Upcoming Contests

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
tylsan
Org Profile

Upcoming Contests

Post by tylsan » Sat Oct 26, 2002 10:26 am

Can anyone tell me what contests are coming up in the next few months? I'm thinking I might try to enter some more contests to see if I can get them shown at and actual contest. I've tried to enter three and 1) my entry didn't arrive until almost a month after the dealine, 2) was shown as secondary filler, or 3) not shown at all.

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Sat Oct 26, 2002 11:17 am

wolf_hunter
Org Profile

Post by wolf_hunter » Sun Oct 27, 2002 8:47 am

Bmud
Org Profile

The best?

Post by Bmud » Sun Dec 01, 2002 8:59 pm

This is sort of similar.. but which anime con would be the best to show a video at? Or, rather, which con gets all the really good ones?

Koopiskeva
|:
Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.
Org Profile

Re: The best?

Post by Koopiskeva » Sun Dec 01, 2002 9:32 pm

Bmud wrote:This is sort of similar.. but which anime con would be the best to show a video at? Or, rather, which con gets all the really good ones?

Well, you should probably send them to the largest conventions then. From what I've heard, AWA is the best convention for AMVs. The large conventions also receive good recognition as well such as Otakon and Anime Expo. I haven't sent anything to these large conventions yet, so I don't really know first hand how they really turn out.

Bmud
Org Profile

Post by Bmud » Wed Dec 04, 2002 2:23 pm

what does awa stand for?

Koopiskeva
|:
Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.
Org Profile

Post by Koopiskeva » Wed Dec 04, 2002 2:31 pm

awa = anime weekend atlanta

CArnesen
Org Profile

Re: Upcoming Contests

Post by CArnesen » Thu Dec 05, 2002 1:42 am

tylsan wrote:Can anyone tell me what contests are coming up in the next few months? I'm thinking I might try to enter some more contests to see if I can get them shown at and actual contest. I've tried to enter three and 1) my entry didn't arrive until almost a month after the dealine, 2) was shown as secondary filler, or 3) not shown at all.
Sakura-Con 2003
Sakura-Con 2003

and...

Sakura-Con 2003!!!

Not that I'm biased or anything... :wink:
--Chris ^_^

wolf_hunter
Org Profile

Post by wolf_hunter » Fri Dec 06, 2002 3:57 pm

of course not ;)

Cybermat
Org Profile

Post by Cybermat » Sun Dec 08, 2002 10:18 pm

You might want to consider Otakon. :)

OTAKON 2003 (AKA Otakon X) will be August 8-10, 2003 in Baltimore, Maryland. Some time before New Years the submission guidelines & contest rules should be posted at http://www.otakon.com. (As soon as they're ready, basically.)

We accept AMV submissions on both tape and CD, and allow submissions from people outside the U.S. and/or those who won't be able to make it to Otakon in person. We also show all the submissions at the con. Usually about 28 AMVs make it to the finals and compete for awards/prizes in the contest at the convention (audience votes for their favorites in each of 5 categories).

--
Matt Pyson
AMV Contest & Screening Coordinator
Otakon 2003

Return to “AMV Contests”