AnimeNEXT 2010 - Looking for Panelists

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
ReligionX
Org Profile

AnimeNEXT 2010 - Looking for Panelists

Post by ReligionX » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:35 pm

AnimeNEXT will be taking place on June 18-20 in the Garden State Exhibit Center and Double Tree Somerset Hotel, in Somerset, NJ.

http://www.animenext.org/

AMV Contest
http://www.animenext.org/amv

AMV Contest Thread
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... =5&t=98476

I would like for AnimeNEXT to have an AMV Panel (or several) if anyone is interested. I would be happy to assist, and be present for the panel if necessary. But, I do not want to run a panel myself. If you, or anyone you know is interested in hosting a panel, please shoot me an e-mail and we can discuss what you would like to present, and put you in contact with our panel staff.

religionx@animemusicvideos.org
AnimeNEXT 09, 10, 11 AMV Head, Zenkaikon 08, 09, 11 AMV Head, Tandokucon 07 AMV & Fan Parody Head
Zenkaikon V Website AnimeNEXT 2011

ReligionX
Org Profile

Re: AnimeNEXT 2010 - Looking for Panelists

Post by ReligionX » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:40 am

We are still looking for AMV panelists. If you are interested in being a panelist, please let me know. As of right now, I have not heard from anyone. You don't even need to have a plan for your panel. We can discuss what would make an acceptable presentation after you have expressed interest.
AnimeNEXT 09, 10, 11 AMV Head, Zenkaikon 08, 09, 11 AMV Head, Tandokucon 07 AMV & Fan Parody Head

ReligionX
Org Profile

Post by ReligionX » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:33 am

Again, we are still looking for panelists. To the best of my knowledge, no one has contacted anyone in AnimeNEXT staff if they are interested in hosting, or helping to host an AMV panel. This is really a shame. I really would like for there to be a panel in 2010. If there is still no interest from anyone in hosting a panel in 2010, I'll feel morally obligated to host a panel myself in 2011.

Dragon/Roy
Org Profile

Post by Dragon/Roy » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:53 am

If someone host a panel and need editors , i would participate , but i don't wanna host one myself

ReligionX
Org Profile

Post by ReligionX » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:36 am

Great! I am happy to hear that. How many other editors would you feel comfortable working with? If we can get 1 other editor, and only 1 other editor, I may be able to join the two of you for a total of 3. I don't think we'd want any more than 4 editors to host a panel.

Anyone else?

ReligionX
Org Profile

Post by ReligionX » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:13 am

We are even still looking for more panelists. If you are a panelist, you will be partially, or completely comped for your admission to AnimeNEXT. There can be a little wiggle room for reimbursement if a panel presentation runs longer than normal. The deadline for submitting your interest to be a panelist is May 8th.

http://www.animenext.org/node/247

After the staff meeting on Sunday, several staff are trying to round up some folks that they know who do AMVs to try to host, or co-host an AMV panel or two. I am hopeful there will be a response, because I really don't have time to work on a panel presentation during these next two months. Again, I can sit in and help out, but I cannot create a full on presentation.

Dragon/Roy
Org Profile

Post by Dragon/Roy » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:02 pm

I might have one more person

ReligionX
Org Profile

Post by ReligionX » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:03 am

Well, have them shoot me an e-mail. Time is running out quickly. Let's the this going.

ReligionX
Org Profile

Post by ReligionX » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:57 am

We currently have 2 other editors in addition to myself willing to host a panel. I believe that we will be able to run a panel. If someone would like to step in for me to take my place, I would appreciate it. If not, then what you see is what you get. ><

As of right now, we are un-set on what we would like to show. If anyone has any suggestions, we are open.

ReligionX
Org Profile

Post by ReligionX » Tue May 04, 2010 8:18 am

If you are interested in having one of your AMVs shown in front of a live audience and then critiqued by our group of panelists, please send me an e-mail with your video information. Please make this a video that is not being sent to AnimeNEXT for the AMV Contest or General Screening. This can also be a partially completed video and / or an older video you have made. If you want to bring an at-door submission to be looked at, please give it to me on a CD or DVD after the first screening of the AMV Contest so that I can make sure it is appropriate. We (staff) are not being provided with internet access at AnimeNEXT, and I cannot download your video at any time during the convention. If there is a lot of interest in this, I need to know ASAP so that we can extend the duration of the panel.

Return to “Anime Conventions”