Anybody here who composes their own music?

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Êricō
Org Profile

Anybody here who composes their own music?

Post by Êricō » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:22 am

I was curious as to whether if there are any people who compose there own music from scratch or at least has created an original idea. I am not professional in this field so I just play the mood, play with a rhythm. If you do compose or create your own music I would like to hear it. No offense to anybody but I just want to compare my music to other people not for competition but for ideas as I need to create music for this project I want to start up.
I do all the right things for all the wrong reasons.

Ingow
Org Profile

Re: Anybody here who composes their own music?

Post by Ingow » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:42 am

>implying that this section of the board isn't just full of pretentious hipsters that will never play any kind of an instrument

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:30 pm

I do. Not well, but I do.

competitionbros
Org Profile

Post by competitionbros » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:35 pm

Don't play an instrument, I make original music through Fruity Loops, Adobe Soundbooth and Reason.

Kai Stromler
Org Profile

Post by Kai Stromler » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:41 pm

Coelem. Don't bother actually listening, though, it's not really worth it.

I keep meaning to write/record some more stuff, but other stuff keeps getting in the way...that and I'm not entirely sure where my line-in mic is. If I can find said mic and knock down the price of the banjo in the pawn shop the other side of my apartment some, this may change.

--K
Shin Hatsubai is a Premiere-free studio. Insomni-Ack is habitually worthless.
CHOPWORK - abominations of maceration
skywide, armspread : forward, upward
Coelem - Tenebral Presence single now freely available

GH
Org Profile

Post by GH » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:03 am

Ingow wrote:>implying that this section of the board isn't just full of pretentious hipsters that will never play any kind of an instrument
that's such a generalization as if it was based off one specific person. just because one person is a "pretentious hipster" -- which is sort of an odd combination of words; since one that is pretentious is more of someone that tries to attract importance (like the new wave of pop-culture-people), and then a hipster would be one that is more independent; which is nearly an oxymoron. it seems to be a pretty biased/stereotypical opinion just to be based off a music taste.

Ingow
Org Profile

Post by Ingow » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:39 am

Actually I was just pulling an insider joke for the last.fm bros.

I used to do hip-hop and I'd still want to if the walls of my apartment weren't so thin that everyone in the house would hear me swearing.

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Post by Shui » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:43 am

Yeah man, that'show I waste time !

I'm a complete beginner, better not compare yourself with me. (Begann about 1 Year ago)
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

Êricō
Org Profile

Post by Êricō » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:00 pm

Shui wrote:Yeah man, that'show I waste time !

I'm a complete beginner, better not compare yourself with me. (Begann about 1 Year ago)
Listened to it and I will admit it is considerably better than mine. I never actually learnt music, I just play what sounds good.
I do all the right things for all the wrong reasons.

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Post by Shui » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:56 am

I didn't learn too much myself, theory is just something for professionals in my eyes. All you need to know is basic chords theory : Minor /Major and the scales you wanna use. The scale tells you which other keys sound good with your basic note in a specific genere.
I only know the standart 12-note scale and the jazz-scale. Up to know I've only used the jazz scale in my songs (or whatever sounded good to me). Most of the music I like is on jazz anyway (like Pendulum or Funky Breaks in general).

All you gotta do is spend a lot of time and try out different things on the piano.
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

Return to “General Discussion”