Unnamed Brad Project: Original Animation / MoGraph / 3D

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Brad
Org Profile

Unnamed Brad Project: Original Animation / MoGraph / 3D

Post by Brad » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Alright everybody. For those of you that know me, you know that I have a tradition of saying I'm going to do things or start things or whatever and then not following through on them. I won't promise that this isn't one of those times, hence why I'm not saying this is absolutely going to happen. The purpose of this thread is to see who else out there could potentially work for this project if it did indeed get off the ground, because right now off the top of my head, I can really only think of maybe 4 people total that I'd really think would be a good fit, and one of them rarely ever shows his face around here anymore.

So here's the plan. I have a couple of tracks that I am somewhat fawning over, and they would be absolutely amazing to edit to. It's glitchy, bassy IDM. I won't reveal who the artist/songs are just yet unless I talk to you guys individually. Depending on how many people decide they'd like to participate, it would either end up being roughly 5 minutes or 10 minutes.

Now, here's the rub. No anime. This isn't an AMV MEP. While I realize this may not fit into rule of the MEP forum, I really would like to see who in the community is into this sort of work besides the people I know personally. The whole project is going to be original work (motion graphics, 3D, VFX/Film, etc.). So I'm looking for people who are also into this style of work. Maybe you're in school to learn this stuff or you work in the industry or you've been learning it on your own. Now, before I get ahead of myself, I'm not looking for this to be a bunch of stuff that looks like you just copied a Video Copilot tutorial and slapped it on your timeline. I'm looking for people that can A) work to this style of music, and B) approach this project with a certain amount of professionalism and design-sensibility. My goal for this is to be something we could put in our portfolio and be 100% proud of it. I want it to be indistinguishable (or at least close to) from an actual music video. That's a pretty tall order I realize considering this artist, but I'd love to try.

If you're not entirely sure you know the kind of style I'm looking for, here's a few examples of the style of work I'm thinking of:
Example 1 - Example 2 - Example 3 - Example 4 - Example 5 - Example 6 - Example 7

If you're looking at these and thinking "there's no way I could pull something like that off," that's fine. Several of these examples were done by major studios or people that have been doing this work for many many years. However, it's never been my goal to strive for mediocrity in my work. This project can be an opportunity to really learn from eachother and grow as designers/artists.

So if this sounds like something you might be interested in, let me know or post here. If enough people seem like they're interested and want to move forward, then we'll talk about it.
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

ssgwnbtd
Org Profile

Re: Unnamed Brad Project: Original Animation / MoGraph / 3D

Post by ssgwnbtd » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:25 pm

posting in a Brad thread without reading the post at all

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:32 pm

I am very interested. My film endeavor is going to require some very specific things in terms of visual style, so I would be more than happy to contribute. Polishing my tests off to work to the music would be what would take time, but here are the things I need to explore:

>a flickery, teleporty effect for my wisp/creatures
>a "fire in the eyes" effect for the lead character
>caustics for an object that is central to the plot that the main character carries around
>explosion/implosion singularity type effect for the end of the film

If this could work to weird/cool audio (which I think it would) I'd be all about it.

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:07 pm

I'd love to do this, but don't think I could ;__;

Kristyrat
Time-traveling penguin
Org Profile

Post by Kristyrat » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:35 pm

This sounds like something I might be interested in.

:up:

Niwa
Cake Addiction
Org Profile

Post by Niwa » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:25 pm

I'm up for it :up:

I'm sure BL will aswell :awesome:

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:38 pm

And what's going on with Neverend?
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

simofc90
Org Profile

Post by simofc90 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:01 pm

I'm very interested into the project, I'll have to do this type of things for my portfolio this summer in any case (alone or not). This opportunity of exchange would be really great, I think I could reach the level with some beta test of yours! =)

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:39 pm

Brad wrote:Now, here's the rub. No anime. This isn't an AMV MEP. While I realize this may not fit into rule of the MEP forum, I really would like to see who in the community is into this sort of work besides the people I know personally. The whole project is going to be original work (motion graphics, 3D, VFX/Film, etc.).
Depending on how it turns out, this actually could fit with the org rules of AMV, so I'm leaving the benefit of the doubt.

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:55 pm

This is really all just bait to get blabbler to come back.

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”