MTAC AMV needs entries! You dont hafta come; Vid can be old.

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
silver_moon
Org Profile

Post by silver_moon » Thu Jul 18, 2002 8:04 pm

Lee, are you going to post MTAC in the contest dates list? Some of us would probably like to let others know we entered our videos in it, and want to list the contest name in our vid info^_^

Lostboy
Org Profile

Post by Lostboy » Fri Jul 19, 2002 8:00 am

Haruka: I checked yours and they all look fine.

Machine: I think I checked yours too... but it was several days before this flood of videos that people FTP'd to me, so I don't remember for certain. I'll doube-check tonight.

Silver_Moon: Oops, I'll go do that right now. ^_^;

Rebus_Valstay
Org Profile

Post by Rebus_Valstay » Fri Jul 19, 2002 12:49 pm

Lostboy: I managed to upload the video as a zip file with the entry form enclosed. If you have any problems with it just yell at me and I'll correct it. ;)
[GLaU] Rebus Valstay
-----
Dammit! Where'd I put my cancer sticks?

Kusoyaro
LEGENDARY!!!
Org Profile

Post by Kusoyaro » Fri Jul 19, 2002 12:55 pm

I'll upload a video or two tonight. I hope (damn upload cap on cable modem).
I have no idea how to use this new forum.

Lostboy
Org Profile

Muchos videos, amigos. Gracias!

Post by Lostboy » Fri Jul 19, 2002 1:53 pm

Thanks to everyone who has submitted videos since I posted this thread. I have gotten an amazing response.

I am officially NO LONGER doing the begging-for-videos thing, because I now actually have more videos than I'll have time to show at the contest. So I will be trimming out a few "fourth choice" videos. But I guarantee that everyone will have at LEAST one video shown in the competition (but most probably 2 or 3) unless all of their entries were designated by them as "non-competitive."

I will try to arrange time for overflow videos to be shown at another time during the con. I didn't expect such a great turnout, and I owe it to all you guys. Thanks a lot! :)

By the way... for those of you who still intend to submit videos, don't worry. I haven't put a cork in the entry box. You can still send in videos until July 25th, when I will take the FTP servers offline and no longer accept any submissions.

But I no longer need people to send in their videos just to help fill the contest time block. :wink:

TaranT
Org Profile

Re: Muchos videos, amigos. Gracias!

Post by TaranT » Fri Jul 19, 2002 2:36 pm

Lostboy wrote: But I no longer need people to send in their videos just to help fill the contest time block.
Excellent! Looks like I didn't need to send four vids after all. But it's too late: the DVD is baking even as I type this. With a little luck I will have it to UPS before today's 4 PM deadline (2-day air).

Good luck with the contest. Hope it all goes well.

Kusoyaro
LEGENDARY!!!
Org Profile

Re: Muchos videos, amigos. Gracias!

Post by Kusoyaro » Fri Jul 19, 2002 3:02 pm

Lostboy wrote: But I no longer need people to send in their videos just to help fill the contest time block. :wink:
No prob, saves me the trouble of forgetting :wink:
I have no idea how to use this new forum.

Lostboy
Org Profile

Post by Lostboy » Fri Jul 19, 2002 3:30 pm

You guys ought to come to MTAC some year. All of you! En masse! Bwahahaha! That would be an unexpected surge of con attendance. Well, ok, maybe not. ¬.¬; Heheh. It's still a young con. This is its third year. We'll probably have about 1,000 people this year. I hope some of you Atlanta people can make it up there one year.

Rebus_Valstay
Org Profile

Post by Rebus_Valstay » Fri Jul 19, 2002 4:34 pm

I'll have to take a look at my schedule. I, for one, would love to come being that it's only three hours away. : )
[GLaU] Rebus Valstay
-----
Dammit! Where'd I put my cancer sticks?

Sierra Lorna
Org Profile

Post by Sierra Lorna » Fri Jul 19, 2002 7:25 pm

I'm trying to upload my Cheerleading Remix video to the FTP, but I accidently cancelled the upload partway through. Now there's only a portion of the video in the folder and I can't delete it or upload overtop of it with the full version. Can you please delete the file so I can upload the full version? Thanks.

Return to “AMV Contests”