spell check

ZeWrestler
The Big Ragu
Org Profile

spell check

Post by ZeWrestler » Fri Jul 19, 2002 5:38 am

i was thinking that it might not be a bad idea to add a spell check to the forums. something like what they have at http://www.animeacademy.com it would help improve spelling at the site, and give jbone a break from correcting other peoples posts.
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room, munching pills, and listening to repetitive music~Kristian Wilson, CEO, Nintendo Gaming Corporation

kthulhu
Org Profile

Post by kthulhu » Fri Jul 19, 2002 5:55 am

Jbone does it to give meaning to his life.Every post he corrects moves the razor an extra centimeter away from his wrist.DO YOU WANT A DEAD JBONE?!WELL,DO YOU?!

Apparently I do,since I aim for good grammar :P .
I'm out...

kthulhu
Org Profile

Post by kthulhu » Fri Jul 19, 2002 5:57 am

A spell check might not be a bad idea,though,for some people(*cough* 95% *cough*) .Would it be an option or would it run posts through automatically?
I'm out...

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Fri Jul 19, 2002 8:08 am

No no no... no spellcheck. That takes half the fun out of posting. And reading the posts. Then we can't filter out the smart ones from the dumb ones :P . Hehe j/k those of you who can't seem to spell... or type very well :wink: . I don't like spellchecks though.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Fri Jul 19, 2002 9:46 am

Hey, kthulu, try putting a space after your periods. ;-)

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Fri Jul 19, 2002 12:23 pm

Speel chec? We don't kneed no dam speeling chec?
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

TheG-Man
Org Profile

Post by TheG-Man » Fri Jul 19, 2002 2:14 pm

A spell check might be a nice thing to have, if not for thoses of us that cant spell for some reson, but for the people who want to read what we post :wink:

Course, with my LD ive made most spell checker breck down and cry like littel girls checking my english papers :cry:
"I never get to have a coherent train of thought, so why should any one else?" Milly, http://www.ozyandmillie.org/

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Fri Jul 19, 2002 7:13 pm

Hey I've got an LD too so I'm not taking any excuses from you! I managed to persevere didn't I?

And kthulu, spaces after your commas would be nice too =).
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

TheG-Man
Org Profile

Post by TheG-Man » Fri Jul 19, 2002 8:02 pm

Oh im not amkeing any excuses. i am in collage after all;) it just get frustraing when a spell check refuses to give you the word you need to finsh the stupid paper and go to bed after about the 100th try:) ive never used my LDs as an excuse not to do something... more of a disclamer on why it will take longer or not be as well spelled as most peoples;)
"I never get to have a coherent train of thought, so why should any one else?" Milly, http://www.ozyandmillie.org/

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”