Colouring Stroke Effect ADOBE AE

Silent
Org Profile

Colouring Stroke Effect ADOBE AE

Post by Silent » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:02 pm

How do you do this effect on the colouring amv, i know its not vegas!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Leu1sBh-cYM[img][img][/img][/img]

Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Org Profile

Re: Colouring Stroke Effect ADOBE AE

Post by Niotex » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:11 am

My apologies if I'm not being detailed enough. If you're having problems after this, I might have some time to record the complete process from start to finish tomorrow.

Make the strokes using either the standard stroke or Trapcode 3D stroke. Make sure the stroke itself is white and that it has a black solid background. Now in an other comp duplicate the scene you want to apply this effect to. Bring the saturation on the top clip down so its black and white. Then pull the [pre]comp with the stroke into the composition of your scene. Place it between the duplicated layers and set the top duplicate to use the [pre]comp with the stroke as a track-matte.

Silent
Org Profile

Post by Silent » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:38 pm

Niotex wrote:My apologies if I'm not being detailed enough. If you're having problems after this, I might have some time to record the complete process from start to finish tomorrow.

Make the strokes using either the standard stroke or Trapcode 3D stroke. Make sure the stroke itself is white and that it has a black solid background. Now in an other comp duplicate the scene you want to apply this effect to. Bring the saturation on the top clip down so its black and white. Then pull the [pre]comp with the stroke into the composition of your scene. Place it between the duplicated layers and set the top duplicate to use the [pre]comp with the stroke as a track-matte.

Thanks, i get what your saying, but a tut could help :) If you decide to actually make one, that would be great, if not then i'll just use what your told me!

Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Org Profile

Post by Niotex » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:21 am

My apologies but due to me being extremely busy the next view days. I'm afraid that you'll have to settle for my explanation from my previous post. I'll have time Sunday if you're still running into problems though.

Silent
Org Profile

Post by Silent » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:30 am

Niotex wrote:My apologies but due to me being extremely busy the next view days. I'm afraid that you'll have to settle for my explanation from my previous post. I'll have time Sunday if you're still running into problems though.

Thats fine :) Ill try to keep messing around with it!

Return to “Effects & Techniques”