A-Kon 21 VSE: Contest Winners

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.
User avatar
rubyeye
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2001 1:45 pm
Location: Denton, TX
Contact:
Org Profile

A-Kon 21 VSE: Contest Winners

Postby rubyeye » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:43 pm

Image

The winners for A-Kon’s 2010 Music Video Contests are now posted on the website. The official master list will be updated later this week. Congratulations to all our winners and thanks to everyone who participated in putting on a great show. I had fun and hope you did too. Until next year.....


MASTERS CONTEST

Best of Show
Video: Friend Like Guu
Anime: Hare Guu
Editor: RolltheStampede

Fan Favorite
Video: I Love the Anime World!
Anime: Various
Editor: RiderG

Best Non-AMV
Video: A Walk To Remember
Anime: Clannad
Editor: MeliChan923

Honorable Mention - “Family Time Sing Along
Video: Springtime!
Anime: Full Metal Alchemist the Movie
Editor: MisterFurious

Honorable Mention - “Who doesn't love a little Optimus Prime!
Video: I Love the Anime World!
Anime: Various
Editor: RiderG

Honorable Mention - “Oops I did it again! My submission is around here somewhere...
Video: Out to Save the World
Anime: Various
Editor: JudgeHolden



STANDARD CONTEST

Best of Show
Video: Averted Gaze
Anime: Fruits Basket
Editor: Code

Fan Favorite
Video: Geass Le Musical
Anime: Code Geass
Editor: PatCastro

Best Non-AMV
Video: Laggan Trek
Anime: Guren Laggan
Editor: Ozzie Al Thor

Honorable Mention - “Wow...err...uhm...wow...uhm...I feel dirty now!
Video: Shush Girly
Anime: Naruto
Editor: Demi-chan

Honorable Mention - “That was *F—ing* cool!
Video: Geass Le Musical
Anime: Code Geass
Editor: PatCastro

Honorable Mention - “Best use of bondage footage
Video: Worlds Dumbest Interpol Videos
Anime: Lupin III
Editor: "LC"_Lapen



HENTAI FEST CONTEST

Best of Show
Video: Disney Sing Along Gone Wrong
Anime: Moonlight Lady
Editor: Ashnak
Last edited by rubyeye on Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:13 pm
Status: Flapping Lips
Location: Arkansas
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: A-Kon 21 VSE: Contest Winners

Postby CodeZTM » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:03 pm

I'm still not certain how Averted Gaze got best in show over my other video [or how ANYTHING I did got Best in Show], but I'm happy with it non-the-less. XD But next year I'll have to go at it at the Master's Level. Oh, and is there anything I have to do to get prizes shipped to me, or does the convention staff handle it?

User avatar
LC_Lapen
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:04 am
Status: ....wait, what was the question?
Location: Hot Fuzz
Org Profile

Re: A-Kon 21 VSE: Contest Winners

Postby LC_Lapen » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:48 pm

That honorable mention is neat, closest I've come to winning so far. Someone needs to explain the wording to me though; "Bondage Footage" sounds to me like something involving a masochist.
*Sig Under Construction*

User avatar
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2001 8:45 pm
Status: Retired from AMVs
Location: California
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: A-Kon 21 VSE: Contest Winners

Postby Castor Troy » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:12 pm

Congrats to all the winners.

Are you sure there aren't specific winners for the separate categories like action, drama, and comedy?
Image
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

User avatar
Rider4Z
The Machine
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2003 3:55 am
Status: Post-Apocalyptic
Location: The fender
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: A-Kon 21 VSE: Contest Winners

Postby Rider4Z » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:20 pm

rubyeye wrote:MASTERS CONTEST

Fan Favorite
Video: I Love the Anime World!
Anime: Various
Editor: RiderG

Honorable Mention - “Who doesn't love a little Optimus Prime!
Video: I Love the Anime World!
Anime: Various
Editor: RiderG

well HOT DAMN!
Image Image Image
Anime Conji AMV Contest Coordinator

User avatar
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2001 8:45 pm
Status: Retired from AMVs
Location: California
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: A-Kon 21 VSE: Contest Winners

Postby Castor Troy » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:28 pm

Rider4Z wrote:
rubyeye wrote:MASTERS CONTEST

Fan Favorite
Video: I Love the Anime World!
Anime: Various
Editor: RiderG

Honorable Mention - “Who doesn't love a little Optimus Prime!
Video: I Love the Anime World!
Anime: Various
Editor: RiderG

well HOT DAMN!


You've won this round...
Image
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

User avatar
jubjub2
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:21 pm
Status: AMV-Mum
Location: Houston-ish
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: A-Kon 21 VSE: Contest Winners

Postby jubjub2 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:40 pm

Congrats to all the winners! It was a most excellent show.

User avatar
Rider4Z
The Machine
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2003 3:55 am
Status: Post-Apocalyptic
Location: The fender
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: A-Kon 21 VSE: Contest Winners

Postby Rider4Z » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:38 pm

so is there a list of finalists?
Image Image Image
Anime Conji AMV Contest Coordinator

User avatar
Melichan923
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 8:21 am
Location: New Hampshire
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: A-Kon 21 VSE: Contest Winners

Postby Melichan923 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:42 pm

<3 !! Thanks and congrats to all the winners!
Image
Image Image

User avatar
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:32 pm
Status: Breathing
Location: Merrimack, NH
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: A-Kon 21 VSE: Contest Winners

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:44 pm

Didn't submit because I figured I'd gotten my newest work around quite a bit already. The winners list looks just as familiar as all the places I did submit this year though. :rofl:

User avatar
rubyeye
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2001 1:45 pm
Location: Denton, TX
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: A-Kon 21 VSE: Contest Winners

Postby rubyeye » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:14 pm

Code wrote:I'm still not certain how Averted Gaze got best in show over my other video [or how ANYTHING I did got Best in Show], but I'm happy with it non-the-less. XD But next year I'll have to go at it at the Master's Level. Oh, and is there anything I have to do to get prizes shipped to me, or does the convention staff handle it?

Your video won because the anime was completely unrecognizable. Most of the judges didn't even know it was Fruits Baskets until the very end. Your brilliant editing of using only the "dark" scenes from the show totally blew everyone away.
Unfortunately, swag prizes are only offered at the Awards Ceremony if you are able to attend, but your trophy will be shipped to you.



LC_Lapen wrote:That honorable mention is neat, closest I've come to winning so far. Someone needs to explain the wording to me though; "Bondage Footage" sounds to me like something involving a masochist.

The "Honorable Mentions" are something we are trying to return to in making these events more personal and fan-oriented.
Your video was a fun piece and all those scenes of Inspector Zenigata swinging his handcuffs at Lupin got someone thinking about "bondage".



Castor Troy wrote:Congrats to all the winners.
Are you sure there aren't specific winners for the separate categories like action, drama, and comedy?

A-Kon doesn't do category winners any more. Not for several years. Most other conventions already do that, why should we? We're different!



Rider4Z wrote:so is there a list of finalists?

The master list will be posted on the VSE website soon.
Last edited by rubyeye on Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
HalOfBorg
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 7:19 pm
Org Profile

Re: A-Kon 21 VSE: Contest Winners

Postby HalOfBorg » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:19 pm

Congrats to all!
Help HalOfBorg fight his cancer - http://www.gofundme.com/21ygdk

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Rider4Z
The Machine
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2003 3:55 am
Status: Post-Apocalyptic
Location: The fender
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: A-Kon 21 VSE: Contest Winners

Postby Rider4Z » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:57 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:Didn't submit because I figured I'd gotten my newest work around quite a bit already. The winners list looks just as familiar as all the places I did submit this year though. :rofl:

i think i fall under your list :( i have 2 more cons i'm waiting for with this vid but i don't plan on entering it anymore cuz people will yell at me
Image Image Image
Anime Conji AMV Contest Coordinator

User avatar
drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:29 pm
Status: Does it matter?
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: A-Kon 21 VSE: Contest Winners

Postby drewaconclusion » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:24 pm

Rider4Z wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote:Didn't submit because I figured I'd gotten my newest work around quite a bit already. The winners list looks just as familiar as all the places I did submit this year though. :rofl:

i think i fall under your list :( i have 2 more cons i'm waiting for with this vid but i don't plan on entering it anymore cuz people will yell at me

Taking after Castor are you now?
Image ImageImageImage Image
Image Image Image

User avatar
MisterFurious
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2001 8:56 pm
Location: Sylmar, CA
Org Profile

Re: A-Kon 21 VSE: Contest Winners

Postby MisterFurious » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:40 am

rubyeye wrote:Honorable Mention - “Family Time Sing Along
Video: Springtime!
Anime: Full Metal Alchemist the Movie
Editor: MisterFurious


Does this mean people were actually singing along with the video? Maybe I should have made a special version with superimposed lyrics and a bouncing ball...


Return to “AMV Contests”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests