2010 Anime Central AMV Contest Results

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Re: 2010 Anime Central AMV Contest Rules

Post by ngsilver » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:42 am

Here's a friendly reminder ya'll. The deadline is approaching in under a month!

Get your videos in. If you already have gotten your videos in, then close your FTP accounts so you'll know if you need to fix anything! It's crunch time ya'll!
ImageImageImageImage

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:04 am

FTP account requested, video will be done encoding shortly and ready to upload. And is that Archetype-Earth (aka Moon Princess Arcueid) in the background of the NGSilver website? If so, I approve. :up:
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:46 pm

Scintilla wrote:And is that Archetype-Earth (aka Moon Princess Arcueid) in the background of the NGSilver website? If so, I approve. :up:
Yeah it is. I've been waiting on a specific drawing from my artist for a while now in order to replace that pic. I want to tie in the design with another drawing of the same girl. But for now it works I suppose.
ImageImageImageImage

outlawed
Org Profile

Post by outlawed » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:27 pm

IMPORTANT NOTICE 1: Submitting 23.976 MPEG-2
DO NOT SET the 3:2 pulldown playback flag. This results in your file being played back at 29.97 interlaced and software de-interlacing it on the fly. There were 3 videos submitted like this and I have already corrected them with dgpulldown to prevent possible issues down the road.

IMPORTANT NOTICE 2: Video status.
If you have closed off your FTP upload or mailed your entry make certain to check the video status on the contest site. There are some outstanding DQ entries. You can re-submit just correct the issues noted in the comments field and request a new FTP account or re-mail.

If any of you org members have questions do not hesitate to ask here in this thread, on the ACen AMV forums, or PM me directly regarding video formatting for the contest.

Thank you.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:41 pm

outlawed wrote:IMPORTANT NOTICE 1: Submitting 23.976 MPEG-2
DO NOT SET the 3:2 pulldown playback flag. This results in your file being played back at 29.97 interlaced and software de-interlacing it on the fly. There were 3 videos submitted like this and I have already corrected them with dgpulldown to prevent possible issues down the road.
Agreed. 3:2 pulldown is THE DEVIL.

*Bad VG4 memories*
:x
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:37 pm

outlawed wrote:IMPORTANT NOTICE 1: Submitting 23.976 MPEG-2
I didn't even know this could be an issue. I'd always been under the impression that software players didn't even bother applying the 3:2 pulldown, because PCs have no problem playing stuff back at 23.976 progressive -- I always thought the flag was just there for standalone DVD players and MPEG playback cards that were outputting to a display that required 29.97 interlaced.

Which player is rendering it at 29.97 interlaced? I'm curious now.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Kazemon15
Org Profile

Post by Kazemon15 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:59 pm

I entered my video entries, but I accidentally put the wrong category on one of them. I sent in a request for changing entry notification.

SailorDeath
Org Profile

Post by SailorDeath » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:25 am

We just posted the AMV room's schedule, you can view it here:

http://www.acen.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=35695
Gimme a minute, I'll make a cool one....

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:43 am

It's not really a question, but I did upload a couple of fixed copies of my videos so a review of them and a status change would be awesome.

outlawed
Org Profile

Post by outlawed » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:07 am

The due date of April 19th is fast approaching.

This is a call to the community. As of this time we have one Dance/Upbeat entry and no entries beyond that one are even pending. This is typically a very popular category for the audience. Please rectify this!! Thank you.

Based on last year's timetable we are well behind on overall entries. If you have something good and were hesitant about some perceived worry of "trolling" forget about it and please send the entry in. This is a very critical year for the contest especially since we have a larger room than we've had in years. I got involved in helping write some of the programming info and specifically listed the contest for the program guide as if you see one AMV event during the con then this is the one. I know it is hard to get the ridiculous level of quality content we got the last two years but at the moment the main thing that will help is to simply get more submissions.

Return to “AMV Contests”