Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou

Post by mirkosp » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:32 pm

ANN wrote:The story of "love, magic, and battles" revolves around Akuto Sai, a boy who aims to become part of his country's highest order of magicians and contribute to society. On the day he is admitted into the Constant Magical Academy, his aptitude test predicts the following: "Future Occupation … Devil King." Thus begins his difficult school life in which he is resented by his studious female class head, desired by a girl with mysterious powers, and guarded by a beautiful female android.
Watched the first ep on Crunchyroll on day out (was with a friend who has cr account), been holding off for end of the series to just maraton it. It's killed by censorship from what I saw so I'll probably might just actually wait the DVD/BD release, even. :uhoh:

Jasta85
Org Profile

Re: Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou

Post by Jasta85 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:09 pm

director's cut is being released, takes care of the censorship. it's an ok series, not amazing but enjoyable. the usual fanservice that is rampant in all the latest series but looks as if it might possibly have a decent story, then again i had high hopes for princess lover (somewhat similar in style) when it first started and it was pretty disappointing in the end.

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:39 pm

It looks like that god awful Zero no Tsukaima, both in animation and plot, so I don't think I'll be watching this. :|
Image Image

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:58 pm

Another Seikon no Qwaser. Just what we need. :/

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:12 am

doesn't look amazing, but should be watchable

Megamom
Org Profile

Post by Megamom » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:32 am

Ishbalan wrote:Another Seikon no Qwaser. Just what we need. :/
Ohhhh noooooo!!!

No more plz!!! :|
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:55 am

Pretty freaking terrible, but I lol'd ....might continue to watch :/

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:23 am

ZephyrStar wrote:Pretty freaking terrible, but I lol'd ....might continue to watch :/
wut? that robot chick is a riot. you can never tell when she's fucking with him, which makes it funnier. Partially because she's always fucking with him ...lol. It even looks like she's playing the race card or something when she's like "Well, there's no laws here protecting my people from sexual harassment here...". Oh, and she has a bunny tail. :3

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:56 am

so far i'm liking this one, mainly because it seems to have some kind of development rather than just being another random fanservice anime. The robot girl also makes it pretty funny so far ;p This doesn't give me any kind of zero no tsukaima vibes at all, (other than the magic) so not sure where that refrence came from, but it has that fantasy/ish flair to it that I usually like. so we'll see how this one goes, following it for now. animation quality is only so-so, so it likely depends heavily on if the plot develops or not on if I stick with this one.

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:41 am

Yeah, I will agree, Green is by far the best.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”