Blending frames after rendering

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
Ari-chan
Org Profile

Blending frames after rendering

Post by Ari-chan » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:37 am

Hi everyone I'm currently having a problem. See, I tried to render some scenes from my AMV in SV8.0 but after I render, I get these blended scenes throughout the video. They only happen on scenes that have been sped up or masked. I haven't had this problem with sped up clips before, so I'm a bit confused.

Here are two of the more prominent blended scenes to show the blended look I get.
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
The video footage is all 720x480 at 23.97 fps and are from the DVDs.

Anybody know what I may need to fix?

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Re: Blending frames after rendering

Post by Nya-chan Production » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:12 am

1) Lucky Star is 16:9 (848x480)
2) I might be mistaken, but the fps is probably 23.976 - if it doesn't work, you're working with 29.97 NTSC or telecined footage. IIRC it was 29.97 for my R1 DVDs (it's not on the cover and I can't be bothered to check).

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:12 am

Btw, what is your ava from? :>

NeoQuixotic
Master Procrastinator
Org Profile

Post by NeoQuixotic » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:25 pm

Vegas can be a bit crazy with resampling things. Right click the affected clips in the timeline and disable resample. I generally recommend doing that to the entire timeline since Vegas seems to sometimes cause frame blending even when no changes were done to the clip. Instead of right clicking every clip, try using the Flicker Buddy plugin.
Insert clever text/image here.

Ari-chan
Org Profile

Post by Ari-chan » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:08 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:1) Lucky Star is 16:9 (848x480)
2) I might be mistaken, but the fps is probably 23.976 - if it doesn't work, you're working with 29.97 NTSC or telecined footage. IIRC it was 29.97 for my R1 DVDs (it's not on the cover and I can't be bothered to check).
Yeah I accidentally forgot to type "6" back then, but the footage is 23.976 for me. I didn't alter the fps as far as I know, so I don't see why it would end up 29.97. Also yeah, the 16:9 thing, I'm trying to get it to be standard 720x480, but other clips I've done that to are still okay, so I don't see how that particularly could be the problem. Thanks for the advice though, I'll look into it.

Ari-chan
Org Profile

Post by Ari-chan » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:16 pm

NeoQuixotic wrote:Vegas can be a bit crazy with resampling things. Right click the affected clips in the timeline and disable resample. I generally recommend doing that to the entire timeline since Vegas seems to sometimes cause frame blending even when no changes were done to the clip. Instead of right clicking every clip, try using the Flicker Buddy plugin.
Thanks, that worked perfectly!

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”