how can find "A total waste of 6min 35seconds"

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Fri Jul 19, 2002 12:23 am

Well, I do have one rather vocal critic who is frothing mad at my video, and absolutely insists that it has no place in the AMV contest at all.

I am seriously considering making another such video just to prove her wrong. If she thought ATW6:35 was bad... ...she'll want my head on a pike after seeing what I have planned next, if I go through with it.

And I'll have a loving dedication at the beginning of it specifically for her, too.
You and me both... *cough*isitsomeonewhosnamestartswithan"a"*cough*
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Fri Jul 19, 2002 12:38 am

Castor Troy wrote:
You and me both... *cough*isitsomeonewhosnamestartswithan"a"*cough*
I'm not going to make any pretenses of hiding it. I'm talking about Vampire Anneke.

It's Not that I have anything against her. I honestly don't. She has a point which she's trying to make, and I respect it. I disagree with her though, and I am making my disagreement known by simply making (maybe) another such video.

Although if I do send it to AX, I will insist that it be placed in a new category. I do agree with Anneke's point that it is a parody, but I disagree with her opinion that such videos don't have a place in AMV competitions. They -do-. 'Right Now' by Tim Park and 'Eva/StarWars Epsisode 1' by Brad DeMoss proved that time and again.

SpPANDA
Org Profile

Post by SpPANDA » Fri Jul 19, 2002 1:04 am

i forgot what the video looked like...

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Fri Jul 19, 2002 1:06 am

I heard besides the new "fun" category, a 5th one might be added. I'm guessing on "other".
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Fri Jul 19, 2002 1:55 am

Castor Troy wrote:I heard besides the new "fun" category, a 5th one might be added. I'm guessing on "other".
That's just a rumor, mind you. Unfortunately, I'm the one that started that rumor. Don't go touting it as fact just yet. The 4th category is still technically in flux too.

The 'FUN' category could likely (notice I didn't say *will*) remain for the solitary reason of there being a need for a 'None of the above' category for all the crap that doesn't fit anywhere else. It simply makes sense. BUT, nothing is set in stone.

AX is VERY willing to add new categories. The problem is that no-one sends in videos meant to spur new categories, and no-one WANTS to send in videos that spur new categories because they're afraid it would be booted because it's not one of the 3 main categories. Hence, Catch-22. If I create another ATW6:35 video and INSIST that it be put in a separate category and if it truly is different enough that it deserves its own category, AX is willing to consider doing so, depending on the situation. How it would be voted on would be one hell of a story though.

What few know is that a 5th non-competing category was almost shown this year. One of the primary rules is that AMVs must be based on Anime. There were several video game music videos sent to AX this year, but video games do not count as Anime. However, several of them were quite good, and the staff wanted to show them off as a kind of buffer after the initial three (and-a-half) main categories were shown, but before the final voting. They would not qualify for a prize of any kind and were simply for exhibition, intended to 'wash the palette' of sorts before the final voting. Unfortunately, since things were running way late in getting videos recompiled, there simply wasn't time to recompile those too, so that idea got thrown out the window.

In the end, the categories that AX creates are all based on what different flavors of AMVs they receive. Those categories will only get created if someone steps forward and starts creating something new and different. Who knows... after the fiasco over ATW6:35, maybe one of the new categories will be an official 'Parody' category! Ya' never know.

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Fri Jul 19, 2002 3:29 am

PRoblem also with adding catagories is the fact that that lengthens the contest substantially. The contest runs a long time as is and by adding more catagories you lengthen it even more. AWA only picks four videos in each catagory as a result. Now I do think it is a good idea for AX to expand it's catagories and to ad more or define them better but they really need better definitions than "other" and "fun." These are far too broad and hard to define for a video that would be contained in them that could easily have been in another catagory.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Amirai
Org Profile

Hosting sppanda

Post by Amirai » Fri Jul 19, 2002 9:52 pm

In another thread spPanda offered hosting space for reasonably sized AMVs. I know he thinks it's a one-watch-wonder, but maybe he'd still be willing to host it for ya.

fireiceguy
Org Profile

Post by fireiceguy » Mon Jul 29, 2002 4:22 am

There should be a new category called "Flight of the paper planes."

priuscomet
Org Profile

Post by priuscomet » Mon Jul 29, 2002 4:28 am

::raises eyebrow::

....why?

Rinny
Org Profile

Post by Rinny » Mon Jul 29, 2002 1:17 pm

This may sound a bit naive, but why not put it out on Kazaa? You'll only have to upload it once and it'll spread out from there. The only downside is that with each download the vid will be a little less "yours"... cause people will start putting things like "Anime" and "Lain" as the artist... but it's worth a try, anyway... ._.

Return to “General AMV”