Live Action Videos [Hear me out please]

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Re: Live Action Videos [Hear me out please]

Post by dreamawake » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:33 am

1.Does it have the potential to conflict with the purpose of this site?

The purpose of the site is amvs, the won't change

2.What if it attracts the wrong attention?
---What do we do if we are contacted by the movie industry?
----What if the music industry gets involved?

I've seen multiple forums have live action videos posted and gain no heat. So long as the org itself isn't hosting the videos, and it's just the members posting them, I can guarantee there wont be any heat in that department

3.Hassle of updating site code
----Probably not a major problem [we have the relationship forum :P]
------But it could lead to more and more coding requests... and where to draw the line...

Irrelevant. This would simply be a sub forum for announcements to videos that are personally hosted

4.Modding
----The one thread we have now is much easier to moderate

Myself or plenty of other LAMVers would probably be more than happy to mod the LAMV board. I don't see how that's an issue.

@Ileia:
Ileia wrote:I'm not against having a LAMV subforum, but it could turn into a "We should be able to upload LAMVs, we have a LAMV forum!" bawfest. Maybe a trial run, see how it goes? Might be okay, or it might be pretty dead. It took the thread in General AMV three years to get to 33 pages.
We have the same bawfest about cartoons and non japanese animation. I don't see this being much different. Also, a lot of people don't even know about the LAMVS by AMVers topic. Not to mention a lot of people are making them now as apposed to before.
Last edited by dreamawake on Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:46 am

Yeah and we don't have a cartoon and non-japanese animation subforum, now do we?
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:17 am

Then how about an "Other" forum to appease everybody? Same idea, the org can't get any heat for videos posted on the forums that aren't hosted on the site.

And again, this isn't about uploading to the site. All personally hosted. This would just be a place to announce and receive feedback more thoroughly than you would get in the topic in General AMV.

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:30 am

While I am not strictly against this...

aren't there any other sites/communities dedicated to LA fan-videos for announcing and sharing?

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:35 am

Well, like Kit said, there is an LJ community, as well as many subgroups of that one (for specific movies or shows). http://community.livejournal.com/vidding/profile
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:40 am

Arashinome wrote:4.Modding
----The one thread we have now is much easier to moderate

Myself or plenty of other LAMVers would probably be more than happy to mod the LAMV board. I don't see how that's an issue.
Except there are no board-specific moderators here. I don't know if that's a coding issue or policy issue or what, but all a-m-v.org moderators have control over every subforum.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

AGF-Antoine
Org Profile

Post by AGF-Antoine » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:46 am

While I personally hate Live-action videos, I do think there should be a subforum for music videos using non-anime source videos(toons, live action, etc).

I don't see the problem of there being a forum to announce them, although I do expect a flood of "Avatar: The Last Airbender" vids :P

AGF-Antoine
AGF means AnimeGirls Fan
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a349/ ... /AGFB4.png
Roll from Rockman.EXE is my favorite animegirl/character

Prodigi
is the conductor.
Org Profile

Post by Prodigi » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:18 am

To the suprise of most (I'm sure) I'm against this.

The AMV community is rather large, however despite this it still does mainly operate as an 'Inner Circle'. While there are thousands of videos being uploaded, only a handful are announced. Now if we made a sub-forum for Live Action videos I'd see the announcements for LAMVs taking over AMVs within a matter of months, depending how long it takes for this information to filter back to the vidding community on LJ. The vidding community on LJ sees mass dumps of videos on a daily basis (mostly garbage) and very few of them get any attention. Announce to these people they have a new place they can post their videos and I guarrantee you they'll come flooding.

I don't want it to sound like a whiny "OMGBUTTHISISAMVORGNOTMVORG", but I mean really, it <i>is</i> a-m-v.org

The site was designed for the cataloguing and archiving of every AMV. Even adding in a sub forum for live action announcements will create problems. From there people will want to have their live action videos catalogued, and then want to be able to upload them.

I would however be very interested in seeing someone create a sister site for live action videos.

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:40 am

Prodigi wrote: I would however be very interested in seeing someone create a sister site for live action videos.
This. Keep the layout and structure but maybe change the branding colour.

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:45 am

Actually it'll just come down to $$$ -_-

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”