Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Ishbalan
Org Profile

Re: Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion

Post by Ishbalan » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:36 am

SovietJedi wrote:Anyway, I like the art in Nightmare of Nunnally, but WHY DID THEY HAVE TO TRY AND MAKE NUNNALLY SEXY?! She's blind, crippled, innocent girl for Christ's sake! That whole thing with Nemo? Just because Nunnally suddenly has blonde hair and can walk doesn't change a thing for me! She's still the same blind, crippled, innocet girl... sort of. STOP MAKING HER SEXY, STOP MAKING HER SEXY, STOP MAKING HER SEXY!
Well, I know some people in this community aren't so uptight that they would deny someone love because of some condition they might have.

SovietJedi
Org Profile

Post by SovietJedi » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:09 pm

Oh, what? No! It's not about that! It's not that Nunnally's blind and crippled that makes me deny her... "love"(?) There are plenty of cute-looking blind and crippled girls! It's just the fact that Nunnally is supposed to be this poor, innocent girl, but in Nightmare of Nunally they make her all sexy, which totally eliminates her depiction as poor and innocent!

See, I look at something like this, and I'm like, "Awwww!"
http://lostlink.files.wordpress.com/200 ... nnally.jpg

But when I see the way she's shown in Nightmare of Nunnally, I go "OH GOD, COME ON! SHE'S JUST A LITTLE GIRL, WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE HER SEXY!?"

Look man, you're really cool and all, but who would wanna see a cute, blind, crippled little girl in a FREAKING PLUG SUIT? Of course, I think the disabled are people too and they deserve love too, but a little blind, crippled girl in a form-fitting plug suit's got nothing to do with love!

Also, 4chan sucks nowadays! I mean it used to be good, but I go on /a/ these days, and everyone there is a complete moron! I just wanna have a serious conversation, but they've gotta act like total idiots and turn everything I say into a "that's what she said" joke!

LOL BLURRY

JazzyDJ
Org Profile

Post by JazzyDJ » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:29 am

I really hope the continue the series with half hour episodes and lots of them! I don't like the idea of Nanalee being the center of all attention though. (Well actually I don't care that much as long as we get new episodes!) I'd prefer to have the story revolve around a character like CC, Khalen, or Suzaku if not Lelouche.
Number 1 on the Bottom 40

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:45 pm

Suzaku of the Counterattack is awful. Would not watch if you paid me.
Nightmare of Nunnally is short and sweet, with a fast-paced storyline, magnificent art, and great new adaptions of each character. They even gave C.C.'s true name. It's perfect for a 13 episode anime adaption by any production company other than CLAMP. I can imagine GAINAX doing a beautiful job.

SovietJedi
Org Profile

Post by SovietJedi » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:50 pm

So I guess a bunch of new Code Geass sh*t will be out soon. I plan to watch/read it all. Some of it could be good, some of it maybe not. Point is I will be reviewing all of it because I'm cool like that.

LOL BLURRY

JazzyDJ
Org Profile

Post by JazzyDJ » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:32 am

So now that it's many months later, has there been any news about a possible Code Geass season 3 project?

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:29 am

I saw this poster many months ago:
http://www.animepalm.com/news/code-geas ... announced/

More info should come later this year.
Image Image

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:46 am

it was a given they were going to make another series, the only question was whether it would have all the same characters/be in the same era or whether it would switch to a completely different setting within the geass universe. looks like it will be the latter, looking forward to it although the fact that it looks like lelouch wont be in it will be a downer to his hard core fans, he definitely made the first two seasons.

Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Org Profile

Post by Enigma » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:54 am

I sense Gundam Formula....

JazzyDJ
Org Profile

Post by JazzyDJ » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:17 pm

I agree, Lelouch, CC, Colin, and Suzaku really made the first 2 seasons what they were. If they are doing a switch of setting/characters I hope they at least allow for some of the old characters to have a few cameo episodes (and not just a little 1 second glimps either, but rather a filler episode that they get to play a big part in.)

I was really hoping they'd pick up from Suzaku as Zero and LeLouch giving CC her wish, and play to all the theories that fans have come up with due to all the open ended dialog that was spoken in the last few episodes.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”