Project Xanthium \\ Reloaded - LQ Alternative Available Now!

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Org Profile

Project Xanthium \\ Reloaded - LQ Alternative Available Now!

Post by Niotex » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:29 pm

Its been a while since I released something "serious". This is a "REMASTER" project that I started a couple of months back. The idea was to keep everything of the original intact while spicing up all the technical stuff. In the end I ended up doing a little more then that, but none the less that was the original idea.

For local HQ [h264/ac3 - mp4] I would highly recommend to NOT USE VLC but instead USE MPC for playback. If this still turns out choppy then I would recommend going for the direct LQ [xvid/mp3 - avi] version which is also up now.

For now enjoy and crank up those sound systems =]
Last edited by Niotex on Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

LittleAtari
Call Me Moneybagz
Org Profile

Re: Project Xanthium \\ Reloaded

Post by LittleAtari » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:30 pm

I'm happy to finally see it released. I love how all the subtle things in this video make it feel a lot different from the original by making a lot of things just look visually interesting. Congrats on finishing it.

Also, Niotex for most improved :P
Last edited by LittleAtari on Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:40 pm

VLC for Worst Playback Software VCA 2011.

inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

Post by inthesto » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:43 pm

Okay, but where are the real JCAs?
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:45 pm

I used VLC and it worked fine.

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:03 pm

Ok, so here is what happened. One time, I ate this really great tasting hotdog. It was delicious, it had a tad of sweet spice, the flavours were well balanced. After I ate and enjoyed this hotdog I was put into a catatonic state and the partially digested hot dog was removed from my stomach. All of the bits of the hot dog I enjoyed are still intact but the chef decided that I should have had a better hot dog, despite me telling him how much I enjoyed the first one. The hot dog was peiced back together, it increased in volume, and more toppings were added. This hotdog did have some improvements made to it and I enjoy the taste much the same, but it's now been prepared in such a way that it has given me a great deal of problems during mastication. In the end, though I still enjoyed the increased hotdog the second time around it was still, essentially, the same hot dog. I think I might have liked a sandwhich instead.

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:08 pm

Bumping for the <3 ;*

ExSphere
Org Profile

Post by ExSphere » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:00 pm

Dr.Dinosaur wrote: I still enjoyed the increased hotdog the second time around it was still, essentially, the same hot dog. I think I might have liked a sandwhich instead.
Same

-Reda-
Org Profile

Post by -Reda- » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:15 pm

2D DoF - The simple concept of attracting the focus of the eyes to a specific section of the screen by effectively creating a fake Depth of Field. This is something I have been experimenting with for a very long time now in my other unreleased projects.
YOU MEAN LIKE EIDOLON?

Edit: Fucking awesome. Probably the only video I'll download this year too.
*sips tea*

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:11 am

Holy crap! It's been years!

I'll check it out!

Edit: Dang! Wish it felt more like a remake instead of a remaster. I liked the original as you know a lot and I also thought the visual quality was good as well. The feeling from beginning to end felt great from the original but this with it's intro and outro, it didn't really feel as much of a rush to watch. But it's cool that you used the HD footage and made it 60 fps, but I don't think it needed it. One thing that makes the whole 60 fps work with Nostromo is that he is the king at panning. If the video has a crap load of panning, and it's one of the main features for your video, then the 60 fps adds a crazy new feel. It also works great for some sped up scenes. This is just my opinion. It's nice though adding a new color to the mix with this remaster so I approve. :up:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”