
Joined: 03 Mar 2006
Location: Arkansas
Status: Flapping Lips

Re: Anime Mid Atlantic '10 FINALIST

Postby Deuce Loosely » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:05 am

If we're asking for anyone to cover shipping for their prizes I haven't been made aware of it so I'm assuming that's our burden. And yes, he's hard to nail down. We've been trying to lure him into a cage with Naruto CCG booster packs but he moves too fast and de-baits the traps before they're sprung. Anyway, it's only two weeks removed from AMA. I dunno what everyone else is doing but rest assured you all will receive your awards as soon as can be arranged... :sweat:
AMV Showdown Coordinator
Katsucon (2012-2014) - Zenkaikon (2013-present) - Anime Mid Atlantic (2011-2013) - Nekocon (2013)
AMV Asst DH
Tekko (2014)
AMV Programming
Ichibancon (2014)
User avatar
Deuce Loosely
 
Joined: 12 Apr 2005
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Status: Herding wild marshmallows

Re: Anime Mid Atlantic '10 FINALIST

Postby CodeZTM » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:20 am

Deuce Loosely wrote:If we're asking for anyone to cover shipping for their prizes I haven't been made aware of it so I'm assuming that's our burden. And yes, he's hard to nail down. We've been trying to lure him into a cage with Naruto CCG booster packs but he moves too fast and de-baits the traps before they're sprung. Anyway, it's only two weeks removed from AMA. I dunno what everyone else is doing but rest assured you all will receive your awards as soon as can be arranged... :sweat:


Oh, ok then! I read on the first page that it was our burden, and I was wanting to make arrangements. I'm fine with waiting, I was just concerned that no arrangements had been made. :lol:
User avatar
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
 
Joined: 03 Mar 2006
Location: Arkansas
Status: Flapping Lips

Re: Anime Mid Atlantic '10 FINALIST

Postby Deuce Loosely » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:35 am

Code wrote:
Deuce Loosely wrote:If we're asking for anyone to cover shipping for their prizes I haven't been made aware of it so I'm assuming that's our burden. And yes, he's hard to nail down. We've been trying to lure him into a cage with Naruto CCG booster packs but he moves too fast and de-baits the traps before they're sprung. Anyway, it's only two weeks removed from AMA. I dunno what everyone else is doing but rest assured you all will receive your awards as soon as can be arranged... :sweat:


Oh, ok then! I read on the first page that it was our burden, and I was wanting to make arrangements. I'm fine with waiting, I was just concerned that no arrangements had been made. :lol:

Crap - my bad. I never heard this discussed at any of the meetings so I didn't think we were doing that.

"If the contestant is not attending the convention, he/she is responsible for arranging for receipt of their prize at their own expense. However, plaques and certificates will be mailed out after the convention courtesy of Anime Mid Atlantic."

:shock:

I can see how this is confusing. Maybe the first part refers to the gift cards? I'm a little lost myself. :oops: I'mma contact the DH this weekend and see what the deal is. I apologize for any inconvenience...
AMV Showdown Coordinator
Katsucon (2012-2014) - Zenkaikon (2013-present) - Anime Mid Atlantic (2011-2013) - Nekocon (2013)
AMV Asst DH
Tekko (2014)
AMV Programming
Ichibancon (2014)
User avatar
Deuce Loosely
 
Joined: 12 Apr 2005
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Status: Herding wild marshmallows

PreviousNext

Return to AMV Contests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Shin-AMV and 1 guest