$100 Prize AMV Contest [Winners announced]

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
kickass331
Org Profile

Re: $100 Prize AMV Contest

Post by kickass331 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:09 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:OC, action, action, action.

I'm outta here :down:
this is why I don't like your videos. You don't like action, so I'm guessing that you're the kind of person that rather watch clannad than ghost in the shell, both of which share 1 thing in common, and that's that they do not feature shabby animation, other than that clannad sucks, and go watch it since you don't like ghost in the shell because it's a good anime, and good = bad and black = white since you will never understand what it means to do something entertaining. Case in point your amvs are boring, they may be really well put together, but they are boring and you are a boring person.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Post by Shui » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:49 pm

"This one I've just wanted to do for a really long time, is to take a song and synch to EVERY BEAT POSSIBLE."

Been there, done that.
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:51 pm

I preferred the TRWYP. <_<
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:01 pm

Would everybody here like to have some cheese to go with their wine?

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:11 pm

Kitsuner wrote:I preferred the TRWYP. <_<
I'm surprised you remembered the name of it, because I sure didn't XD
(for those who don't know, TRWYP was what this contest was called before)

I liked the ridiculous-ness of TRWYP however I wanted to branch out more.
I figured all these ideas were just as ridiculous, and I was slightly more interested in seeing them.

Why do you prefer TRWYP over this?
I theoretically have enough money to run both, but honestly I have no idea what song I'd provide.
It probably wouldn't be pokemon-related.

... But I'm sure I could come up with some other equally-hated song types.
(Maybe Miley Cyrus...)

EDIT:
Alright, just for you Kitsuner.
TRWYP 2010
You guys are lucky I have nothing better to do with my enlistment bonus.
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:20 pm

kickass331 wrote:
Nya-chan Production wrote:OC, action, action, action.

I'm outta here :down:
this is why I don't like your videos. You don't like action, so I'm guessing that you're the kind of person that rather watch clannad than ghost in the shell, both of which share 1 thing in common, and that's that they do not feature shabby animation, other than that clannad sucks, and go watch it since you don't like ghost in the shell because it's a good anime, and good = bad and black = white since you will never understand what it means to do something entertaining. Case in point your amvs are boring, they may be really well put together, but they are boring and you are a boring person.
I haven't watched GitS (it's on my To Watch list and I know I should watch it) but I watched, say, TTGL and I enjoyed it immersely.

I just stated that this contest is not for me, since I can't "edit" action (and I can do OC, but not the one SQ wants, probably) and that it's maybe too one-sided (though I admit it's SQ's contest, so it can be as SQ-sided as she wants it to be). I don't see why you have to attack me for that.

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:24 pm

What would be your suggestions to make the contest more "fair" then, Nya?

I'm open to suggestions.
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

kickass331
Org Profile

Post by kickass331 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:35 pm

SQ wrote:What would be your suggestions to make the contest more "fair" then, Nya?

I'm open to suggestions.
throw in one comedy and I'm sure basically anybody can do comedy. Except me, I have a pretty messed up sense of humor.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:37 pm

Not saying it's "unfair", it just seems to me that there's not enough diversity - you provide themes, but the themes are too narrow, especially in "editor type" way of things.

Most visible example would be, I'd say, in the "Visual Stuff" paragraph - you really don't know any example of visual/effectsy packed slow video? When you give an example of Decoy's -insert shounen here- Beat, I think of "hurrdurrdurrdurrrrrrlotsofflashes!" vid.

Maybe it's not that much about the actual categories as about the wording :+)

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:46 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:Not saying it's "unfair", it just seems to me that there's not enough diversity - you provide themes, but the themes are too narrow, especially in "editor type" way of things.

Most visible example would be, I'd say, in the "Visual Stuff" paragraph - you really don't know any example of visual/effectsy packed slow video? When you give an example of Decoy's -insert shounen here- Beat, I think of "hurrdurrdurrdurrrrrrlotsofflashes!" vid.

Maybe it's not that much about the actual categories as about the wording :+)
Need some themes? I have like 3 pages of themes from what Project Editor 3 was going to have, and the rest of the themes from Project Editor 2. With 100$ prize and no compilation bullshit, this could actually be viable. :twisted:

/kidding

I thought it was pretty fair myself, but bah.

Return to “AMV Contests”