Frames not playing correctly

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
geowil11_3
Org Profile

Re: Frames not playing correctly

Post by geowil11_3 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:20 am

geowil11_3 wrote:
geowil11_3 wrote:Interesting, I just tried rendering it as uncompressed avi and those frames that were not playing are totally taken out of the video now, causing the audio to no longer sync with the video :shock:
Still do not see the reason for turning off the edit button D:

I just watched it through entirely and its really messed up lol. The video is sped up in a lot of places and some of the fades don't work now as well x.X

I will try re-ripping the dvds into lossless and see what happens.

-_-;

thought I should add that I did compress it once in Vdub then in ZarxGui.

Mastamind
Org Profile

Post by Mastamind » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:25 am

I forgot to ask, are you using the files ripped straight from the dvd's? Vegas works a lot better with those lagariths, so it's worth re-encoding your source with that. Read up on that section in the guide Nya posted for various tips and techniques.
Also, is the video all messed up immediately after exporting from vegas or only after running it through zarx+vdub?

geowil11_3
Org Profile

Post by geowil11_3 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:35 am

Mastamind wrote:I forgot to ask, are you using the files ripped straight from the dvd's? Vegas works a lot better with those lagariths, so it's worth re-encoding your source with that. Read up on that section in the guide Nya posted for various tips and techniques.
Also, is the video all messed up immediately after exporting from vegas or only after running it through zarx+vdub?

Yeah, i am ripping straight from the dvd's (I also rencoded to lagarith this time around).

The video is messed up after it gets run through zarx or vdub. Although when I play the uncompressed version there is still some buggy stuff in it, but the compressed versions are definitely worse.

Mastamind
Org Profile

Post by Mastamind » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:45 am

Try reinstalling those programs then, or get a newer version. Heck, reinstall Vegas as well if the problem persists even after you work with corrected footage and/or settings. Hopefully working with the lossless avi's will fix it though, as I recall I had many problems as well when working directly with the .vobs.

geowil11_3
Org Profile

Post by geowil11_3 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:27 am

Mastamind wrote:Try reinstalling those programs then, or get a newer version. Heck, reinstall Vegas as well if the problem persists even after you work with corrected footage and/or settings. Hopefully working with the lossless avi's will fix it though, as I recall I had many problems as well when working directly with the .vobs.
Alright, I have the lossless avi's made, de-interlaced it and everything with the avs script. First thing I noticed is that the quality was not any better then my original rip, while the size was 3 GB larger (I used Magic DVD Ripper on the first ones), while scanning through it in Vegas. The de-interlacing stuff did not work (I am guessing because the original Eva Series dvds are hybrids).

So I put the newer footage in for the crap that was not working. Rendered as avi uncompressed and the same thing happened as before, audio was incorrectly rendered.

Switched back to Sony AVC (same settings as previously) and the audio was good. I also noticed that the spot that was farking up before plays correctly now :D

So I am guessing that something happened to the first rip file (they had been sitting on my g drive for a few months and its recently had a few sector problems).

So that problem is fixed, although thanks for the link to that guide, while ultimately didn't do me too much good was interesting going through that whole process.

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”