RIP, Peter Steele

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
CorpseGoddess
Org Profile

RIP, Peter Steele

Post by CorpseGoddess » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:55 pm

Peter Steele, lead singer and founder of Type O Negative, died last night. They're saying heart failure. I was lucky enough to know Peter and spend time with him. He was hyper-intelligent, witty and funny as all hell. I have no words for today. I will miss him very much.

Dr. Derpface, J.D.
Org Profile

Re: RIP, Peter Steele

Post by Dr. Derpface, J.D. » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:51 am

I've got October Rust on at the moment. Somehow Green Man seems appropriate right now, what with all the lyrics about the cycle of life, death, and rebirth.

RIP Mr. Steele. You were one hell of a musician, and my first introduction to REAL music when I was younger. The music world has lost a true artist.
Tinnitus

<Fire_Starter> Stirspeare: college=failsauce?
<Stirspeare> Fire_Starter: Electoral college etc.

"Then you weeaboo faggots need to stop thinking that Japan is ZOMG awsmsauce where all ur waifu dreams come true."
-Kionon / Athena - January 12, 2010

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Re: RIP, Peter Steele

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:48 pm

Man, I just heard about this. I must now also listen to October Rust. The guy had a pretty unique voice, and it's crazy to think he was almost 50, but I'm sure he had some music left in him. It's too bad. :(
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Return to “General Discussion”