Sugar Voodoo (I LOVE this vid! <3)

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • All announced videos must have a corresponding entry in the AnimeMusicVideos.org database.
  • You may only make one new thread per week. If you have multiple videos to announce, either wait a week or add them to the same post.
Users that do not follow these rules may have their threads locked or removed without notice. It is recommended that all users read the sticky topics in this forum before posting.

Sugar Voodoo (I LOVE this vid! <3)

Postby pink haze » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:37 pm

This video was made by pink sugar (my kid sister ^_^). She's not active on the forums, so I'm announcing it.

Hope you like it!

It's pretty straightforward, no effects, just exploring the cute idea of having Drosselmeyer sing this song. You've gotta admit they go together perfectly.

I did most of the un-fun (i.e. technical) stuff: dvd-ripping, compression, etc. So bug me if you've got anything to say about that.

Watch before you download?: [YouTube] (because the Preview function ate my kite)

Last edited by pink haze on Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pink haze

Re: Sugar Voodoo (I LOVE this vid! <3)

Postby Kitsuner » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:03 am

I enjoyed this a lot. Drosselmeier is my favorite character in the show, but he rarely shows up in AMVs. The energy in this video is a lot of fun, especially with some of the ridiculous facial expressions your sister included. The footage looked pretty blocky, but I don't know whether or not that was the preview function. I'll definitely download this for the next time I'm watching AMVs on the go though, so good job, pink haze's sister.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness

Postby pink sugar » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:02 pm

Thanks, I'm glad you like it. (Drosselmeyer is awesome!) XD

Yeah, the preview function didn't preserve the quality too well. >.>
pink haze, my minion, go put up an alternate streaming link!
pink sugar

Postby Fall_Child42 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:00 pm

Kitsuner told me to watch this.

and I'm glad he did!

Good Work! (though I still havn't seen Princess Tutu)
Fall_Child42
has a rock

Postby CodeZTM » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:02 pm

Kitsuner also informed me to watch this.

I'm glad I did. :D

That was really really adorable, and made me want to check out the series. It was a different kind of Tutu video, all the while still having the sort of familiarity that makes you think you really know all about the series, even though you've never seeni t. Frankly, it was awesome. My only real complaint it the footage, but I'm not that big of a hangup over that.

4.25/5
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round

Postby kireblue » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:25 am

This was a little long, but I very much enjoyed it. I think that the video would have benefited from cutting the song to make it shorter, bit nevertheless, your sister did a good job at making me want to watch it to the end. Oh and, I really like the idea behind this video.

I give it a 3.9 / 5
MomoCon AMV Exhibitions Director
Seishun Con Fan Media Director
kireblue

Postby ngsilver » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:36 am

I was going to feature this video on the last episode of TWIAMVs but the show turned out horrible... so I'll feature it on the next episode.

Either way, awesome video. Glad I watched it and then plastered it in the face of quite a few people who don't bother posting on the forums. :up: :up:
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ngsilver
The Hookah Guy

Postby guy07 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:15 pm

I hate that song. Cool vid tho.
guy07

Postby -Reda- » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:06 pm

Really liked the editing style in this video a lot but I didn't feel or see much to pull me in to it longer than 2 minutes.

3/5 :up:
*sips tea*
-Reda-

Postby pink sugar » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:44 pm

Dr.Dinosaur wrote:Kitsuner told me to watch this.

and I'm glad he did!

Good Work! (though I still havn't seen Princess Tutu)

Thank you for spreading the word, Kitsuner <3
And thanks for watching, Dr D. ^^

Code wrote:Kitsuner also informed me to watch this.

I'm glad I did. :D

That was really really adorable, and made me want to check out the series. It was a different kind of Tutu video, all the while still having the sort of familiarity that makes you think you really know all about the series, even though you've never seeni t. Frankly, it was awesome. My only real complaint it the footage, but I'm not that big of a hangup over that.

4.25/5

Oh yay, I hope this gets the series an itsy bit more attention. The first few episodes are kind of eeehh, but the show gets exponentially better as it progresses, and ends with a bang! Highly recommended. :up:

kireblue wrote:This was a little long, but I very much enjoyed it. I think that the video would have benefited from cutting the song to make it shorter, bit nevertheless, your sister did a good job at making me want to watch it to the end. Oh and, I really like the idea behind this video.

I give it a 3.9 / 5

Know what, know what? =O pink haze anticipated this, and made me a short version of the song! But when I'd edited the whole thing it seemed to end too soon, so I switched to the full version. But now it feels long... DX
Glad you enjoyed it anyways ^^

ngsilver wrote:I was going to feature this video on the last episode of TWIAMVs but the show turned out horrible... so I'll feature it on the next episode.

Either way, awesome video. Glad I watched it and then plastered it in the face of quite a few people who don't bother posting on the forums. :up: :up:

Lucky~~ =D

-Reda- wrote:Really liked the editing style in this video a lot but I didn't feel or see much to pull me in to it longer than 2 minutes.

3/5 :up:

It's coo. The second half is better. ;x
pink sugar

Postby EkaCoralian » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:29 am

That was great! ='D I've personally never seen the show, but this certainly got me interested.
Nice work!
EkaCoralian

Return to AMV Announcements