Photoshop CS3 - Low res .VPE data export

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Org Profile

Photoshop CS3 - Low res .VPE data export

Post by Niotex » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:42 pm

Using CS3's "Vanishing Point" system I've tried to set up a 3D grid around a scene I'm using. However upon exporting the data to AE and even to PS itself. I'm faced with an gigantic downscale in the layers it creates. To compensate I've gone so far as to upscale my frames from 72dpi [848x420] to 1000dpi [11780x5835]. But upon export it only leaves me layers that are below what photoshop should be exporting in 72dpi. I've noticed variations in the down-scaling photoshop does. Sometimes it down-scales the images down to 15% but at other times it goes as far as 5%. I'm at a complete loss. There doesn't seem to be any documentation on this "bug" anywhere aside from here. Reinstalling photoshop doesn't seem to do much either. Strangely enough I've by some freak randomness sometimes gotten it works as it should. But when trying to recreate this success, I'm left with layers that could best be described as thumbnails. I've come close to giving up on this feature at this time. But if anyone has another possible solution at this time I'd gladly give it a shot.

For reference when inputting this data. [pardon img compression]
I end up with the following result for the middle grid.

I've included the source frame [TIF] here, in case people want to see if they can get it to work proper.

kickass331
Org Profile

Re: Photoshop CS3 - Low res .VPE data export

Post by kickass331 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:15 pm

it may be that your system can't render things at that high of a resolution because of limitations of memory. Try adding more physical ram to your system or increasing the size of your page file or your adobe shared or individual cache for photoshop in your shared documents.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:34 pm

Yeah, I can pretty safely say that's not a problem for Nio

kickass331
Org Profile

Post by kickass331 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:51 pm

Kariudo wrote:Yeah, I can pretty safely say that's not a problem for Nio
well I remember years ago when I had 2 gigs of ram the limit was 2048x2048, then I got 8 gigs and it was 4096x4096, of course I didn't do any sort of HDR/RAW editing, and I never attempted 8192x8192, I assume it may have been possible. I just thought something that was over 10240x10240 seemed a little overkill, but I was just guessing. I have seen niotex's work, so I know he's on the high end. I will be too once I get a new rig, my last rig got taken by the police. Lolicon, amirite? Anyhow, Nice to talk to you again Niotex.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Adobe Software”