AICon 2010 AMV Competition (Results up)

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
blah13
Org Profile

AICon 2010 AMV Competition (Results up)

Post by blah13 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:59 am

http://www.aicon.org.au/competitions/an ... mpetition/

AI-Con is proud to present it’s Anime Music Video competition for 2010!
If you’ve ever wanted to see Chiyo-chan sing Rammstein or Sephiroth dance the funky chicken, give it a try in our competition.

Every year we get amazing quality entries and with your help we can make this the best year yet. But don’t feel intimidated if you’re new to the world of AMV, this year there will be a newcomers prize. And for the first year in AI-Con’s history there will be trophy prizes available for all winners regardless of location, paid at my (the conveners) expense.

Deadline will be 20th February 2010. All entries need to be in my possession by this date (snail mailing on this date will see you missing out). You will receive notification if your video will be screened at the convention, and if time permits, some feedback on how your video scored.

Rules
# To digitally submit, entries can be sent via MegaUpload/RapidShare or another/your own web hosting. This is our preferred method of submission.
# Please upload the file in a zip or rar together with the entry form, then send us a download link at aiconamv@gmail.com so we can retrieve your entry.
# Although not preferred, we also accept snail mail entries which can be forwarded to the following address:

AIcon AMV comp c/o Ben Holton
20 Susan Parade
Lenah Valley 7008
Hobart, Tasmania
Australia

# Accepted formats/codecs: avi, mkv (XviD, DivX, HuffYUV, Lagarith, DV AVI), mp4 (h.264), mpeg-1, mpeg-2.
# Maximum 2 entries per person (this includes group entries in which one was the contributor).
# Videos are to have no visible subtitles/fansubs other than those which you have added yourself and have noted on your submission forms for the judges (this includes text from opening/closing credit sequences).
# The majority of source footage (as in 90%+) must be from an anime (or anime-style game, in-game footage not to exceed 10% of total time). If you’re unsure, don’t hesitate to contact us.
# As this is a family event, any overtly mature themes, excessive violence, nudity, etc, will not be shown at the convention, thus not eligible for fan favourite. Artistic merit will be taken into consideration, though we reserve the right to disqualify any video we deem unsuitable.
# International entries accepted.

Categories for 2010 will be:
Theme – judges will be assessing it based on how cleverly the theme is used, this years theme is Crime, example: use of criminal activity or law enforcement
Newcomer – Anyone that has never entered an AMV competition before is eligible.
technical – The amount of work required to pull off the AMV, special effects, transitions, cutting etc Does not need to be an artistic master piece, but it does help. Showing off techniques newly invented or rarely used in a creative way is encouraged.
Action
Comedy
Drama
Fan Favourite – Each entry will be assigned a number and the audience will anonymously vote during the screening to be tallied while other category winners are announced.
Overall – showing great technical skills, a solid concept and some originality and creativity and be generally good in all areas of AMV creation attempted.

For more information, and the entry form, please click the link at the top.
Last edited by blah13 on Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Re: AICon 2010 AMV Competition

Post by Infinity Squared » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:21 pm

I'll try to actually finish one for this :wink:

Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:17 pm

fix my pc for me so i can edit for this T_T
new banzors in the making :p

blah13
Org Profile

Post by blah13 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:40 am

At the moment Pryzm is taking all the prizes home himself :P

cmon people, he needs some competition

blah13
Org Profile

Post by blah13 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:15 pm

Only a few weeks to go and at the moment Pryzm is going to win every category with 2 comedy videos, don't let this injustice stand people.

blah13
Org Profile

Post by blah13 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:41 pm

sorry, just noticed that it says submit entries to aiconamv@gmail.org.au, anyone that has tried to send entries to that, they didn't get through, please re-send to aiconamv@gmail.com

I'll have pics of the trophies up soon

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:04 pm

Just a quick question. We don't actually have to BE there to enter, right? Because I'd submit some entries, but I'm in America and Australia is just a far bit more than a small skip. XD

blah13
Org Profile

Post by blah13 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:25 pm

nope, you don't need to attend to enter. Entry is open internationally and I'm not mean enough to ask people come from around the world just to get their video in the comp :P

Also I will be mailing out the trophies regardless of where the winner lives, so unlike previous years, you can win the prizes as well as the competition.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:27 pm

Great! I'll be sending in my entires tonight. :up:

spk1983
Org Profile

Post by spk1983 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:11 pm

Well I sent in a couple AMVs yesterday, dunno if it was received...so if it wasn't, I'll email with the dl link for the required entries.

Return to “AMV Contests”