90-Track R&B MEP [Golden Era Of R&B & More Thru 13 Chapters]

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Jwalk0
Org Profile

90-Track R&B MEP [Golden Era Of R&B & More Thru 13 Chapters]

Post by Jwalk0 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:26 pm

Project Info:
This is an idea I've had for at least 2 years but wanted to wait till the right moment to actually take action, including myself I would like to start a MEP with the cooperation of many editors using different r&b songs. Why 90?

Since I was small r&b has always been my absolute favorite musical genre, I'm down for any other genre of music too aside from country but r&b has always remained priority #1 to listen, sing, and dance to. I was born in the late 80s so during the 90s was when my musical tastes developed and today almost everyone I know around my age range agrees with me when I say the 90s was the golden era for modern r&b music, I could say the same for rap and hiphop as well. The state of these genres today in my mind can't even compare to how fantastic they were back in the day, almost anyone with no talent and whose only out to make an easy dollar can become an artist and that mindset has grown faster than it should over the years, there's no heart and soul in a majority of the songs I hear today. But that's a whole nother topic.

As for seeing r&b songs in quality amvs I have seen a good many since I got into the hobby and I have made a few myself along with other genre types but I don't see as much as r&b ones as I do other genres, and I don't think anyone has actually dedicated a MEP to r&b so I would like to gather many dedicated editors to do this and I will be creating my own parts for each segment. This entire MEP will be in 13 different segments both here on the org and on YT on a separate account entirely for the purpose of this MEP, the first 12 segments will have 7 editors and the last one will have 6. Right now I only need 6 editors for the first part, I will be including my own beta into it as well making it 7 and when the first part is finished I'll upload here and on YT to see how it does. Depending on how well the feedback is I'll ask for co-coordinators and more editors to be in future parts. Right now I'll take reserves and if you want to upload your beta before a MEP segment is uploaded that's fine.

Allows & Restrictions:
As for the details of everyone's beta it can be anywhere from 30 seconds to 1:45 so be sure to pick your favorite parts of the song to edit to and/or combine. Including myself I've noticed that some editors don't commit to actually edit to a song they like because there's only a certain portion they could make work and the rest they can't for concept reasons but with this MEP it's no problem since you can just edit within the part you would desire to without worrying that your footage choice won't work for the rest.

You can pick any anime and/or scenes from video games (FF, Xeno, Zelda, & Tales for examples) aside from hentai, granted there are some r&b songs I know that can only work with hentai LOL but I want to keep this PG-13 rated at the most. Some animes have intimacy related scenes and that's fine for this MEP but please keep out any footage involving the naughty bits, ya'll know what they are. Violence and blood is fine but not too gratuitous and no gore or gross out scenes of any kind.

Many editors can use the same anime and/or make their part a mix and as for the songs any r&b song is fine and many editors can edit to a song from one artist but I can't have two editors editing to the same song from that artist since I would like to show variety in this with the songs, if you present your idea but someone else is already editing to that song I will have to ask that you try a different song. There are literally hundreds of decent r&b songs I've heard over the years and I know I have at least 600 in my collection that I consider the best so if you need a song just hit me up and I'll make a playlist for you. If you think you can turn your beta into an entire amv by all means go for it, just hit me up for which segment of it you would like in this MEP.

Most importantly I need a beta from everyone involved before you turn in your final version of it. If there are issues I address in your beta I will need another beta version that fixes those issues, however if I find that your beta is fine entirely I will not require a finished version of it. If you're confident enough that there aren't any issues even if I see at least one that's fine as long as it's just one issue and not related to the quality of the footage. My standards aren't high but common sense is common sense for certain situations, if you have a question about your footage quality then hit me before you start editing your part so we can work something out.

Specs:
This MEP's segments will be available in MP4 format here on the org and AVI on YT. The parts for the entire MEP will be in 848x480 size for download here and 1280x720 size for YT, using my converter I'll situate the segments entirely to be in 1280x720. Please submit your beta in the aspect ratio of 848x480 in MP4 or AVI format. FPS will be 29.97.

Recruitment Format:
Username:
Anime (Video Game):
Song Artist/Song:

Deadline & Release Dates:
There really isn't any, like I said before I'll collect 7 editors including myself for the first part and if it's successful I'll continue releasing more parts with more editors and myself in the following months until I have I reach enough for 13 parts. Each part will be released when the editors involved are finished.

Final Remarks:
I'm busy with life as is and will be taking my time editing my first part and future ones so I expect everyone who would like to join in to not rush their parts. I'm sure ya'll are in the same situation as me so please take your time, if you do manage to get finished earlier than expected that's fine of course but anything and everything you can do to make your part the best it can be matters in the long run and I know for a fact that a majority edit better when they edit within their own pace. I know at least one good homie and exceptional editor whose from both YT and the org who would be down for this no questions asked, (I'm looking at you ReggieSmalls LOL!!), so I encourage anyone regardless of how you feel about your own editing skills or the genre to give this a shot. This MEP should prove interesting at the most when it's parts are finished. :wink:

Editor: Jwalk0
Video Game: Crisis Core: Final Fantasy 7
Anime: Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Complete
Artist: Michael Jackson
Song: Heaven Can Wait

Editor: ReggieSmalls
Anime: Paprika
Artist: Dru Hill
Song: In My Bed
COMPLETED

Editor: Mecklez
Anime: TBA
Artist: TBA
Song: TBA

Editor: Homeboy101
Anime: Tenjho Tenge
Artist: Case ft. Foxy Brown & Mary J. Blige
Song: Touch Me Tease M
COMPLETED

Editor: Superdrunkenpenguin
Anime: Rosario + Vampire
Artist: Usher
Song: Bad Girl

Editor: SupaSantana
Anime: Pokemon
Artist: Willie Hutch
Song: I Choose U

Editor: OgFiasco
Anime: Eureka Seven
Artist: Alicia Keys
Song: Unthinkable (I'm Ready)

Editor: DreaminEyez
Anime: Fullmetal Alchemist
Artist: New Edition
Song: Boys To Men
COMPLETED

Editor: AngelDragoon
Anime: Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann
Artist: Seal
Song: Love's Divine
COMPLETED
Last edited by Jwalk0 on Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:24 pm, edited 22 times in total.
"Someday humankind will come to understand one another! I sincerely believe that!" Fei Fong Wong
"We live to make the impossible possible! That is our Focus!" Claire 'Lightning' Farron
"Believe in yourself, and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." Toonami

The Lord Jesus Christ is the only way.
Image Image

ReggieSmalls
Org Profile

Re: 90-Editor R&B MEP

Post by ReggieSmalls » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:14 pm

Jwalk0 wrote:Project Info:
I know at least one good homie and exceptional editor whose from both YT and the org who would be down for this no questions asked, (I'm looking at you ReggieSmalls LOL!!), so I encourage anyone regardless of how you feel about your own editing skills or the genre to give this a shot. This MEP should prove interesting at the most when it's finished. :wink:
Damn right I'm down for this playa lol
Am I the meanest? Sho'nuff !
Am I the prettiest? Sho'nuff !
Am I the baddest mofo low down around this town? Sho'nuff!

JadeCharm
Org Profile

Post by JadeCharm » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:37 am

R&B MEP is like a dream coming true :up:
R&B MEP with 90 editors is like the dream bursting as a bubble :down:

How do you think you could find 89 editors who are willing to join this project?! I'm curious
and if you could really manage to find 89 editors and if everyone does (just for example) about 1min editing the project will be 90min long!!! omg...just the imagination makes me rolling my eyes :?

i would really like to join a project like this because i really really love R&B music, but under these conditions i don't think that the result will be something that is fun to watch

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:35 pm

I like this idea. I mean, it sounds like it's fraught with potential problems but I'm just gonna assume that you have a workable vision of how to put this together from the variety of different submissions that you're bound to receive.

I hope this takes off and isn't dragged down by the haters like every other MEP on this board.

Jwalk0
Org Profile

Post by Jwalk0 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:27 pm

JadeCharm wrote:R&B MEP is like a dream coming true :up:
R&B MEP with 90 editors is like the dream bursting as a bubble :down:

How do you think you could find 89 editors who are willing to join this project?! I'm curious
and if you could really manage to find 89 editors and if everyone does (just for example) about 1min editing the project will be 90min long!!! omg...just the imagination makes me rolling my eyes :?

i would really like to join a project like this because i really really love R&B music, but under these conditions i don't think that the result will be something that is fun to watch
You be surprised how many people will actually participate in the time limit given and also where the project is going, I'll give you an example first then answer your questions.

Last year on YT one of my friends hosted his 2nd annual contest involving different genres and allowed editors to edit to either of those genres in a good enough time limit with r&b being one of them. Over 160 people wanted to participate and 48 people including myself went with r&b and a majority of our betas were decent in the categories that mattered when making a beta, even the ones that lost still had that punch that made them memorable to some people and some of those editors went on to make those betas into amvs and they were powerful enough to the viewers that luved the song they chose and the animes. Relating this example to this MEP, as long as at least one beta is memorable to one viewer in this MEP then I've done my deed.

As for the question of how I can find this many editors on the org I'm also involving ones on YT as well, and the time limit I'm giving is enough for which editors can feel comfortable and edit not feeling rushed and I'll have enough time to check each beta out. I'm going to make a video in a month for YT relating to this MEP if I don't feel that I have enough on the org participating by then. I've been editing since November '07 and from then to now I have developed a faithful enough fanbase on YT based on past acheivements, there is a good many of editors I know that knows how to edit and usually participates in projects like this. And to those that doesn't know how to edit well who still want to participate I can help them make their betas exceptional.

As for why I'm letting this much editors participate, if I do just a 10-Editor MEP chances are more people than less won't like either the songs, animes, or both since there isn't that much that recognizable to them. But if I choose this much there's more of a chance they'll see that one song or anime that they like edited together or they'll get hooked into the betas regardless based on how they were edited. When this is finished and uploaded a person can check each beta at the description pages to see which animes and songs were used and if they find that one or many that gets them interested then they can hit them up, due to how much editors I'm involving in this there are going to be more curious minds than there will be from just 10-Editor MEPs since the chances of finding their own personal fave or faves is higher. And since I'm going to break this MEP into 13 different segments it isn't going to be a chore viewing them.

I care about making sure any person can like at least one beta or more, in the time limit given people can have enough time to edit at their leisure and I'm going to dedicate myself to make sure each beta involved in this is powerful enough because I believe anyone can make something decent if they put their heart into it and take their time. Something like this I want to be sure I give 101% to make it at the most memorable to fans of the r&b genre and also open the eyes of the ones that aren't fans of anime or amvs. I would love it if you would participate as well because you're a fellow anime fan and I can already tell you're down for r&b.
"Someday humankind will come to understand one another! I sincerely believe that!" Fei Fong Wong
"We live to make the impossible possible! That is our Focus!" Claire 'Lightning' Farron

Image Image

Jwalk0
Org Profile

Post by Jwalk0 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:33 pm

seasons wrote:I like this idea. I mean, it sounds like it's fraught with potential problems but I'm just gonna assume that you have a workable vision of how to put this together from the variety of different submissions that you're bound to receive.

I hope this takes off and isn't dragged down by the haters like every other MEP on this board.
Mos def, I've been developing this idea for a long time and I've given myself the right mindset to do something like this. It won't be easy but I'm going to give this more than my best and I'm sure I'll learn something in the end, it would be great if you would participate.

Image Image

hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:52 pm

Good luck with that
<Hacchinya> Stirspeare: ambassador of gaysex
<Stirspeare> Hacchinya: God's own ambassador.

Jwalk0
Org Profile

Post by Jwalk0 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:14 pm

hasteroth wrote:Good luck with that
Thank you.

Image Image

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:25 pm

...Yeah with those technical specs, and 90 people...this is going to crash harder than a 747 into the twin towers.

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:50 pm

"I have a converter that can convert any file into any aspect ratio"

I will be submitting 256x144, izzat okay?

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”