*shameless ripoff of the godix's post from the last year*
So most of you probably remember JCAs contest from last year. This year some people tried, but were not able to do it (or simply trolled us) - I won't name them. I rather disliked the idea of it disappearing so without godix's permission I'm going to do it. Since this is me we're talking about I should point out this isn't a joke and I'll be treating it as seriously as Koop and godix did.
As many of you know, currently the Viewer's Choice Awards are by now over. The Judge's Choice Awards is a contest designed to complement the VCAs in order to provide a different viewpoint on the videos released within the past year. It is a separate contest and is in no way affiliated with the VCAs. To be perfectly clear, this is not an org hosted event but rather an event which Koop and godix ran last years and I'm reviving this year.
The basis of JCAs is to have judges select the winners rather than the general public. The public's participation is this year kinda unnecessary, since we are in a hurry and don't want to delay it even further. I believe last years contest was successful and hopefully this years will be as well.
- There are five judges whom I asked to judge in this event, and I hope that I can say that they are well-known and recognised editors from this community.
- The pool of videos to be judged will be the VCAs semi-finalists. Since not all videos were qualified for the VCAs judges will have the option of adding one video of their choice to any category. Each judge will view these videos and nominate three to four videos/people per category. Each judge has an option to add one video that is not from the pool.
- Once we have a reduced pool, every judge will be asked to go through the selected titles and rate them from 1 (worst) to n (n being the number of vids in given category). I will then add together the ratings and hopefully there will be a video/person with the highest number which will be announced as a winner of given category.
- Judges will not be allowed to vote in the categories they're nominated in - they will be allowed to nominate, though, but not themselves.
- In the event of a tie I will act as a tie breaker, otherwise I will not be involved in the judging.
- Judges will be asked to make a few brief comments on the videos in the finals. Some of those comments may be used publicly (e.g., in the results thread) but will not be attributed. To address something that came up before, I will not attribute any comments and will not release how individual judges voted. If the judges themselves choose to do that then they're certainly free to.
- The judges will remain anonymous during the voting process, it will be announced who they were once the results are posted (if they get me their approval for me to do so, that is).
- There are no prizes other than bragging rights.
- The rules are subject to change anytime :<
The results are up here.
If you have any questions or concerns about the JCAs in general please post in this thread.