Commissions/Requests

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Amo-Chan
Org Profile

Re: Commissions/Requests

Post by Amo-Chan » Fri May 14, 2010 3:44 pm

insomniac wrote:
Amo-Chan wrote:Amving for money is a bit of a no-no.
please elaborate. if the reason is "because it's illegal", then the statement is completely contradicting the rest of the post.
I don't see how since I said amvers would probably gladly make one for him for free. I suggested they ask someone to make a video for someone without paying.
Though, I think kireblue's suggestion that the original poster make their own would mean more.

GH
Org Profile

Post by GH » Fri May 14, 2010 3:53 pm

Amo-Chan wrote:
insomniac wrote:
Amo-Chan wrote:Amving for money is a bit of a no-no.
please elaborate. if the reason is "because it's illegal", then the statement is completely contradicting the rest of the post.
I don't see how since I said amvers would probably gladly make one for him for free. I suggested they ask someone to make a video for someone without paying.
Though, I think kireblue's suggestion that the original poster make their own would mean more.
i realize. and i'm certain editors would perhaps make one for free, and yes it's a better idea, and a self-created one is a good idea as well.

i wasn't referring to your suggestion. i was referring to what i quoted;
i was wondering about your opinions on paying for a service (not the actual product), i'm pretty positive the use of audio/video material is subject to copyright restrictions and intellectual property laws, they're not only infringing on the anime, they're also using someone else's music without permission. so before you blatantly disapprove of an idea based on your opinion, take other aspects into consideration.

i personally approve of amvs and love editing them, but it's still illegal. so why would you be a hypocrite and oppose editing for pay because it's illegal, when the actual process of doing it for free is illegal on it's own. just seems ignorant.

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Fri May 14, 2010 3:55 pm

Fuck illegality. I'd do it for 20bucks, I'm broke nigga

GH
Org Profile

Post by GH » Fri May 14, 2010 3:58 pm

Arashinome wrote:Fuck illegality. I'd do it for 20bucks, I'm broke nigga
exactly. i'd of done it, but i'm a lazy fuck.

Amo-Chan
Org Profile

Post by Amo-Chan » Fri May 14, 2010 4:22 pm

I didn't blatantly disapprove of editing for money. I'm all for taking money for editing, just not for editing with things I haven't obtained permission to edit and then accepting money for it. I love editing, amvs and live action, but I'd personally not take money to edit one of them. I have taken money to edit things for friends/family for various projects.
So, yeah, my basic stance on it is money for editing is fine by me. Besides, this is something that's probably been discussed over and over in various parts of the forum anyway, by more articulate people. So, sorry for my suggestion turning into a jumping point for what is most likely an endless debate. :)

The Origonal Head Hunter
The Propheteer
Org Profile

Post by The Origonal Head Hunter » Fri May 14, 2010 10:00 pm

We surf a legal gray area that is only mildly approved of because it is, as it stands, a non-profit hobby. AMVs could entirely fall into Fair Use for everything but the songs, and though its been months since I brushed up on my knowledge of copyright laws, taking money would probably negate the Fair Use protection we have.
RonnieDaking wrote:i like my anime like I like my women, from japan and speaking english
Boredom.

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Sun May 16, 2010 2:30 am

After discussing the issue with the other mods/admins we've decided to not allow threads for commissions. If you'd like to turn this into a request thread I can leave this unlocked.

ExSphere
Org Profile

Post by ExSphere » Sun May 16, 2010 3:31 am

I hate this thread so much.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sun May 16, 2010 12:08 pm

You'd have to pay me union rates.

Which is $2600+ a week.