Using Many AviSynth Scripts In Editing Softwares

Mysterious Pharaoh
Org Profile

Re: Using Many AviSynth Scripts In Editing Softwares

Post by Mysterious Pharaoh » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:10 am

Qyot27 wrote:FFmpegSource doesn't and has never loaded audio by default. You have to actively tell it to load audio. If you don't want audio, leave atrack=-1 out of it (and FFVideoSource doesn't support that parameter anyway, only the FFmpegSource2 wrapping function does).
I see. Now If i edit with the scripts or fake AVI will that make problems in the memory? or it will be fine so i don't have to create losses AVI?

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:20 am

Anytime you load a huge number of avs scripts, you might run into memory problems.

Mysterious Pharaoh
Org Profile

Post by Mysterious Pharaoh » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:33 am

Zarxrax wrote:Anytime you load a huge number of avs scripts, you might run into memory problems.
But:
Qyot27 wrote: Considering that circumstance, better to switch to FFmpegSource instead. That is, if you don't go the lossless AVI route.

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:11 pm

Yeah, using lossless AVI files is the ideal solution. But, many choose not to do so for space reasons, in which case they'll use scripts.

If you use AviSynth scripts, it's better to use something like FFmpegSource instead of DirectShowSource, because FFMS is frame accurate (and won't flood your system tray with icons, nor require external filters to be installed unless you want to use .ts/.m2ts files). That has nothing to do with memory. Frame accuracy ensures that you don't end up with the danger of errant frames cropping up somewhere on export.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

Mysterious Pharaoh
Org Profile

Post by Mysterious Pharaoh » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:43 pm

I think I'll use scripts with FFmpegSource because i have no time for losses AVI, I hope it won't make problems.
Thank you very much Qyot27 and Zarxrax.

Return to “Video Editing Software”