AX FRAUD!! MY VIDEO WAS SHOWN AND I DIDN'T SUBMIT!!!!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
outlawed
Org Profile

Post by outlawed » Sun Jul 14, 2002 1:45 pm

" to see the vid to make sure go here "

I certainly hope this isn't a cheap tactic to try and get people to go download your AMV.

Since you personally did not see your video play there I think that the post topic "AX FRAUD!! MY VIDEO WAS SHOWN AND I DIDN'T SUBMIT!!!!"
you created is in poor taste.

Now it is possible that somwhere at the convention (not the AMV contest) you video was played. If you worry about people doing things like this with your video without your permission then you should not distribute your video over the internet or give copies to anyone. Once you put that video out there you have no control over what happens with it.

Nappy
Org Profile

Post by Nappy » Sun Jul 14, 2002 2:08 pm

maybe we should all stick logos in all our videos heh >:P

SpPANDA
Org Profile

Post by SpPANDA » Sun Jul 14, 2002 5:36 pm

i have a logo!

cute panda panda.

shamerock2000
Org Profile

Post by shamerock2000 » Sun Jul 14, 2002 9:15 pm

That is why, in any AMV I will create in the future (I only have one right now (I did it to this vid as well)) I will put the Song Title, My Name, Anime Used, and my studio name in the corner for the first 15 seconds and the last 15 seconds, so they actually would have to cut parts of the vid out to punk it without givin me credit. 8)
Never fight a battle, unless your gonna win!

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Mon Jul 15, 2002 4:13 am

tetsuo93108 wrote:look there were more than one person who said they saw my vid. they slept in the video room and woke up to my video playing. so maybe u guys were no in there when it was played.
AX was backed up on the scheduel this year and did not show AMVs in any room other than during the contest and at the end of the masquerade. Brian James and Michael did not mention show them and AX would not have had your video to even show if you did not submit it to them. They had enough outputting problems as there were. I'm with Castor and they were probably making the unlikely mistake of misconstruing FLCL with Angelic Layer.

Rurouni K
Org Profile

that is exactly

Post by Rurouni K » Mon Jul 15, 2002 3:56 pm

Thats exactly what ive been doing since i started . Since they are music videos why not give them a discrption like in them usic video . if it was or wasnt show n whats the deal if it was you go ta fan if not your friend swere knocking back a few to many simple . right ? rigth??? :?
You are no longer who you were and tomorow is now yesterday. In the event of an emergency, do not become alarmed. Move quickly to the nearest exit.

CArnesen
Org Profile

Post by CArnesen » Fri Jul 19, 2002 8:04 pm

shamerock2000 wrote:That is why, in any AMV I will create in the future (I only have one right now (I did it to this vid as well)) I will put the Song Title, My Name, Anime Used, and my studio name in the corner for the first 15 seconds and the last 15 seconds, so they actually would have to cut parts of the vid out to punk it without givin me credit. 8)
Anime Expo would have disqualified your video... and most contests that I know about...

--Chris ^^

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Sat Jul 20, 2002 11:47 am

Yeah, most cons do not want even bumpers before and after an AMV and will either cut them out or disqualify the MAv. If yours is a logo in teh corner that they cannot remove then they will just plain disqualify the AMV. My recomendation is make tow videos, one with and one without that bumper that will only be used for cons.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Return to “AMV Contests”