Get Your Learn On

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Get Your Learn On

Post by godix » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:22 am

Most of us probably remember the various educational songs from our childhood. Depending on your age, it might be The Electric Company, Sesame Street, Animaniacs, Bill Nye the Science Guy, Schoolhouse Rock, Dora the Explorer or just random songs done by people (including corrections when they're wrong). I know there are more examples, but that should be enough to get an idea what type of thing I mean. I propose an educational MEP of songs like this.

Now since most (if not all) of these would work only if the entire song was done, the project has the potential to be rather long. Even though these types of songs are generally short, even a modest MEP of just five or six segments could end up at fifteen minutes or longer. People don't have the attention span for something that long these days, as evidenced by the fact half the people who clicked on this message have probably stopped reading already. So what I propose is a somewhat unusual way of doing MEPs. Several people would join, each editing a complete song. Then, on the same day, we all upload our individual segments under individual video entries. I'll create and upload a video to serve as an intro and kind of a master entry for the MEP. There will be an 'official' bumper, naming scheme, and linking to the master MEP entry on each segment to clearly identify that it's part of the project. I'll start a common announcement thread to cover all videos in the MEP as well. This method is rather unusual, but I think it'd work. Viewers could easily keep or discard segments on their personal choice and there would be an overall theme and easy identification of what's in the project. Kind of how years ago there were dozens of individual entries titled 'DDR Project - track X' uploaded since the whole DDR project wasn't (then) available online. Also as a bonus, people could join later. Someone who wants to do something but just can't get it done now could just release later under the MEP and the master entry would be updated include it.

So what I'm looking for is A) are people interested in doing a project of these types of songs and B) does anyone have any real complaints and/or improvements to suggest on my odd method of release. Before I'll commit to starting this, I would want a die hard commitment of at least 5 people to do an initial release on the same day. I'm thinking of a deadline in late August or early Sept. to give people the summer vacation to edit.

OtakuGray
I understoop!
Org Profile

Re: Get Your Learn On

Post by OtakuGray » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:36 pm

I'm interested :up: I grew up with School House Rock, Sesame Street, Bill Nye the Science Guy, and Blues Clues :awesome:

My parents made me watch Electric Company too and thats just as epic :ying:
godix wrote:Like this one amv. It was all like woosh, zoom with effects. And I was all like whoa awesome. Then that guitar thingies popped up and went dun dun DUN dun then those box thingies went zooming by and twirling around and shit. Oh god, then the hexagons popped up and I was like 'I just got a stiffie'. Then there was the circle with those thingies going around and I blew my load.

Kenzichu
Org Profile

Post by Kenzichu » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:58 pm

BLUES CLUES <3

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:08 pm

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:29 pm

something like that, yeah. But I should specify, I don't want adult material. Double entendres are ok, but basically if a kiddie can't watch it then it's not acceptable for the MEP. These are childrens songs after all.

OtakuGray
I understoop!
Org Profile

Post by OtakuGray » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:42 pm

godix wrote:
something like that, yeah. But I should specify, I don't want adult material. Double entendres are ok, but basically if a kiddie can't watch it then it's not acceptable for the MEP. These are childrens songs after all.
are u specifically looking for a parody theme or wud u rather keep it simple?
godix wrote:Like this one amv. It was all like woosh, zoom with effects. And I was all like whoa awesome. Then that guitar thingies popped up and went dun dun DUN dun then those box thingies went zooming by and twirling around and shit. Oh god, then the hexagons popped up and I was like 'I just got a stiffie'. Then there was the circle with those thingies going around and I blew my load.

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:36 pm

OtakuGray wrote:are u specifically looking for a parody theme or wud u rather keep it simple?
Whichever the editor wants to do. But I do insist the videos be ok to show to little kiddies. So double meanings that a kid wouldn't get are fine, but flat out hentai/adult stuff would not be.

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”