A-Kon 21 VSE: Contest Winners

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
rubyeye
Org Profile

Re: A-Kon 21 VSE: Contest Winners

Post by rubyeye » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:14 pm

Code wrote:I'm still not certain how Averted Gaze got best in show over my other video [or how ANYTHING I did got Best in Show], but I'm happy with it non-the-less. XD But next year I'll have to go at it at the Master's Level. Oh, and is there anything I have to do to get prizes shipped to me, or does the convention staff handle it?
Your video won because the anime was completely unrecognizable. Most of the judges didn't even know it was Fruits Baskets until the very end. Your brilliant editing of using only the "dark" scenes from the show totally blew everyone away.
Unfortunately, swag prizes are only offered at the Awards Ceremony if you are able to attend, but your trophy will be shipped to you.

LC_Lapen wrote:That honorable mention is neat, closest I've come to winning so far. Someone needs to explain the wording to me though; "Bondage Footage" sounds to me like something involving a masochist.
The "Honorable Mentions" are something we are trying to return to in making these events more personal and fan-oriented.
Your video was a fun piece and all those scenes of Inspector Zenigata swinging his handcuffs at Lupin got someone thinking about "bondage".

Castor Troy wrote:Congrats to all the winners.
Are you sure there aren't specific winners for the separate categories like action, drama, and comedy?
A-Kon doesn't do category winners any more. Not for several years. Most other conventions already do that, why should we? We're different!

Rider4Z wrote:so is there a list of finalists?
The master list will be posted on the VSE website soon.
Last edited by rubyeye on Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HalOfBorg
Org Profile

Post by HalOfBorg » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:19 pm

Congrats to all!
Help HalOfBorg fight his cancer - http://www.gofundme.com/21ygdk

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:57 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:Didn't submit because I figured I'd gotten my newest work around quite a bit already. The winners list looks just as familiar as all the places I did submit this year though. :rofl:
i think i fall under your list :( i have 2 more cons i'm waiting for with this vid but i don't plan on entering it anymore cuz people will yell at me

drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
Org Profile

Post by drewaconclusion » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:24 pm

Rider4Z wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote:Didn't submit because I figured I'd gotten my newest work around quite a bit already. The winners list looks just as familiar as all the places I did submit this year though. :rofl:
i think i fall under your list :( i have 2 more cons i'm waiting for with this vid but i don't plan on entering it anymore cuz people will yell at me
Taking after Castor are you now?
ImageImage

MisterFurious
Org Profile

Post by MisterFurious » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:40 am

rubyeye wrote:Honorable Mention - “Family Time Sing Along
Video: Springtime!
Anime: Full Metal Alchemist the Movie
Editor: MisterFurious
Does this mean people were actually singing along with the video? Maybe I should have made a special version with superimposed lyrics and a bouncing ball...

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:05 am

MisterFurious wrote:
Does this mean people were actually singing along with the video? Maybe I should have made a special version with superimposed lyrics and a bouncing ball...
The real question is ... When is Mr. DeMoss going to upload that there video? |:>

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:25 am

MisterFurious wrote:
:up: :amv:

jubjub2
Org Profile

Post by jubjub2 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:27 pm

MisterFurious wrote:
I was singing along. Missed the whole 'Heil, Meeeeeee" bit though. ^_^ It got a lot of laughs.

And I second Judge's sentiment.

MisterFurious
Org Profile

Post by MisterFurious » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:22 pm

jubjub2 wrote:Missed the whole 'Heil, Meeeeeee" bit though. ^_^
That's because I used the version from the original movie, which is almost 2 full minutes shorter than the one from the musical (thank God). However, Mel Brooks requires that every production of the musical use a recording of his one line from the original version, so that was the same.

If you really want a laugh riot, see "To Be or Not to Be" (either the original version or the re-make Mel Brooks produced). It features the original version of that gag with Hitler responding to "Heil Hitler" by saying, "Heil, Myself." It never stops being funny!
jubjub2 wrote:And I second Judge's sentiment.
Thank you so much!

RolltheStampede
Org Profile

Post by RolltheStampede » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:07 pm

MisterFurious wrote:
been there, done that, LOL.
we were singing by the end.
Congrads to the winners
Newest Video:Cirque du Kaliedo
Video Pimpage Loves got to be there | Sungazing | 7 Seas of Enishi

Return to “AMV Contests”