Using Many AviSynth Scripts In Editing Softwares

Mysterious Pharaoh
Org Profile

Using Many AviSynth Scripts In Editing Softwares

Post by Mysterious Pharaoh » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:04 pm

I wanted to start an AMV with many animes, so i created AviSynth scripts for every footage and created fake AVI for every one of them using make AVIS but when i started editing in Sony Vegas there were lots of FFdshow icons appearing in the Taskbar nearly 4 icons for each fake AVI, and Sony Vegas stopped responding every time i try to edit even my computer started to be crazy. I thought using Premiere with no fake AVI would help so i tried entering the scripts to Premiere but it was the same problem and lots of icons. Is there another way to import many animes to an editing software? I think the way i used was wrong because i saw a video with 219 anime with it so it can't be that the editor had 219x4 icons appearing on the Taskbar =(

Thanks for any help you would provide.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Re: Using Many AviSynth Scripts In Editing Softwares

Post by Zarxrax » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:43 pm

The best way to edit is by first converting your scripts to a lossless avi file. Editing AVS files directly is something that should really be seen only as a last resort.
As for the icons, you probably have one for ffdshow video decoder, ffdshow audio decoder, and haali media splitter. I have no idea what a 4th icon could be. If you right click those and go into the properties, you should be able to find a setting to disable the icons from appearing.
Finally, avisynth scripts can use a lot of memory. So, if you are loading more than 10 or 20 basic scripts, I can imagine that you might start to have problems.

I would recommend that you rethink your workflow. Look through what you've got, figure out what you REALLY need. Maybe convert at least the most important ones to lossless files. For others, you can actually load multiple videos through a single script, which can significantly help with memory issues.
Just use ++ to concatenate them together, like this:
AviSource("file1.avi")++AviSource("file2.avi")++AviSource("file3.avi")

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:08 am

Zarxrax wrote:As for the icons, you probably have one for ffdshow video decoder, ffdshow audio decoder, and haali media splitter. I have no idea what a 4th icon could be.
It could be either two instances of Haali (one that splits to the video decoder and one to the audio decoder), and/or VSFilter. I hardly use any formats through ffdshow's audio decoder, but even I'll commonly see two Haali icons, an ffdshow video decoder, and a VSFilter. Those two Haali icons drop to one if I disable either the video or the audio.

And the most likely reason the icons are appearing in the first place is because it's DirectShowSource being used. They don't - and usually won't - appear for regular AVISource calls, because Haali wouldn't be invoked and ffdshow's VFW interface has its icons disabled by default. Considering that circumstance, better to switch to FFmpegSource instead. That is, if you don't go the lossless AVI route.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

Mysterious Pharaoh
Org Profile

Post by Mysterious Pharaoh » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:49 am

Zarxrax wrote:The best way to edit is by first converting your scripts to a lossless avi file. Editing AVS files directly is something that should really be seen only as a last resort.
I'm not sure that i know how to convert to a losses AVI, is it the way when i enter the script to VirtualDub and render it? but I thought i have to make scripts then edit with them, i read something like that in the guides.
Zarxrax wrote: As for the icons, you probably have one for ffdshow video decoder, ffdshow audio decoder, and haali media splitter. I have no idea what a 4th icon could be. If you right click those and go into the properties, you should be able to find a setting to disable the icons from appearing.
The icons are : ffdshow video decoder, ffdshow audio decoder, and two Halli media splitter (they are both the same) and i couldn't find how to disable them in the properties
Qyot27 wrote: It could be either two instances of Haali (one that splits to the video decoder and one to the audio decoder), and/or VSFilter. I hardly use any formats through ffdshow's audio decoder, but even I'll commonly see two Haali icons, an ffdshow video decoder, and a VSFilter. Those two Haali icons drop to one if I disable either the video or the audio.
And how can i disable the audio in the script? (because those icons appear when i use the scripts)
Qyot27 wrote: And the most likely reason the icons are appearing in the first place is because it's DirectShowSource being used. They don't - and usually won't - appear for regular AVISource calls, because Haali wouldn't be invoked and ffdshow's VFW interface has its icons disabled by default. Considering that circumstance, better to switch to FFmpegSource instead. That is, if you don't go the lossless AVI route.
That's right, it's DirectShowSource because i have MP4 and MKV files in the scripts and the icons don't appear in my AVI file. How can i get FFmpegSource?

I'm very sorry, I'm not really good at these things like you, so i ask a lot of questions. But i really need your help, so thank you for replying to my questions.

Mysterious Pharaoh
Org Profile

Post by Mysterious Pharaoh » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:26 pm

I already tried that method before and it's impossible to do, i don't care for space because i have 1 TB external hard disk but it really takes a lot of time.
Isn't there another way? I mean all those AMV makers who use many animes in their videos should do this method for every anime?? This means two whole weeks just for making the clips.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:46 pm

Well, most people don't use a ton of anime in a single video.
But, when I did it, I spent several months just making the clips :p

Look at it this way, you have to narrow things down to a few clips at some point or another. You don't really need to edit with a ton of stuff all at once, because you can really only look at 1 thing at a time. Search through one episode looking for what you need, if you find something you need, convert it to a lossless clip, then move on to the next episode. It probably shouldn't change your workflow all that much, if you think about it.

Qyot27
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:09 pm

Mysterious Pharaoh wrote:And how can i disable the audio in the script? (because those icons appear when i use the scripts)
DirectShowSource("video.mkv",fps=23.976,convertfps=true,audio=false)
(or video=false, as the case may be)
Mysterious Pharaoh wrote:That's right, it's DirectShowSource because i have MP4 and MKV files in the scripts and the icons don't appear in my AVI file. How can i get FFmpegSource?
From here:
http://code.google.com/p/ffmpegsource/d ... s2-2.13.7z

Make sure you have 7zip (preferably version 9.14 or higher) installed so you can unpack the contents of the 7z file, and then put the .dll, .avsi, doc folder, and .exe files in C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins. Finally, use it in a script like so:

FFVideoSource("video.mkv")
or
FFmpegSource2("video.mkv",atrack=-1)

(atrack=-1 will load audio; aside from matching the syntax of the old version of FFmpegSource for those of us who started with the old 1.x versions, FFmpegSource2 is mostly useful for loading audio along with the video...although currently there are problems with it cutting off the audio prematurely by a couple of seconds)
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

Mysterious Pharaoh
Org Profile

Post by Mysterious Pharaoh » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:34 am

Qyot27 wrote: FFVideoSource("video.mkv")
or
FFmpegSource2("video.mkv",atrack=-1)

(atrack=-1 will load audio; aside from matching the syntax of the old version of FFmpegSource for those of us who started with the old 1.x versions, FFmpegSource2 is mostly useful for loading audio along with the video...although currently there are problems with it cutting off the audio prematurely by a couple of seconds)
Thank you very much. If i use this way i don't have to create a losses AVI and i can work with the scripts and fake AVI only right? And can i disable the audio in (FFVideoSource) or (FFmpegSource2)?

Qyot27
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:12 pm

FFmpegSource doesn't and has never loaded audio by default. You have to actively tell it to load audio. If you don't want audio, leave atrack=-1 out of it (and FFVideoSource doesn't support that parameter anyway, only the FFmpegSource2 wrapping function does).

Return to “Video Editing Software”