iPod touch compatible upload slots on the Org?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
gotegenks
Org Profile

iPod touch compatible upload slots on the Org?

Post by gotegenks » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:16 am

I just found out if you have a direct link to an ipod touch compatible video from here, you click the link and it'll play on your ipod.

i think it'd be great if the Org let you have another upload slot for ipod touch compatible formats

a good program i use is http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dv ... verter.htm

but i think it'd be nifty, not exactly necessary, but convenient at times! if you wanna check up on the Org from out of your home and just watch a vid real quick and go comment on the forum topic, or even if you are at home and your grounded! :sweat:

well, idk, i thought it was a good idea.

Dr. Derpface, J.D.
Org Profile

Re: iPod touch compatible upload slots on the Org?

Post by Dr. Derpface, J.D. » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:30 pm

Or, you know, Apple could pull their head out of there arse and support Flash (like the rest of the fracking world does) and you could just click the "Preview" link...
Tinnitus

<Fire_Starter> Stirspeare: college=failsauce?
<Stirspeare> Fire_Starter: Electoral college etc.

"Then you weeaboo faggots need to stop thinking that Japan is ZOMG awsmsauce where all ur waifu dreams come true."
-Kionon / Athena - January 12, 2010

NeoQuixotic
Master Procrastinator
Org Profile

Post by NeoQuixotic » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:02 pm

Flash is not needed for simple video playback. Hell, most of all flash video is just H.264 and AAC now. And it doesn't have to be in a FLV container. Flash plays MP4 files now. We can have Flash for use on a full computer and just playback the file via other means on other devices. The ideal situation would be if HTML5 video was actually a standard, but right now it's a big mess. In the mean time, there are solutions like this Video for Everybody.
Insert clever text/image here.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:06 pm

I don't think the org needs a second upload slot, if you want to offer ipod compatible files and your "regular distribution file", then host the second file on your own server, and then direct or indirect link to them. Plenty of people already offer secondary distribution files that way.

aerotem
show 'em my judo throw
Org Profile

Post by aerotem » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:37 pm

JaddziaDax wrote:I don't think the org needs a second upload slot, if you want to offer ipod compatible files and your "regular distribution file", then host the second file on your own server, and then direct or indirect link to them. Plenty of people already offer secondary distribution files that way.
:up:

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:18 pm

JaddziaDax wrote:I don't think the org needs a second upload slot, if you want to offer ipod compatible files and your "regular distribution file", then host the second file on your own server, and then direct or indirect link to them. Plenty of people already offer secondary distribution files that way.
i do that already, but i know that not everybody has access to something like that.

i guess i didn't do much research though so i'll back off .___.

Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Org Profile

Post by Niotex » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:38 am

I'm curious about the files you host yourself though. How is the download ratio vs the normal files/links?

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:32 pm

Niotex wrote:I'm curious about the files you host yourself though. How is the download ratio vs the normal files/links?
pretty terrible if you count previews, but i have yet to premier a vid with that option...not that it'd make a big difference, but not even the normal direct download got near as much as the local download, and the itouch compatible directs are only a little less than half downloaded of the normal directs.

it's not like you could expect them to be downloaded as much as the regulars, it's just a way of having the Org ipod touch friendly, it could be said to be a second streaming link,

...but at the moment it's just if people like my vids enough to show to their friends at skool :P

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:49 pm

Why would we want to enable the macfags? I don't get it. Shouldn't they be forced to suffer the downside of their proprietary lock-ins? How else will they learn?
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:00 pm

scratch that, they're over double the regular directs, but still kinda fail in comparison to the locals and previews, although i did not premier the vid with that option.

Return to “General AMV”