So You Want To Be A *GOOD* Anime Music Video Editor?

This forum is for the general discussion of Anime Music Videos.

Re: So You Want To Be A *GOOD* Anime Music Video Editor?

Postby NevilleLeck » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:47 am

If me and Kevmaster like it, it's good. :lol:
NevilleLeck

Postby Infinity Squared » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:46 pm

NevilleLeck wrote:If me and Kevmaster like it, it's good. :lol:

Who are you?
Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants

Postby shawnnm2 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:16 pm

There is only problems why or stoping me on making an good video it is this program call adobe after effects it is really trobleming but other wise i try my best half the times.
shawnnm2

Postby hippielovers20 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:03 am

Thank you, I'll try to keep this in mind next time I make anything :)
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, there will be peace. - Jimi Hendrix
hippielovers20

Postby seasons » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:23 am

shawnnm2 wrote:There is only problems why or stoping me on making an good video it is this program call adobe after effects it is really trobleming but other wise i try my best half the times.

whoa
Image Cutfilm Tovent

ngsilver wrote:Keep making vids you wanna make. Just don't expect everyone to like them, you'll be sorely disappointed.
seasons

Postby NevilleLeck » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:30 pm

Very nice read! :D
NevilleLeck

Postby mirkosp » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:19 pm

Guide updated. Mostly grammar fixes, but there might be some minor changes here and there. Not sure. :uhoh:
mirkosp
MODkip

Postby godix » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:21 pm

Minor update, I've had a version that had a bit of grammar correction in it sitting around for awhile. So the first post has been updated. Now with more grammar! Although I'm quite sure there are still plenty of mistakes still. The content is the same though, just I actually used commas and shit.
godix
a disturbed member

Postby ZeWi » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:55 pm

:book:
ZeWi

Postby godix » Sat May 15, 2010 10:15 pm

Random thingie I found that nicely shows the (very) basics on color theory that I mentioned in the guide:
godix
a disturbed member

Postby Pie Row Maniac » Wed May 19, 2010 4:43 pm

That makes the graphic artist in me smile.
Have a beta? Want some positive criticism? Message me!
Pie Row Maniac

Postby YoKo- » Thu May 27, 2010 3:32 am

I truly enjoyed reading all that! Great job! :) Personally I didn't really find anything to be against what I think and some of the simple facts you said reminded me what I had forgotten long ago, thanks :up:
YoKo-

Postby ainsworth176 » Fri May 28, 2010 6:10 am

whats the best video effect editor? or best movie maker?Hope you can help me. thanks
ainsworth176

Postby godix » Mon May 31, 2010 7:02 pm

ainsworth176 wrote:whats the best video effect editor? or best movie maker?Hope you can help me. thanks

There is no 'best' really, it's largely a matter of what you're used to and personal preference. That being said, Windows Movie Maker, Magix, Sony Vegas and Adobe Premiere seem to be the most common ones.

Windows Movie Maker is free and comes with recent version of Windows (I think it's an optional download for Windows 7 instead of automatically included, but still free). However it is very limited in capability and generally viewed as fairly worthless. Think of it as like MS Paint vs Photoshop. It may be worth playing with to begin with to see if editing really is something you enjoy, but you'll probably want to upgrade to something else if you do get into editing.

Magix is a pretty cheap program. I've never used it, but I've always gotten the impression that it's somewhat limited. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Sony Vegas is moderately inexpensive but still powerful enough to do most things you'd want. Quite a lot of respectable videos have been created in it. If you *REALLY* get into effects you may find it a bit limiting, but even so it's still quite workable.

Adobe Premiere is expensive (assuming you get it legally), but it has a lot of capability. The biggest advantage of Premiere is probably it's easy integration with After Effects and other Adobe suite programs, which is something a lot of editors don't do so it may not be worth the cost for you. If you do decide to get it, look for student discounts and the like, that can save you a lot of money.

Most of these programs have trial versions, so I'd suggest getting the trial and playing around with the program to see which you like best before buying. There's also a bit more discussion, and options, listed in this thread and the Video Editing Software forum would probably be helpful once you get your program.
godix
a disturbed member

Postby pan_dbgt01 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:23 am

Having fun is what's it's all about! You're on the internet so no one knows if your upset or cares.
pan_dbgt01

PreviousNext

Return to General AMV