2010 VCAs - General Discussion

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Re: 2010 VCAs - General Discussion

Post by CodeZTM » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:25 pm

/begin obligatory VCA whining

I agree with only 2 of the VCA's this year. Probably lowest number since I've been here. >__________>

But that's just me. :|

But hey, at least we got the JCA's! I mean, it's not like that was derailed or anything. :uhoh:

/end obligatory VCA whining

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:26 pm

Thanks everyone for the votes!

Quite honestly, funny that people who put down the VCAs so much then turn around and enter contests that have audience voting anyways (isn't that then a popularity vote as well???) :roll:

I thing the results are fine... there are always other videos that deserve recognition, I do agree, however I double there will be a time that everyone will agree with everything.. I remember even people back lashing against the JCAs too...

Congrats to all the winners!!!

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:21 am

Code wrote:/begin obligatory VCA whining

I agree with only 2 of the VCA's this year. Probably lowest number since I've been here. >__________>

But that's just me. :|

But hey, at least we got the JCA's! I mean, it's not like that was derailed or anything. :uhoh:

/end obligatory VCA whining
I can only hope I was one of your two :uhoh:

And I really have to ask, what are the JCA's? I'm not sure I've heard of them.

Looking over the winners again, I'm surprised not to see Fluffy Kittens anywhere. Considering how it got voted up in a good chunk of the categories and caused a lot of discussion. I figured it would be a shoo in.

And Code, how do you get the coolest avys?

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:27 am

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:Quite honestly, funny that people who put down the VCAs so much then turn around and enter contests that have audience voting anyways (isn't that then a popularity vote as well???) :roll:
Because that's usually blind voting not biased by anything like name, nationality or stuff like that.
Hagaren Viper wrote:And I really have to ask, what are the JCA's? I'm not sure I've heard of them.

Looking over the winners again, I'm surprised not to see Fluffy Kittens anywhere. Considering how it got voted up in a good chunk of the categories and caused a lot of discussion. I figured it would be a shoo in.

And Code, how do you get the coolest avys?
JCAs are in work right now, inthesto is managing them ATM.
Fluffy Kittens got the letdown because of the drama around them, I think. Which is bad, that shouldn't have happened, because it's good video, just not understood one.
And you get cool picture, crop it in a cool way, resize cooly and upload in your freezer ;x

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:55 am

Hagaren Viper wrote: I can only hope I was one of your two :uhoh:
Yep. You a Kawaii.

I was shocked out of my GORD that time didn't get best effects [the really only one I thought it should have won! O_O]

Hagaren Viper wrote: And Code, how do you get the coolest avys?
Consistent stalking of many graphic arts sites.

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:27 am

Nya-chan Production wrote: Because that's usually blind voting not biased by anything like name, nationality or stuff like that.
Oh really?? How many contests don't have a credit title card in front of it or allow credits? A Lot do, like Otakon, Anime Expo, Sakura-Con, etc, etc. The audience votes for all of those and how are they blind? If you’re thinking of AWA's PRO, that might be, but even there a lot of creators know each other's videos so it's not all that blind. Even Judges who judge usually know who created several of the videos in a contest so it never fully blind.

Do you honestly believe there is a perfect system that no one will complain about who won and why? We all have our opinions and ones we thing should have won. People who complain about the VCA are part of that Drama. The DRAMA I find is in everything including Clubs, Cons, Societies, Forms, etc so you really can't escape that so long as we are all still humans (Maybe the Robots has a point in the "Humans being dead" :wink:

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

LittleAtari
Call Me Moneybagz
Org Profile

Post by LittleAtari » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:30 am

What probably helped the Russians quite a bit is that most of them are on at least two websites for amvs. If you're actively uploading to multiple websites, you're going to have a bigger audience. So maybe we should start uploading to Akross, AMVNews, etc. It does help with these competitions.

Bill Ein
Org Profile

Post by Bill Ein » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:33 am

Thanks everyone for the votes!

Quite honestly, funny that people who put down the VCAs so much then turn around and enter contests that have audience voting anyways (isn't that then a popularity vote as well???) :roll:

I thing the results are fine... there are always other videos that deserve recognition, I do agree, however I double there will be a time that everyone will agree with everything.. I remember even people back lashing against the JCAs too...

Congrats to all the winners!!!

Vlad
:up:
LittleAtari wrote:What probably helped the Russians quite a bit is that most of them are on at least two websites for amvs. If you're actively uploading to multiple websites, you're going to have a bigger audience. So maybe we should start uploading to Akross, AMVNews, etc. It does help with these competitions.
:up:

AikiNick
Org Profile

Post by AikiNick » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:34 am

Well, seems to me there's a lot of hostility here. Or am I wrong? One way or another, is there actually a reason to be mad at Russians? I mean they did deserve this, didn't they? Ok, so someone doesn't agree with Aggressor being the Most Helpful. But, for example, Qwaqa did deserve it, right? Or are you guys saying that the majority of voters were Russians and they voted, simply cause of nationality? One way or another, there's no way to find that out, unless we have some kind of statistics, right? But without those, there's not even a reason to mention such a thing, IMHO.

I was very much satisfied with the results this year. Qwaqa finally got what he deserved. On the background of AKROSS and Alt Opening contests, VCA seemed to me as the only fair one. Well, those are the problems inside the Russian community, so there's no reason to mention it here...

Anyways, congrats to all the winners! You did great job, guys.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:45 am

AikiNick102 wrote:One way or another, is there actually a reason to be mad at Russians? I mean they did deserve this, didn't they?
I don't think people are pissed because Russians won, I think they're pissed because many of the awards were undeserved. But we feel this way EVERY year. It's not the Russians, it's the videos they made, and that we all had an idea of what videos deserved each award. I mean, it's like this way every year, people are just pulling the nationality card because it's easier. >__>

Return to “2010 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards”