Digimon

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
HyperTails
Org Profile

Post by HyperTails » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:01 pm

I honestly can't connect Falcomon's voice to any of Steven Blum's previous voices. For Falcomon's "Shuririken" attack, he sounds a tiny bit like Roger Smith from Big O, but most other times it sounds like something completely new. I haven't heard all of his character voices yet, but I don't recognize it. As for how well it fits, it's okay, just takes a bit getting used to.

There are also times when Keenan sounds like a more gruff version of Tommy.

HyperTails
Org Profile

Post by HyperTails » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:16 pm

Well everyone, tonight's the night Data Squad premieres! Here's hoping it's a good dub.

pinky75910
Org Profile

Post by pinky75910 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:52 am

Ok, DDS = Awesome.

It is weird however hearing Syllabus and Ovan team up.

"But boss! I have to admit you look pretty yummy sometimes..." Jeff Nimoy is writing this show... Appropriate that he voices one of the extras. Yoshi! Arrest that man!!

DNACharge = wrongness.

Love Agumon and Kamemon's voice and the new theme song! How long has he been waiting to say "Agumon, Digivolve!"

Can't wait to hear Lalamon use her trademark humor.

I didn't notice how much the burger place looks like McDonald's..

Where *was* Masaru hiding Agumon? He doesn't live there.

Has Dats *ever* been as direct with anyone else in a similar situation as Masaru?

They never explained what DATS stands for. When did Yoshino change into her DATS uniform on her way in?

Satsuma's gotten a promotion.

I must applaud Nimoy for restraining himself, no chicken jokes. However, it seems they *have* forgotten how to pronounce Kokitorimon.

"It's Fightin' time!" (Meant to say "Clobberin' time, but it's trademarked.)

Miki sounds like she's never seen a digimon turn into a digiegg before.

How does Agumon know what cheese is?

All in all, it made me happy.
Making an amv, is rather like being the director of a Broadway show, where you have a million dancers and each of them only knows one step.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=50239

HyperTails
Org Profile

Post by HyperTails » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:20 am

I've got to admit that Agumon didn't sound as annoying as he did in the game, it fit him pretty well.

Since they gave Kamemon a voice so early, it makes you wonder how they're going to handle the scene in a later episode when he speaks for the first.

The theme song is interesting, but it's too short compared to the others.

Overall, seeing how the it was mostly unedited, I am pleased with how it's turned out so far.

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:01 am

http://groups. myspace.com/jeffnimoyexperience

Jeff Nimoy has a fansite, and he is happy to answer questions, inluding those about Digimon: Data Squad. Go join, show your love, give your thanks! If you like the dub, let him know!

The fansite is through myspace; the voiceactors for Yoshino, Marcus/Masaru and Kristy/Chika (Colleen, Mellissa Fhan and Quinton Flynn respectively) also have myspace accounts, and i'm sure they would love to hear feedback.

Jeff, Colleen and Mellissa have also been appearing around http://the digiport.com/ basicly to say hi. I don't know if or when they will be back, because a BIG arguement broke out there today, inlucding much bashing of Jeff Nimoy. But they may be back, and who knows, maybe other guests will come along eventually! Keep an eye out; they've only spoken through the comments on the newsboard, but maybe they'll show up on the forums eventually?

(remove the spaces in the links)

HyperTails
Org Profile

Post by HyperTails » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:03 am

Jeff also visit With the Will (WtW) every now and then. He usually makes his big announcements there first.

AriqLordOfSpirits
Org Profile

Re: Digimon

Post by AriqLordOfSpirits » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:56 am

I've only watched the first two seasons....the rest were never aired in my country :(

pinky75910
Org Profile

Post by pinky75910 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:16 am

AriqLordOfSpirits wrote:I've only watched the first two seasons....the rest were never aired in my country :(
Aw that sucks, what country are you from? You can probably see it online.
Making an amv, is rather like being the director of a Broadway show, where you have a million dancers and each of them only knows one step.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=50239

guardiansoulblade
Org Profile

Post by guardiansoulblade » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:20 pm

Digimon was the third anime I ever watched, the first two being Superbook and Flying House. Ooh, I bet nobody knows about the other two, but anyway, Digimon made me love Derek Stephen Prince. Heh, heh, that's one of the reasons I love Bleach, is 'cause he's in it.

Tenshi K. Tama
Org Profile

Post by Tenshi K. Tama » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:16 pm

Koichi, Koiji, and Ken should be triplets. I know if Koichi and Ken met they'd be automatic friends.
I never thought that there would be the day...when this this sig would be upgraded.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”