Don't Call My Name

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Don't Call My Name

Post by AimoAio » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:51 pm

I love this song and I couldn't think of a source so I used KH :P

(I'd strongly advise watching the stream as a preview first since the file size is so large - dodgy encode which I will fix ASAP)

Anyway enjoy ;)

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Re: Don't Call My Name

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:52 pm

I fully intend to edit this post as soon as I get home with an amazingly detailed report, but I'm just gonna say right now that I'm very impressed with this. I already see a few things I'm gonna gripe about, but on the whole... Damn... That's good. :up: 4.85/5.00

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:53 pm

This is the most original Kingdom Hearts AMV that I have ever seen. I think that some of the font choices could have been better, but most of them were absolutely perfect.

Also, I love the way that you synced this video.

I give this a 4.7 / 5
I'll be extremely busy for the next 2-3 weeks, but If I have any spare time, I'll write a OP for this.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:57 pm

Alright, begin major league rantage..

First of all, I'll be honest. When I saw :10 and :15 with those stars, I nearly closed out the video. I thought. "Daw... Bad photoshopping and spinnage is about to begin..." I'm very glad I didn't. :D

Because what would come is a video that goes against the usual stream of AMV's we watch everyday, and went into a creative realm I hadn't thought of. It reminded me a lot of a video Amo-Chan made Yokota. Going against the usual rigmarole and just being FUN.

I loved the fun I saw in the video. The musical bars, the many different shapes and symbols. It made a very lighthearted tone and overall, that's what I liked most about the video. The hearts, the stars... It all just screamed "I'm having fun editing this", and that just made it a thousand times better.

The editing and atmosphere really just drew me in. The matching of syllables in the video with the words in areas was really a cute and fun idea.

I didn't understand why Deep Dive footage was in there... The darkness didn't meld well with the bright and exuberant footage that was RoxasxNaminane and SoraxKairi. I think substituting Deep Dive with other footage would have done it a lot more justice.

Also, the two different sections utlilizing the musical bars were basically clones of one and other. I dunno, it was cute the first time, but I was hoping for a lot more the second time around. Chaging up the stanzas, the shapes, effects, ect woudlh ave made it a lote more cute.

The font at the end with the last scenes passing by was really subtle and not matching with the rest of the footage's font. I really liked the font and coloring in the intro section [with the name/date/ect], and I wish it had been consistently that one, except maybe the Alejandro names, which as cursive looked more appprorpiately.

:37 and 1:55... No... Just no... The static image and the spinning star [much like the intro] was a really huge turn-off for me, and broke the flow faster than... I don't think I can make that analogy on the org without getting slapped. >___>

Visually speaking, it was nice to look at. :D

I know I ranted a lot about the video's problems, but when I really rant over things like this, it shows how much I deeply love and appreciate the video. Otherwise, why would I do it?

Aimo, I'm loving the work you're putting out. It's all new and funand interesting to watch. I can't wait to see what else you put out there. :D

4.85/5.00

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:22 am

Didn't like this. The text effects were way too much for me; I didn't mind it during the bridge, but the mixing of fonts (many of them ugly) during the chorus was distracting, and overall I thought the video could have done without any text at all and been MUCH better. Additionally, I REALLY disliked how you basically copy/pasted the text effects from the first chorus to the second. If you're going to do similar effects throughout a video, whatever they are, you should definitely try and make them distinct enough from one another to where the video remains dynamic and interesting.

There were some neat ideas, and a lot of the masking and non-text effects fit pretty well, but overall I felt like there weren't enough similarities between them to hold everything together. It felt like a hodgepodge of different concepts, but without any overarching connection between them the video just kinda fell apart.

2/5

jforce123
Org Profile

Post by jforce123 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:03 am

CrackTheSky wrote:Didn't like this. The text effects were way too much for me; I didn't mind it during the bridge, but the mixing of fonts (many of them ugly) during the chorus was distracting, and overall I thought the video could have done without any text at all and been MUCH better. Additionally, I REALLY disliked how you basically copy/pasted the text effects from the first chorus to the second. If you're going to do similar effects throughout a video, whatever they are, you should definitely try and make them distinct enough from one another to where the video remains dynamic and interesting.

There were some neat ideas, and a lot of the masking and non-text effects fit pretty well, but overall I felt like there weren't enough similarities between them to hold everything together. It felt like a hodgepodge of different concepts, but without any overarching connection between them the video just kinda fell apart.

2/5
Pretty much this
Last edited by jforce123 on Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Venodium
Org Profile

Post by Venodium » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:05 am

I really like it and the mood is really beautifull , nothing really bothered me and the text was also fitting very good in my opinion. I especially liked the last chorus :D

Amo-Chan
Org Profile

Post by Amo-Chan » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:33 pm

I liked it. It was fun to watch and listen to. Nice to see a Gaga video XD. I mean, really, just using Lady Gaga is automatic win :D
The text effect didn't really bother be. I've noticed a lot more text being used lately, mostly on youtube, and since that's where I do my majority of amv watching I've grown used to it. Sometimes, I even like it...like this time.

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:26 pm

aww no Xion? :nono:
You released this perfect timing for me too, since i;m in the middle of "358/2 days" DS game right now ;p

A very fun vid, pretty much agree with code on most points. I realy liked this :O
I think the only font that I wouldve changed was the script one, it was kinda hard to read. The bold one was fine, though maybe a better one couldve been used, it didn;t bother me too much. I thought the simple elegent looking one you used for most of the actual video segments was perfect though. :up:

Although... "Just smoke a cigerette" in a kingdom hearts vid.... eh.... :p

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:51 pm

This looked like it took you some effort, but I am extremly annoyed by the use of effects in this video.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”