Durarara!!

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Re: Durarara!!

Post by Bakadeshi » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:57 pm

Haha, I had recently found out about the manga of this but didn't notice it was animated till i saw this thread ;p I must check this out :shock:

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:58 pm

Recent episode was pretty good, though I'm more excited for next episode.
Image Image

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Lots of good anime references in episode 6. xD I saw a Hell Girl poster, and one picture of... hm, I think the anime might be called, "Cencoroll." I'm gonna have to watch that one of these days. =|

Also, "prepare for trouble!"
Oldschool indeed. xD :up: Dotachin's worked his way up to my second favorite character in this show as well.

Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Org Profile

Post by Niotex » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:17 pm

I'm not sure if its Celty or Selty. Manga seems to read Celty while Anime says Selty..

Totally loving Durarara!! =3

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:41 pm

Just realized that I had to read three more chapters of Durarara yesterday. xD;
Spoiler :
I liked how Dotachin and all of them were introduced as Dollars in the manga a little more than in the anime. In the manga, it was straightforward, and showed more of the crazy side between the two manga nerds. In the anime, them saying, "We are The Dollars!" was just... ridiculous. It was interesting, but out-of-the-blue and very random. xD
And I dunno. I'd imagine it was Celty, but I just say that because it sounds better to me in comparison to, "Certy."

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:24 pm

I think I prefer Celty. This show continues to be fuckin amazing.

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:05 pm

ZephyrStar wrote:I think I prefer Celty. This show continues to be fuckin amazing.
I'd trust the manga translation more since its translated from the actual kana, while in the anime alot of times they translate according to how it sounds...
So yea I'll bet Celty is correct.

This show makes me realize more that I still need to see Boccano!, its so wild and hilarious its just great :O
I do prefer how they did the manga torture scene in the manga though, felt like they speed right through it in the anime that you might not even notice the connection had you not read the manga.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:56 pm

Bakadeshi wrote:This show makes me realize more that I still need to see Boccano!, its so wild and hilarious its just great :O
It's Baccano! with the a, not with the o! >_<
Please get it right... getting it wrong makes it look worse than you might think. D:

Kosmit
Slippery Pole
Org Profile

Post by Kosmit » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:53 pm

mirkosp wrote:
Bakadeshi wrote:This show makes me realize more that I still need to see Boccano!, its so wild and hilarious its just great :O
It's Baccano! with the a, not with the o! >_<
Please get it right... getting it wrong makes it look worse than you might think. D:
Thanks, you made me check the dictionary and now I am disappoint. I thought this was a curseword or something :/

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:11 pm

Latest episode was my fave, fo sho. Love Shizuo's story, plus hearing about him, Celty, Izaya, and Shinra during Highschool. Oh, and Shizuou's brother is awesome. What a cool relationship everyone has. :up:
Image Image

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”