Frames not playing correctly

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
geowil11_3
Org Profile

Frames not playing correctly

Post by geowil11_3 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:10 pm

'lo everyone, I have been working in SV9 for a while the past few days and there is an odd problem that I am not able to seem to fix. If I preview or render a video in "Best" display mode there is one section of my video where some frames are not played. They get over written by the previous frames some how.

I have tried everything including re-grabbing the video for that part and remaking it entirely, but this always happens. What is more strange is that if I play through it once, stop the playback while in loop mode then press play again the frames show correctly, but it I let it loop without stopping before or after the frames work, they stop showing correctly again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7-9Eit1orc

exact spot in VS9:

frames are there, they just refuse to play normally :(

Any ideas?

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Re: Frames not playing correctly

Post by Nya-chan Production » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:21 pm

Do you use preview (Shift + B)? YOur problem sounds like it isn't loaded into memory and so the PC just can't keep up.

geowil11_3
Org Profile

Post by geowil11_3 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:59 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:Do you use preview (Shift + B)? YOur problem sounds like it isn't loaded into memory and so the PC just can't keep up.
Alright, that helped for the preview, it plays it correctly each time now regardless. However the rendered file still doesn't want to show those frames... :?

If i separate the frames between where this part starts and the clip before it they play in the rendered file >.<

Been trying to fix this for about 4 hours now D:

Thanks for the suggestion tho :up:

Nya-chan Production
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:35 pm

geowil11_3 wrote:
Nya-chan Production wrote:Do you use preview (Shift + B)? YOur problem sounds like it isn't loaded into memory and so the PC just can't keep up.
Alright, that helped for the preview, it plays it correctly each time now regardless. However the rendered file still doesn't want to show those frames... :?

If i separate the frames between where this part starts and the clip before it they play in the rendered file >.<

Do you render to lossless avi? (lagarith or huffyyuv) - it shouldn't do such a thing :<
And if you do - you have to encode the avi afterwards (probably in ZarxGUI), because your player can't playback lossless video that fast.

geowil11_3
Org Profile

Post by geowil11_3 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:56 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:
geowil11_3 wrote:

Do you render to lossless avi? (lagarith or huffyyuv) - it shouldn't do such a thing :<
And if you do - you have to encode the avi afterwards (probably in ZarxGUI), because your player can't playback lossless video that fast.
No, I am rendering it to mp4 via Sony AVC (SD Internet 30P Preset for testing purposes).

Strange thing is later on in the video I have a section that has 177 individual frames and it renders those just fine. Beginning to think the rip of my Eva 1 dvd was bad or something since, even if I remake that section from the mpg file, this always happens.

Nya-chan Production
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:53 pm

I recommend reading this: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/avtech3/

You'll get basics of ripping, rendering and encoding there - just pick whatever you need and skip the basics for the start ;x

Mastamind
Org Profile

Post by Mastamind » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:54 pm

You'd have to check those individual frames to make sure they're actually there and confirm there were no errors with ripping. And if you're using a default template for rendering, there's bound to be some conflicts, differing frame rates between your project and export might be the source of your troubles. Check that your project and media files have the same framerate as the output. I'd also advise you to not compress to mp4 through vegas as it's pretty crappy, do what Nya-chan suggested instead :up:

Nya-chan Production
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:58 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:You'll get basics of ripping, rendering and encoding there - just pick whatever you need (basics and skip the basics rest for the start ;x
Oops :uhoh:

geowil11_3
Org Profile

Post by geowil11_3 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:05 am

Interesting, I just tried rendering it as uncompressed avi and those frames that were not playing are totally taken out of the video now, causing the audio to no longer sync with the video :shock:

geowil11_3
Org Profile

Post by geowil11_3 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:08 am

geowil11_3 wrote:Interesting, I just tried rendering it as uncompressed avi and those frames that were not playing are totally taken out of the video now, causing the audio to no longer sync with the video :shock:
Still do not see the reason for turning off the edit button D:

I just watched it through entirely and its really messed up lol. The video is sped up in a lot of places and some of the fades don't work now as well x.X

I will try re-ripping the dvds into lossless and see what happens.

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”