What manga most needs a (faithful) anime adaption?

Jasta85
Org Profile

Re: What manga most needs a (faithful) anime adaption?

Post by Jasta85 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:00 pm

nikolakis wrote:History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi ( Anime : low budget animation :( )
Gantz
Tenjou Tenge
Berserk
Claymore ( Anime : The filler ending was awful )

I won't add Black Lagoon because they are going to release an Ova. :up:

Also i don't like the Fairy Tail anime, the manga is way better :cry:
hey, dont rip on history's strongest disciple or claymore ;p. Maybe animation wasnt top notch but it was a decent tribute to the manga, there honestly are not a lot of anime that keep the same quality of the manga. plus some of the voice acting is very memorable, siegfried ftw. I would love them to continue the series at some point
Claymore's ending sucked yes but that was cause they needed to finish the season (most anime that only last 12 or 24 eps or so cut the ending to a manga short). but the actual body of the series was very accurate.
Agreement on fairy tail, series isnt horrible per se but i do think the animation could have been done better, it's a bit too...eh, cartoony, seems more kiddy than the original.
And if you had added black lagoon i would have smacked you in the gonads, that anime was awsome.
problem with most of these series is that they just stopped short and didn't continue the story (or in berserk's case it left out just about every awesome scene there was in the manga, not to mention the bad animation.) Although i'm not sure if they could make a completely accurate anime as some scenes wouldn't be really showable on public tv (leave it to the director's cut i guess).

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:44 pm

I don't read. No ok well I don't read manga, but I do believe NaruTaru needs to be finished. and Daa Daa Daa! could use a good bit more.
If you do not think so... you will DIE

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:26 am

I'd like an anime for:
Immortal Rain
The Gentlemen's Alliance

a couple of my fave shoujo manga series <3

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:09 pm

Rosario+Vampire

Yet another example of a series GONZO has raped up the ass repeatedly. The manga is actually interesting, and actually has a plot. The anime randomly took some of those points, covered it in a nonsensical barrage of pantyshots, and revised the rest of points. Some of the storylines were completely butchered and then left in the dust (i.e. the entire second half of the original manga run, and most of the plot of Season II*; the first season of the anime looked like maybe it was going to follow the plot, but then veered off into left field and Capu2...don't even get me started on Capu2).

*to be fair, Season II does seem to be stagnating badly, but it's still better than what passes for the anime - and it does look like some development is on the horizon.

Tsukihime

Yeah, yeah, I know the topic was manga, and Tsukihime's a visual novel, but hey, it would stop people from saying that the anime doesn't exist. Maybe better served as a series of movies like Kara no Kyoukai, though.

For those that haven't had any sort of adaptation yet, I would mildly like to see Freezing or Super-Dreadnought Girl 4946 get animated. The latter would have to wait a while more, though, as it's not that far into it.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:35 pm

Qyot27 wrote:Rosario+Vampire

Yet another example of a series GONZO has raped up the ass repeatedly. The manga is actually interesting, and actually has a plot. The anime randomly took some of those points, covered it in a nonsensical barrage of pantyshots, and revised the rest of points. Some of the storylines were completely butchered and then left in the dust (i.e. the entire second half of the original manga run, and most of the plot of Season II*; the first season of the anime looked like maybe it was going to follow the plot, but then veered off into left field and Capu2...don't even get me started on Capu2).

*to be fair, Season II does seem to be stagnating badly, but it's still better than what passes for the anime - and it does look like some development is on the horizon.
unfortunately a lot of the short 12 ep throwaway series are like this, based on interesting mangas that are good enough to warrent an anime but apparently not popular enough to put any amount of effort into them.

Dar
yuri addict
Org Profile

Post by Dar » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:49 am

girl friends by morinaga milk :D my favorite yuri manga lol

NelTu
Org Profile

Post by NelTu » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:50 am

uhmm Fruits basket? WTF happend to the rest of it?
Killing you only reduces the number of idiots
Best Site EVAH Clicky! www.adurah.com/img/hp7_spoilers.jpg

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:00 pm

NelTu wrote:uhmm Fruits basket? WTF happend to the rest of it?
x2
anime series sucked.
Image Image

LeapofFate
The Madvillain
Org Profile

Post by LeapofFate » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:00 am

Berserk really needs a quality anime release. I also would like Suzuka, Ichigo 100%, and a lot of seinen mangas to be animes, but it isn't going to happen.

Anyways, I prefer manga to anime in the first place. :P

Chez
Not Mexican
Org Profile

Post by Chez » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:57 am

Qyot27 wrote:
Tsukihime

Yeah, yeah, I know the topic was manga, and Tsukihime's a visual novel. Maybe better served as a series of movies like Kara no Kyoukai, though.

Cause there is no Tsukihime Anime.

Air Gear. To actually add something to the conversation.
Image I stream and stuff o.o

Return to “General Anime”