Live Action Videos [Hear me out please]

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Re: Live Action Videos [Hear me out please]

Post by Ileia » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:40 am

CrackTheSky wrote:They'll either leave or learn to accept it.
Or the other option of adding an anime to their listed sources to trick the system and uploading it anyway, we already see this.

Out of curiousity, I wanted to see what I could find and, I admit, this opening made me giggle: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=89461

"Hey, it's still got anime!"
Last edited by Ileia on Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:44 am

Ileia wrote:
CrackTheSky wrote:They'll either leave or learn to accept it.
Or the other option of adding an anime to their listed sources to trick the system and uploading it anyway, we already see this.
And it still gets dealt with. People do that now, so what's the difference?

Ileia
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:04 am

It doesn't always get dealt with, there are many, many of such sneaky entries. If more vidders come to the org for announcing their videos there will surely be more who will want to upload. The admins are volunteering enough of their time already maintaining this site, why make it worse for them? Or perhaps we should all do a daily search through the dozens of thousands of videos and report each one.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:56 am

If it happens, and somebody notices, it gets reported. There's honestly no difference than if we were to have a live action subforum. It seems to me that you're just completely against the idea in any way. The only thing that would change is that we'd have more kickass live action videos to see, and a place to actually get feedback on them. The shit you're complaining about goes on already, it's not like it's going to get any worse with an additional subforum.

Ileia
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:58 am

Wow, you don't even read the posts people make, do you?

Ileia wrote:I'm not against having a LAMV subforum, but it could turn into a "We should be able to upload LAMVs, we have a LAMV forum!" bawfest. Maybe a trial run, see how it goes?
It's possibly to be open to something and still see ways in which it could end badly.

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:38 am

Yes, it is. However, I'm not seeing how it could end badly. I've posted more than enough on my end to justify having the forum, and every time you've posted a possible negative to the idea, I've responded rebuking those bad points [or atleast, I think I have].

Your argument against the idea seems to just be "but wat if people wanna upload, but what if people sneak lamvs in with 1 anime clip", which is just rediculous considering people can do that now already WITHOUT a live action forum.

Ileia
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:49 am

Okay, here:

It is possible that having forums for announcing LAMVs will bring in more vidders, yes?
This site has many entries of non-anime music videos, even without the vidding crowd.
Vidding crowd comes to org + free hosting = more uploads of non-AMVs.

See what I'm getting at?

When you want to do something, you should look at the pros and the cons, it's planning. In this case, you are listing pros and I am listing cons. Both should be taken into consideration.

Also, I think the word you were looking for was refute.

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:44 am

I see what you mean, but I still don't think it'll be much of an issue, and if so, no more than it already is.

And yes, thanks for the correction. I'm on no sleep and pain meds :(

Ileia
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:38 am

Ultimately, though, this is something that only the site administration could implement. If you feel that strongly about it, I would suggest drafting a proposal explaining ways in which you feel we could benefit from the addition (perhaps with possible solutions for any foreseeable problems, since they would be the ones to have to deal with that) and send it to them. If I recall correctly, that's how we got an offtopic section reinstated.

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:47 am

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll get on writing that up asap.

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”