Live Action Videos [Hear me out please]

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Re: Live Action Videos [Hear me out please]

Post by 8bit_samurai » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:18 pm

Well, instead of another subforum, you could ask a mod or perhaps a donator to make a thread of directories (or something similar) for the Live Action Vids by AMVers thread and keep the post updated everytime someone posts a new video and ask for a mod or admin to sticky the thread. Or something like that.
Under Construction

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:24 pm

Why go through the extra work when it would be both simpler and easier to throw a new subforum up and use that? A single topic isn't enough to draw attention and get real feedback for a video, anyway. I don't get why you seem to be so against the idea, it could only do more for the community.

Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Org Profile

Post by Enigma » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:02 pm

8bit_samurai wrote:Well, instead of another subforum, you could ask a mod or perhaps a donator to make a thread of directories (or something similar) for the Live Action Vids by AMVers thread and keep the post updated everytime someone posts a new video and ask for a mod or admin to sticky the thread. Or something like that.
I'd go with this, But seeing as this a is a fan hobby, Paying to do something that should be done for free(aside from cost from getting the footage/software), I don't wanna be paying to just announce a video, I mean.Come on, What does the relation ship forum have to do with AMV's?

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:06 pm

You say that now but when you're thirty and still alone you'll be thankful for it!

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:27 pm

Arashinome wrote:Why go through the extra work when it would be both simpler and easier to throw a new subforum up and use that? A single topic isn't enough to draw attention and get real feedback for a video, anyway. I don't get why you seem to be so against the idea, it could only do more for the community.
A LAMV forum would mean expansion to the desired audiance, it would not necessarily mean it'd be 'good' or bad, it could be either. With an expanded audience you gain such things as attention by lawyers (not gauranteed but more likely the more noise we make) and possibly more taunting by lamv 'elitest' about how they are SO done with amvs and so on. While point 1 is simply paranoia I wanted to bring up point two... the first part just sort of snuck in there.
If you do not think so... you will DIE

Phantasmagoriat
Org Profile

Post by Phantasmagoriat » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:33 pm

I've been thinking about this for a little while now,
and I think the issue revolves round how popular it would get.
If it doesn't gain that much attention, and stays about the same as the LAMV thread we have now, it's fine.

But what should we do if it becomes 'too' popular? ... [if that's even possible]

1.Does it have the potential to conflict with the purpose of this site?
2.What if it attracts the wrong attention?
---What do we do if we are contacted by the movie industry?
----What if the music industry gets involved?
3.Hassle of updating site code
----Probably not a major problem [we have the relationship forum :P]
------But it could lead to more and more coding requests... and where to draw the line...
4.Modding
----The one thread we have now is much easier to moderate

So anyways, if it stays relatively small... [and I predict it would] I say go for it.

[And not to be paranoid] but we would have to be smart,
and have a back-up plan in case it attracts too much attention.
Last edited by Phantasmagoriat on Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Org Profile | AMVGuide | Phan Picks! | THE424SHOW | YouTube | "Painkiller"

"Effort to Understand; Effort to be Understood; to See through Different Eyes."

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:42 pm

You won't be paying just to announce a video, but to help the org with hosting and hardware costs, and doing so give you perks such as access to the Donator's Forum. I would assume one person maintaining a thread would be less work than having mods/admins having one more sub-forum to deal with, unless I'm mistaken. If it isn't, then I don't mind whatever decision the mods/admins choose to take. And to be precise, I believe this place is called animemusicvideos.org and not liveactionvideos.org or any other play on the name. And I'm aware you're just asking for a sub-forum for LAMVs and not for hosting nonAMVs (whether they are live action or not) and the such, but we already do have a forum for non anime related topics, which is the Donator's Forum.
Under Construction

AaronAMV
eating that e. coli spinach
Org Profile

Post by AaronAMV » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:06 pm

fuck yeah i'm gonna donate when i'm 15 and i can't get a job.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:45 pm

I don't understand where donating even really comes in. Isn't the LAMV thread in General AMV? Sure, some people announce their videos in the Donator's Forum, but you can still put them in with AMV releases in the announcement forum, make journal posts, link to them in your signature, and add them to your profile in addition to the thread in General AMV. You don't need to donate to find them.

I'm not against having a LAMV subforum, but it could turn into a "We should be able to upload LAMVs, we have a LAMV forum!" bawfest. Maybe a trial run, see how it goes? Might be okay, or it might be pretty dead. It took the thread in General AMV three years to get to 33 pages.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:29 am

There actually is a live action community on LiveJournal, I hear. I dunno if LJ's your kinda dealie or what, or even what the community's like, but vidding communities do exist.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”