Adobe Premiere CS4 Help

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
Okamisensei
Org Profile

Adobe Premiere CS4 Help

Post by Okamisensei » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:59 pm

I have been experiencing problems when I import a video into Premiere and it comes up as a sound file. The file is a AVI type, is it the preset in the beginning when I start a new project and such? Or is it the actual video type? I just got back the site and decided to make a new account after getting a new editting program. So can anyone help me? :book:
Wee Willy Winky says... DO YOU DARE TO BE STUPID!?

Old Account: Animerocker64

Midnyte
Org Profile

Re: Adobe Premiere CS4 Help

Post by Midnyte » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:28 pm

This means that Premier doesn't support the codec in the AVI's video stream in and AVI container. You will see much the same thing but without audio if you use an h264-MP4 that contains an AC3 audio stream. Premier will claim no audio. Same audio stream in and MPEG2 container it sees just fine, unless said stream is a 5.1 channel AC3. Then if it's in VOB or M2TS its fine. Its more that Premier follows container rules more strictly then other software.

Okamisensei
Org Profile

Post by Okamisensei » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:07 pm

So what would you recommend be the easiest/ simplest solution? If the problem resides in the type of video format, then by example converting it to MPEG would resolve this issue? :?:
Wee Willy Winky says... DO YOU DARE TO BE STUPID!?

Old Account: Animerocker64

Panky
Org Profile

Post by Panky » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:41 pm

If it gets converted correctly, mpeg might work, but what's generally recommended is to use lossless codecs (such as HUFFYUV and Lagarith). While they are way bigger, chances are you'll encounter less problems when editing.

Return to “Adobe Software”